POLL: batman without robin

Chazz

do perfer Batman solo or with Robin  

1. 1. do perfer Batman solo or with Robin

• batman WITH robin
    • batman WITHOUT robin

hey guys!

alot of people have always stated that they liked the more darker Batman without a kid hanging on his side the whole time. i remember when tim drake was first introduced alot of people got upset because they liked batman going back to his roots as being the dark knight without the punchlines. i also remember when jason todd died that alot of people (including myself) felt batman needs robin to keep him sane in a city full of lunatics. so i was wondering if you perfer batman to be without his sidekick robin rather it be in the comic or animated series.

To be honest the Robin less and nightwing less Batman in JL just seems wrong. The jl animated series is great, but it just doesn't seem right w/o his sidekicks(I know they ain't in the jla comic, but they could guest.) So my vote is with Robin.

Chris here...

Personally I always get a kick out of seeing Batman with Robin at his side - partly that's because my first exposure to Batman was the 1960s TV series which did, of course, feature Robin prominantly. However, in all the subsequent incarnations I've seen, I still prefer Robin to be at Batman's side! :)

Take care... :)

even though i like batman with robin i've gotta admit i enjoy 'legend of the dark knight' title more in the comics because he is a loner. IMO he's got too many kids,women, and wanna be's around him in the new comics and it kinda takes away the edge and darkness in the stories.

Without. Because having a partner involves TRUST, and Batman is incapable of it. The JLA nearly DIED, and the world nearly got conquered because he didnt trust them.

I don't think it was because he didn't trust them its just that Bats is ALWAYS prepared for anything. He's the consumate warrior....always ready....constantly analyzing everything and everyone. It wasn't his fault that Ra's al found his files. I also think that Batman should have Robin.....he's a big part of Bat-history.But I also believe that bats should work alone sometimes.

I don't think it was because he didn't trust them its just that Bats is ALWAYS prepared for anything.

Doesnt excuse his actions. Prepared shmapared, people who trusted him nearly DIED because of his actions, no matter how much you try to spin doctor it. That's a betrayal of trust. No, those files are there because he didnt trust Earths greatest heroes to control themselves. And if he cant trust grown adults, then theres logically no way can he trust a teenager

It wasn't his fault that Ra's al found his files. .

Thats not the point. It *IS* his fault that the files were there to be found in the first place. He crossed a line, and it shouldnt be glossed over just because he's a character who's been around for six decades. You just dont DO these things. Robin may be a big part of Bat-History. But having him would be inconsistent with Batman's current behavior. In fact I wouldnt be suprised if pointy-ears has murder plots hatched against Oracle and Commisioner Gordon

OMG clooney was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kimer was to but no movie will ever be worse than batman and robin. not even ecks vs sever

Animated, yes. Movie, Keatons (Clooney wasnt TOO bad), Comics, No. I simply feel he grossly crossed a line.

So you were that offended by batmans actions in the "Babel" storyline that you just can't stand him???? Batman is probably my fav hero.....I think he was doing the right thing by studying all the JL and finding weaknesses. In case any of them ever went nuts........ Evidently supes trusts him because if he didn't he wouldn't have given him the kryptonite ring. (he probably had one anyway :lol: )

Clooney simply didnt have a good script to work with. The movie may have been undeniably bad, but Clooney was not the reason.

well actually yes he was. definalty. he even admitted that he ruined it in an interview 2 years ago

Animated, yes. Movie, Keatons (Clooney wasnt TOO bad), Comics, No. I simply feel he grossly crossed a line.

So you were that offended by batmans actions in the "Babel" storyline that you just can't stand him????

The JLA was nearly KILLED and Ra's almost conquered the world. Im sure a small number of people across the globe probably got killed or seriously injured in the confusion. What part of that is failing to sink into your head? INNOCENT PEOPLE GOT HURT BADLY that didnt have to.

Batman is probably my fav hero.....I think he was doing the right thing by studying all the JL and finding weaknesses.

Of course you think he did the right thing, he's your favorite 'hero'. Easy to put blinders on when its someone you like. You cant honestly tell me he's incapable of doing any wrong. Even Superman has committed questionable actions

In case any of them ever went nuts...

That's not a call Batman should be entitled to make.

But what if BATMAN was the one to go nuts? What would stop HIM now that he knows the most efficient way to eliminate Earths greatest heroes? I dont care how you try to spin doctor it so it sounds okay. It isnt. and I know I could never work with a guy who was continually watching me.

How many times have the heroes been under someone else's mind control, or not of sound mind? What if the whole league was being manipulated, what would happen? who would oppose them? Who could stop them? every other member of the justice league thinks way top highly of there selves and relies on their abilities to much to think about things like that. Batman, being the tactician he is prepared for any event, every out come and all contingencies. Having files about the justice league was a mistake, but knowing each of their weaknesses and knowing how to take them down if it had to come to that is what any responsible tactician would do, and batman is the only man capable of pulling it off. batman's "my way or the highway" attitude toward his robins have always been a problem, and always will be, its just the price of the job. Of course batman has trust issues, that's his nature, its the way he is, its a part of what makes him so good at his job, but its also one of his biggest liabilities unfortunately.

Hey Doc I'm not trying to get into a heated debate over this with you. I just can't believe that you would get so offended by a characters actions that you hate his guts. I'm also not just saying this about bats cause he is one of my fav characters i'm just saying look at it from a human point of view.....bats is human just like us.....honestly if I was bats i would've done the same thing. Surrounded by aliens, amazons, speedsters....I mean i think he was right in what he did...cause I would have done the same thing if I was batman. But then again he found out all the weaknesses of earths greatest heroes......and got his ass handed to him by bane a while back and gave the mantle of the bat to jean paul....and not to dick grayson so the guy obviously makes mistakes. But always makes them right