Fox News Confirms G.I. Joe Movie by Dreamworks!!

Devilbat

Hey guys! I know this has been mentioned recently, so if this has already been confirmed, I'm sorry. I'm just so excited I have to post this thread:

I was just watching the "Quick Hits" portion of Fox News, and they announced that Dreamworks is indeed planning a G.I. Joe movie!! How awesome is that??!! WOO HOO!! This is a childhood dream come true for me! Just as long it isn't another "Batman & Robin" mess or "Street Fighter: The Movie", I'm so there! Maybe I should wait until I learn who is directing and acting in it before getting excited, but man it's still an awesome development. My imagination's gonna go wild with possible storylines now. Wow! I'm just so excited at the thought of a G.I. Joe movie!!

:D:)- :D:)- :D:)- :D:)- :D:)- :D:)- :D:)- :D:)- :D:)-

DB,

I just hope they don't ruin it. If its like a Jerry Bruckheimer type it could have a chance, but they really have to think about us oldschoolers before they think about little kids or it'll be ruined.

I want a military theme type movie with darkness, and all.

even if they do screw it up, it is awesome for us.

it will take at least 2 years to make, which ensures that even if it bombs we will have at least 3 years of new gi joe toys so i am happy.

i'm sure no matter what the hardcore fans will not like it, which basicly guarentees that i will love it.

Who said it was ever going to be about the 3 3/4" line?

For all we know it will focus on the 12" character and be totally unrelated to even Joe Colton.

KILLER OF ALL DREAMS, @-@ you and 8 speed, KILL EVERYDREAM lol, :lol:

I for one am glad they are doing this as long as its a cartoon or cgi (ie final fantasy), BUT NO!!!!!!! NO !!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!! live action,

Killer of Dreams?

No, Im simply being a realist and pointing out possibilities. I prefer not to build up my hopes just so they could be crushed. I was a big Fist of the North Star fan fan. Then when I heard of that live-action movie being in the works. I was pretty thrilled.

Then I saw it. :o

Shaq's a pretty decent fella actually.

Shaq is a big over-rated #@$#@.! :evil: He has minimal talent at best, he is just lucky enough to be freakin huge!

Shaq's a pretty decent fella actually.

Shaq is a big over-rated #@*%.! :evil: He has minimal talent at best, he is just lucky enough to be freakin huge!

I agree. Hopefully KG and the T-Wolves will take the Lakers out in the first round. Garnett has really stepped up since the allstar break. They have a good shot at beating the Lakers, IMO.

BTW - Why hasn't anyone started an NBA playoffs thread in the GD area?

garnett is a someone with some actual direction and fire unlike the Fakers.

unlike kobe who is always "playing through" some made up pain, garnett is a man of integrety who never makes excuses.

even when the refs get paid off by stern.

i hope dreamworks makes spy troops the movie.

Sorry guys, since I accidentally started the post that pushed this thread off topic, i'd better steer it back on. I like RJ's idea for a live action script, but realistically speaking, unless you helm the project, hollywoods' gonna run it to the ground.

We should start a topic about the NBA in the GD.