New GIJoe Cartoon a Go

JayC

It will be on CN. There will first be a JvC movie I think this Aug on CN. For the preview we video taped it and if the quality turned out we will try and provide it online for you to UL it.

Seeing it first hand, what did you think? Cheesy? Well Done? Armada? :wink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Latta was totally the man, and his shoes will be very hard to fill for Cobra Commander.

Anyway, I never have time to watch TV, so all in all as long as it's not too kiddy, but at the same time appealing to kids (what a concept!!) all will be well.

CGI for the unmasked characters, like most of the Joes, they will undoubtedly look goofy, but for other characters, such as Snakes, CC, etc., it should look alright.

Oh, well . . . I've always got all the old episodes on VHS to watch if I need my cel animation "fix".

WHOoOOoOOo about daaaaaamn time!Nothing will really compare to the old school GI Joe cartoon,but I'm always one to see something new and inventive and I can't wait!I hope this cartoon turns out to be an excellent success,in lieu of that experienced by He-Man and TF:Armada.I have to say that I think some of the voiceworkers from Armada will be featured on the new CGI GI Joe cartoon (like in the past,a lot of GI Joe voiceworkers were featured in the old TF series,and vice-versa)...and yeah,Beachhead definitely needs a better voice...though the rendition of CC in the cgi commercials wasn't that bad...but NO ONE will compare to Chris Latta (God rest his soul).I'm really looking forward to this,on top of He-Man, TF:Armada,and the new TMNT,we now got GI Joe!Yo Joe!!!

Even though the quality and effectiveness of a CGI toon is questionable to some (Not me!) there is one saving grace...

There won't be any damned Japanese/American co-release like Armada. Therefore, acting will be much better and geared towards one language - ENGLISH.

Tom

We know we can't get Latta back but it would be nice to get the original actors back to do the voices...

Won't be the same watching and hearing the older voices and trying to match them against the new voices...

I'm not too excited. I think its gonna really suck because we'll still see lasers, its CGI, and they'll probably just focus on only the main Joes instead of showing us a lot of the faces from the past. Remember in the old series they'd feature each year of Joes as they came out as the main Joes for the cartoon series. I'd hate to see what Firefly looks like if they model him after the JvC toy. With CGI I don't think you can have great hand to hand combat fights like the oldies. Man I'm gonna be so depressed.

I was just thinking about the commercial's I've seen for the toys in the past few months. I'm pretty sure, if memory serves me right, that Cobra Commander's voice was done well, but Mindbender sounded stupid because they took away his accent.

Also, and I'm probably missing something here, when did anyone ever get the impression that Destro is black? I know his son was (or looked that way) in the comic. But every Destro toy ever put out had white skin. I mean hell, I guess he could be both.

With CGI I don't think you can have great hand to hand combat fights like the oldies

Are you serious??? Did you not see Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes fighting in the commercials? Those 2 battles blow any of the older animations hand to hand fights.

Besides what really pissed me off as a kid was watching either Spirit or Quick Kick fight Storm Shadow and win :x

TommyGoth- I was referring to Destro's voice. In the comics (i.e., the correct canon), Destro is a Scottish arms dealer, the latest in a LONG line of Scottish arms dealers. In the cartoon (i.e., the incorrect canon), Destro had the voice of someone of African descent, with little to no accent at all. While in theory there is nothing wrong with him being black, one would imagine that someone raised in a traditional Scottish aristocratic family with a long line behind him would sound a LEAST a little Scottish, not American. And yes, you are correct... Destro's toys have always been white. While they could pull a Kingpin in the new cartoon in order to explain his voice, he should still have something more of an accent.

Destro does look african american in newer pics of him aswell.

NO matter what happens in the coming years, the war, me shipping off, i know i have joe and that makes me feel okay inside!

I am confused.. I found this info over at QKTheatre

CGI: According to Ryan Crissy (AKA Sentinel) of JoeSightings.com, Hasbro did not confirm during the Wednesday press conference that a G.I.Joe CGI series is in production. "Derryl [DePriest] made a point of saying no deals have been made at this time," Ryan stated. "The only thing that was confirmed was the 44-minute [spy Troops] movie we already knew about. He added that if there were an announcement to make, he would have made it." When Ryan asked Derryl DePriest about the possibility of a CGI series, Hasbro's G.I.Joe Marketing Director explained, "[W]e're still in discussions with the networks. Right now, our focus is on the movie and making that a big success."

Is there a new Joe CGI series in the works or are the pics to be posted here later just from the upcoming the Spy Troops movie?

I am confused.. I found this info over at QKTheatre

CGI: According to Ryan Crissy (AKA Sentinel) of JoeSightings.com, Hasbro did not confirm during the Wednesday press conference that a G.I.Joe CGI series is in production. "Derryl [DePriest] made a point of saying no deals have been made at this time," Ryan stated. "The only thing that was confirmed was the 44-minute [spy Troops] movie we already knew about. He added that if there were an announcement to make, he would have made it." When Ryan asked Derryl DePriest about the possibility of a CGI series, Hasbro's G.I.Joe Marketing Director explained, "[W]e're still in discussions with the networks. Right now, our focus is on the movie and making that a big success."

Is there a new Joe CGI series in the works or are the pics to be posted here later just from the upcoming the Spy Troops movie?

screams grabs chest and falls down.

The preview was of the movie. Which I am sorry I wasn't more clear on. The movie is a new cartoon and a regular series was talked about. I misunderstood the other day about the regular series being a definate go. However if the movie does well I would say the chance are quit good that would be the next step. Again I apologize for the miscommunication though.