GIJoe #16 Spoilers

JayC

Well I just read the new issue of GIJoe. My money is on the kids being clones of Serpentor. Looks like the one kid is into Transformers. Had a G1 Prime on his shelf :)

I got this issue today and found out I was missing # 15. Not sure what happened, I never even noticed. I had to hurry and order it from smalljoes.

The kids also had names like Julius and Alexander. Maybe as in Caeser and The Great, who Serpy was made from. Playing games like Risk and Stratego to help them rule the world someday.

I liked Firewall's Jem shirt.

Cover Girl was hot!

I'd like to see Tim Seeley stick around and be the regular penciler.

Hey, there's Snake Eyes without his mask again. :P

. My money is on the kids being clones of Serpentor

:D Well, I would say that they are direct clones of Caesar and Alexander the Great. Dr. Mindbender had the DNA, so it's a possibility that he cloned the kids planning for the future, and I think the future is near. They'll bring back serpentor, but I don't see the purpose of the kids, because with the existing dna they could just take it directly, no?

I just got the comic... here's my opinion...

It's super sweet.

Why do I say that? Well, after the total garbage that was issues 14 and 15 (I bought them today with issue 16, hoping they'd turn out to be as good :roll:) I was stunned by how good 16 was. The art was perfect, the characters and attitudes were all there, and for even the people who hate Serpentor (not me) I think this story line is really interesting. It's awesome, and I will definitely buy the next issue to see what happens.

Tom

I just got the comic... here's my opinion...  

It's super sweet.

Why do I say that? Well, after the total garbage that was issues 14 and 15....

Tom

I wouldn't say 14 and 15 were total garbage. It was cool to see the Joes outside a combat situation sometimes, even if it leads to run-ins with Cobra.

Also, Big Boa made a little cameo and CC showed some balls by executing one of his own men.

And lastly, a few fan favorites made finally made it into the book: Mutt, Alpine and Bazooka.

Next time you're at the comic shop, take a gander at Frontlines #5 and #6 (read it there if you can before you buy it). It tells a tale that revolves around Duke's black ops past during the Joe's 7 year hiatus.

In this story arc, you'll find old favorites like Life Line and Airtight.

Next time you're at the comic shop, take a gander at Frontlines #5 and #6 (read it there if you can before you buy it). It tells a tale that revolves around Duke's black ops past during the Joe's 7 year hiatus.  

In this story arc, you'll find old favorites like Life Line and Airtight.

8S, I picked up issue 6 at the same time I bought 14, 15, and 16! :lol: Not only that, but I had issue 5 of Frontlines earlier in the month...

There's no complaints about that book, it's damn near perfect. Heck, it even has bio-monsters in it and I like it :)-

Tom

it even has bio-monsters in it and I like it  

Me too. I thought it was gonna suck with all those creatures, but it's actually pretty good!!!!! Frontline definately hasn't disapointed me at all, and the regular series are getting better!!!!! Good time for G.I.JOE for sure

Oh. Come on, guys. Especially you, 8S - I thought you would see those issues (14 & 15) as burning crap someone left for you at the door.

The art made everyone look blobby, and not just on tubby Bazooka. It didn't look good, especially compared to Sharpe's previous work and the guy who did issue 16. If I had the option, I'd return these two comics and ask for an apology. And then some Magic cards to burn in front of the nerds who hang out at the comic shop I go t... back on topic,

Big Boa is what saved the issue? I like Big Boa, yes... but he sucked in that issue. "Cobra's main trainer!" WTF? Would he actually talk like that? And Bazooka, who's made out to be a stupid tub of a man... he beats on Big Boa pretty quickly - BIG BOA - who's not only a champion boxer, but one of the most in-shape Cobra's ever! Come on. Bazooka wouldn't stand a chance.

Probably the only saving grace was the little Crimson Guard shrine the kid finds at the end of the issue. That was pretty damn cool, and displaying that Cobra is still everywhere and anyone.

Tom

Oh. Come on, guys. Especially you, 8S - I thought you would see those issues (14 & 15) as burning crap someone left for you at the door.  

The art made everyone look blobby, and not just on tubby Bazooka. It didn't look good, especially compared to Sharpe's previous work and the guy who did issue 16. If I had the option, I'd return these two comics and ask for an apology. And then some Magic cards to burn in front of the nerds who hang out at the comic shop I go t... back on topic,  

Big Boa is what saved the issue? I like Big Boa, yes... but he sucked in that issue. "Cobra's main trainer!" WTF? Would he actually talk like that? And Bazooka, who's made out to be a stupid tub of a man... he beats on  Big Boa pretty quickly - BIG BOA - who's not only a champion boxer, but one of the most in-shape Cobra's ever! Come on. Bazooka wouldn't stand a chance.  

Probably the only saving grace was the little Crimson Guard shrine the kid finds at the end of the issue. That was pretty damn cool, and displaying that Cobra is still everywhere and anyone.  

Tom

Like I said, it good to see the Joes interact in their downtime. I'm not saying it was great but it's just another side of Joe that we'll see sometimes. It just shows some of the friendships outside Joe.

My only complaint about 14-15 is the art. It starts out OK, then they switched artists/penciller/whatever and Bazooka looks from a trimmed down version of his appearance in ithe first few issues to Marlon Brando incarnate again... in the same issue. That is the most annoying thing about those issues: the noticeable transition between artists.

damn ---- I must just be easy to please or something. I've liked almost every issue of both frontline and the main book to come out yet. The only problem I've been having is that some issues seem to have been delayed. However, I could just be suffering from lack of Joe material for the past couple years and still basking in the glory that is a new Joe book!!!!!!