twilight frodo

joeblow

Someone posted at the lordoftheringsguide.com board that it went for $85 on ebay, so someone must have found it.

Sometime with the TTT series, and since there is only one more planned, he'll be coming out alongside Gollum, I believe. He's case, 'the holy grail of LOTR collector's' if I remember correctly. The box has the eye of sauron background, and if you look closely, frodo has the ring on, since he can only be 'invisible' with it on, after all. Good move by Toy Biz, that. The $85 is pretty reasonable, I guess, given the amount of these figs that are going to be made, and it's also early.

Well, maybe not, but you've got to consider that he's a chase figure, and that he's not a variant of another clear frodo figure, which means he will be rarer, much rarer, than 1 per case. His run is probably going to be something like the chase Mekaneck, like 1 of 1,000, or something, and to have him up for auction early . . .

Ok, my arguement is not even convincing me, but it is what it is. The only way I'm getting him is if I see him for retail price, and not even then. I'll let someone else pick up a clear FOTR frodo; I don't need him.

Yeah, I heard that he's in the wave four cases, which have just been released. I read that he's supposedly packed at one per every six cases, but I'm not sure how reliable this information is. Time will tell. Toy Biz has done a chase figure in each series of Marvel Legends, and these have all proven to be tough finds, so I'm guessing twilight frodo will be the same type of thing. I do have to say, that packaging they showed him in at toy fair did look pretty cool.

Yeah, no one liked the idea of a clear frodo using the original scult (who really would, when you get down to it :wink: ), and Toy Biz actually listened for once. If only they could listen about the Balrog . . .

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they said a definite no on the Balrog. Period.

As much as I hate it, Forcehunter's right, Venal4. The Green Dragon got word from Toy Biz that at the moment the Balrog is dead in the water. The petition link was even taken off of www.thegd.com, so obviously that failed . . . :cry:

One Twilight Frodo is going for over $115 on e-bay. Completely blows my mind. I want one bad, but not $115 worth of bad. I'll just wait till the summer when the hype dies down a little. I know the price will alway be up there because of how extremely rare the figure is, but people tend to go wild and crazy when something like this first hits the market. Only time will tell how things turn out with this awesome figure.

~The Belk~

i have one of these and i will be willing to trade it for some tf stuff..

or sell it for half of what is going for on ebay.

this is said to be a genuine chase! kb said that they only got one from the 3 cases of the new wave yesterday.

LMK

gobot@hotmail.com

I found one yesterday at KB. I'm friends with the manager and called up to see if they got any new stuff in. He checked and confirmed they had Twilight Frodo and put it aside for me. Awesome guy!

Anyway, this one is staying the package. It is a totally incredible figure but DON'T pay the outrageous ebay prices!

I found a fresh case of series 4 at KB yesterday, alas no Twilight Frodo. I did get Sam, Theoden, and Legolas, so it's all good. Sooner or later, I'll get my hands on a Twilight Frodo.

Anyone else found the red boxed 12" Arwen? I did and think it's a vast improvement on the previous figure.

Anyone else found the red boxed 12" Arwen? I did and think it's a vast improvement on the previous figure.

Supposed to be rare, too.