Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi (ANH)

Boba Fett (ROTJ)

Dack Ralter (ESB)

Emperor Palpatine (ROTJ)

Grand Moff Tarkin (ANH)

Jabba the Hutt (ROTJ)

Rancor (ROTJ)

Yoda (ROTJ)

I had a hard time deciding between Yoda and Palpatine, but ended up going with Palp. I didn't chose his death because it was the most action packed, but because it had the most tention and drama of any of the above mentioned deaths. Just seeing the conflict going on inside of Vader...trying to chose between saving his ill fated son or turning on his master (and the dark side) and ending Palpatine's rule...is what makes this scene so great. It still gives me chills and brings warmth to my heart when I see Vader move towards Palp and pick him up. Vader made the ultimate sacrifice, and in doing so, redeemed himself and all he once stood for.

I went with Rancor cause it was so dang cool!.. the others weren't all that action packed..

Also, I don't remember the character's name.. But I would have voted for the pilot who blows up during the first run on the Death Star in Star Wars.

he died when someone was saying "stay on target, stay on target, stay on target"

"aaaahhhhhhhhhh!"

KABLAM! :D

Chris here...

I would say that Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader's death scene is probably the best because it's the most meaningful in context to the whole trilogy - all 6 of the Star Wars movies are basically based around the Skywalker family, so Anakin's redemption is a major moment. Palpatine's death I think would come in a very close second, simply because of the significant impact it has on the storyline as well. :)

Take care... :)

Anakin's was the best. Why? He died in Luke's arms after turning good. And it was really subtle, like he could finally release all of his hatred and angst and just quietly let go. That and it just freaked me out as a kid to see (1.) Vader be a good guy, (2.) Take off his helmet (Unheard of!!), and then (3.) die. (What?? Vader can't die! He's good now and he has to be with Luke as his long lost dad! Nooo!!)

But to run down the list of others "buying the farm"...

Admiral Ozzel: Almost comical how he's gasping for breath while Piett stands there and receives new orders from Vader. You just know Piett's wanting to release the contents of his bladder and/or bowels right then and there...

(Ben) Obi-Wan Kenobi: I know it was 1976-ish and the budget was tight, but the cardboard cut-out-looking Kenobi being slashed by a SSSLLLOOOWWW Vader just looked cheesy to me. Lucas should've fixed THAT in the Special Edition instead of making Solo "dodge" (Ugh!) a laser blast and inserting a blobby and rotund Jabba that only slightly resembled the original. (Meh! That's a whole other thread!)

Boba Fett: Died most dishonorably like a screaming idiot flailing around. He's cool, but his death was very un-cool.

Dack Ralter: For some reason his death to me as a kid was kinda creepy and unexpected, especially since Luke had to ditch the crashed snowspeeder and leave Dack's corpse to be smashed like he did. I don't know why it bothered me, but it always did.

Emperor Palpatine: Good death. He went screaming down that shaft perfectly; as if he really REALLY did not forsee that! Ian McDiarmid's a master of his craft. He's so cool.

Grand Moff Tarkin: He never saw it coming. It wouldv'e been more savory had he known it was coming; smug, overconfident *$#%!

Jabba the Hutt: Hee hee!! Choked to death with his own slave girl chain! How embarassing! Man I remember that scene cementing the notion in my mind that Leia could be hard-core when she had to. And that seemed far-fetched almost looking back considering most female parts in movies were very passive and portrayed as the helpless woman/victim. Leia's bad!

Rancor: Skull crushed with a giant iron gate. Pretty ingenious of Luke!

Yoda: Now I wouldv'e ranked this one right up there with Anakin's. It was really done well by Frank Oz IMO. He just seemed to have Yoda's expressions down so well; even now Yoda looks so real to me in ROTJ. Very poignant.

I had a hard time deciding between Yoda and Palpatine, but ended up going with Palp.  I didn't chose his death because it was the most action packed, but because it had the most tention and drama of any of the above mentioned deaths.  Just seeing the conflict going on inside of Vader...trying to chose between saving his ill fated son or turning on his master (and the dark side) and ending Palpatine's rule...is what makes this scene so great.  It still gives me chills and brings warmth to my heart when I see Vader move towards Palp and pick him up.  Vader made the ultimate sacrifice, and in doing so, redeemed himself and all he once stood for.

(@) My vote would have to go to Emperor Palpitine as well for the same case you make DarthJoe.

I think the Boba Fett scene was the coolest followed by the Luke/vader scene! :)