Anyone watch the NFL Draft?

Maeglin

I doubt it, being that the first 15 pics take a ridiculously long amount of time, but if you did, what did you think? Were the trades good? Did any team get screwed, in your opinion? Who had the best draft day? Which player was the best draft choice?

The TV was on and the sports news was on, but i playing with my Gi Joes and didnt really pay attension.

But i heard the redskins got some guy from the gators, i guess that was a good pick.

I hope the Vikings get good picks cause they are my favorite team.

i watched most of the first 3 rounds. I think that the bengals did a VERY good job at picking people. Carson Palmer will do them good, there QB's suck so hes a good addition. Weathersby is also a good addition to the team. Hes fast,swift and can get some good interceptions.Kelley Washington was a pick that i was really interested in. The Bengals receivers are good but Kelley Washington is really good and will greatly increase their strength. My favorite of their picks was Steinbach, the bengals line is horrible, i mean horrible. Steinbach was definately one of the top picks for offensive line. And he will really help with their offensive protection. So now they will most likely have a productive offense. Palmer at QB, throwing to Washington, and being guarded by Steinbach. The Bengals are a very bad team i admit, but i do think that these new picks will help them somewhat. Another team who i thought made a good pick was the Jets. I only liked two of their picks, B.J. Askew and Dweyne Robertson their good, and im happy since i live in NY. One of the worst picking teams was the Giants. All they are is defense, defense, defense. Almost all of their picks were defensive men. And to me what made it even worse was that most of the guys they picked werent even that good. I was really surprised when Chris Simms was picked as the final pick in the 3rd round. I think Tampa Bay got a very good bargain off of him. Overall, when it comes to draft picks, i think the 3 teams that pickd the best were

1. Bengals

2. Jets

3. Cleveland(not sure about this one)

So much for Ken Dorsey. Got taken in the last round.

Last round, eh? Well, the knock on him was that he was too small. IMO - quarterbacks are the biggest gamble because the learning curve of the NFL is so high. Also, let's face it - some guys turn out to like Marino, Elway, Manning, and Bledsoe while other draft picks turn out to be the next Ryan Leaf....

The Vikings took too long and lost 2 spots in the draft  :-?

They had the same problem last year . . . Their trade took too long, and Dallas scooped up the player they or the team they were trading with wanted (forget which), and there was a big arguement about who should get the player. It was a big mess.

Ken Dorsey may not have the best arm, but unlike Ryan Leaf, he's willing to improve his game, and is out in the SW training already. He might have something special, but who knows? If he turns out to be great, San Fran will be laughing at the 270 some odd picks that went before him.

The Vikings don't have a GM and that is part of the problem. They claimed they had a trade with the Ravens, but the Ravens failed to notify the proper people. They got the guy they wanted, but it still looked bad. A lot of Vikings fans were ticked that Suggs wasn't the pick, but I think he's too undersized for the NFC North anyway. The Packers and Bears have huge OL and a 262 pound DL will have trouble with that.

The Vikings don't have a GM and that is part of the problem.

:o They don't? What kind of game are they playing at, Bengal football operations? :-?

Anyway, anyone else think Buffalo taking McGahee as their 1st round selection was a gamble? I think that might have been the biggest surprise in the draft. That and Jets fans not booing their selection :wink: .

2003 PACKERS DRAFT PICKS

RD(PK) NAME POS SCHOOL

1(29) NICK BARNETT OLB OREGON STATE

3(15) KENNY PETERSON DE OHIO STATE

5(12) JAMES LEE DT OREGON STATE

5(31) HUNTER HILLENMEYER MLB VANDERBILT

6(39) BRENNAN CURTIN OT NOTRE DAME

7(31) CHRIS JOHNSON CB LOUISVILLE

7(39) DEANDREW RUBIN WR SOUTH FLORIDA

7(42) CARL FORD WR TOLEDO

7(43) STEVE JOSUE LB CARSON NEWMAN

I dont' know who any of these guys are, so I can't make a judgement. The Packers were pretty hushed hushed as far as the draft talk went, though.

I watched the entire draft, both days. I watch alot of college football and the NFL, so I was really interested in seeing where all the players went.

As for the first round.. yeah its normally very long, but still exciting and I like listening to what the commentators have to say about the picks.

As for the Minnesota thing.. Well they didn't mess up too badly, they still got the player they wanted, but they could have picked up a few extra picks by getting a trade done to move down.

Who do I think did the best? Well I really liked how Baltimore was able to get Terrel Suggs at #10. he should have been a top 4 pick. Who cares if his 40 time was a little bad? The guy has shown that he can play. 24 sacks? I would pick him. Also, the Ravens got Kyle Boller, who should be a really good player in the future.

I was hoping that either Terrel Suggs or Marcus Trufant would slide to the Bears at #13 (after they traded their #4 pick).. I wasn't very pleased that they didn't try to move up and get either one of them at 10 or 11.

So much for Ken Dorsey. Got taken in the last round.

Last round, eh? Well, the knock on him was that he was too small. IMO - quarterbacks are the biggest gamble because the learning curve of the NFL is so high. Also, let's face it - some guys turn out to like Marino, Elway, Manning, and Bledsoe while other draft picks turn out to be the next Ryan Leaf....

Really,his size shouldn't matter. Look at Doug Flutie. As for what you're saying about QBs overall,yeah you've got a point.

Personally, I agree with you hamster, size shouldn't matter and living in Calgary, guys like Flutie and Garcia proved that....NFL teams, however, don't share the same feelings that you or I might - otherwise Flutie would have been noticed sooner than he was. As for my QB comment, you can also add Jeff George, Akili Smith, Gino Torretta, and Danny Wuerffel to the list that included Ryan Leaf...

As for my QB comment, you can also add Jeff George, Akili Smith, Gino Torretta, and Danny Wuerffel to the list that included Ryan Leaf...

Ooo, ooo, don't forget Vinny Testaverde and Rob Johnson.

every single time i see testaverde i want to puke in his face, i hate him. Im glad penningtons their starting QB now. The jets are gonna suck big time this year, they gave away chad morton, laveraneus coles, and some other good guy. I cant believe they did that, coles was good and morton ran back kickoff TD's.

He wasn't bad, true, but he never lived up to the hype. And he was never consistent. He was supposed to be really, really good, and showed flashes of it in Cleveland (when he did play) and in New York. I guess his years in Tampa sort of killed him.