Case Ratios for Series 4?

Maeglin

This is what I heard the ratio for the 12 fig cases was/is going to be:

8xGollum

2xLegolas

1xTheoden

1xSam

This is . . . uh . . . good and bad :-? ? Good because I'll actually get my damn gollum without having to go on wild goose hunts like I do for Galadriel, and bad because the ratio is ridiculously off. Those who want Legolas and Theoden will be peeved, and gollum might become a peg warmer. I honestly don't know what Toy Biz is thinking . . .

As a non completist it makes sense to me, but I fully understand your frustration. Gollum is the only one I want from that assortment. Legolas? Already got a perfectly good Helm's Deep Legolas, and the skateboard is silly. Theoden? Meh. I don't want him anyway, but there's nothing wrong with the one already released (is this one even different?). Sam? With rope climbing action? But, I have a perfectly good Sam already.

Hopefully there are four non-completists for every completist and everyone will be happy.

He's Theoden with Helm's Deep armour, the one that's coming out in the Haldir 5(?) pack later this summer. I actually don't think I'm going to pick up the other three, though. I gave up being a completist when I saw Frodo and Sam with Elven Boat paddling aciton! :roll: That went a little too far for me, and I can always pick up the same Legolas and the Theoden in that 5 pack with Haldir. Now I only get those that I can't do without (Balrog, anyone?). But the ratio is still ridiculous, and I feel bad for those that do want the other three. I should: I'm still hunting Galadriel. :evil: :evil:

I found series 4 today, and the only figure I found was Gollum. I only want a Gollum and Sam from this wave, because every other figure will be available later this summer in the 5-pack.

I tell ya, Gollum's cool. I haven't broken the bendy wire yet and Toy Biz says it's a new kind of bendy thing, so we'll see. Maybe they're shipping so many Gollums because they break easily and people will want to replace it. Or he's a popular character. Whichever.

Hmm, sounds early . . . I thought they were shipping in April . . .

Good points though about the ratio, Slime Pit Victim.

I found Gollum at Wal*Mart. Last week, I found the army builder wave at another WM across town. It's been pretty good as far as LOTR here. Just wish I could find new Star Wars figures now.

Ditto. My Wal-Mart got in the army builder asst. sometime last week. Today I went in & found the Helm's Deep Legolas (I've got the previous one, that's enough for me) & Gollum! The preciousssss is mine!. :)-

I just nabbed the Galadriel, Merry/Pippin, and Prologue Elf at my local Wal-mart. I found a Galadriel a few weeks back (when I wasn't really collecting LOTR yet) and thought nothing of it. I ended up buying Merry/Pippin for a friend of mine on that day, but today I was lucky enough to come across all of them again for my own collection. Happy hunting my friends.

~The Belk~

thats crappy as hell as for ratio, but the only one i will be getting is gollum cause im getting the two sets. the hobbit one and the helms deep one

I'm a completist, and I think that the ratio is AWFUL. True, I do think Gollum will be the most popular of the wave, but 8 per case???? This makes the awful wave 3 case assortments look good. ANd what about the Gimli re-ossue? Has this been cancelled? I also heard that twilight frodo is out, but is a chase figure, shipping at an absurdly low rate (someone said one every six cases, I don't know if that's true). I think a better case assortment for wave 4 would've been: 1X Gimli, 1X twilight frodo, 1X armored king theoden, 2X sam in mordor, 3X Helm's Deep laegolas, and 4X gollum. I remeber reading a while back that the versions of figures in the helm's deep five-pack would all differ somewhat from the single carded versions, and from pics I've seen, the armor on the 5-pack theoden looks to have a duller finish to it than the single carded one. It could be just thelighting in the pics, who knows, but I really hope toy biz corrects this case assortment.

I'mI think a better case assortment for wave 4 would've been: 1X Gimli' date=' 1X twilight frodo, 1X armored king theoden, 2X sam in mordor, 3X Helm's Deep laegolas, and 4X gollum.quote']

If the ratio was that, you'd miss out on them just as much, man. Anything that's packed x1 is never on the pegs.

venal4: Got a question for a fellow canucker. What stores in your area carry the Lord of the Rings figs? Are there any other than TRU? I live just outside Vancouver and can only find them at TRU. The Wal-marts don't seem to have them.

i find most at tru, they have the odd one at zellers ans wa mart. my zellers had about 4 months ago fotr bilbo and elrond for 5 bucks, and i midssed them! :evil: