GI JOE PACKAGES

DANCUCKOO

How are the new figures going to ship? Are they ever going back to the black packaging with Duke/Commander on it or are they going to stay with the stupis spy troop packaging?

OR will they start releasing all figures on single cards with cds?

Dan,

The CD are supposed to be some wierd "treat" for kids I guess. The CD has some GI Joe episodes and games on it, I hear. Maybe if we're lucky, army builders will come with these CDs someday, so we don't have to have two dozen Flints or Spy Troopers laying around.

As for the packaging, I can't guarantee it'll stay (hasbro's ass-fickle) but for now, it looks like that's the standard. It's not too bad really, the green is sort of dark and the picture is cool (Duke, Scarlet, HD, T-Rat and Snake eyes)

Tom

The packaging is nice save for the logo.

And I wouldnt get too attatched to it. Hasbro seems to think the kids have pretty short attention spans so in about a year I expect another packaging overhaul. The original JvC package didnt last more than a year.

Even the RAH reissues didn't stick to one uniform package, if you remember. We had the different colored camo for the TRU exclusives, then the Dragonfly/explosion of RAHC... Either kids are really picky with what their boxes look like, or Hasbro panics way too easily :lol:

Tom

when wave 5 first hit, i really dug the packaging mainly because they were alot easier to spot when put next to the old packaging, but once the new figs come out it might make things a tad more difficult.

I like it a lot better then the 1st Joe vs. Cobra packaging. That packaging just blended in with everything else.

This new packaging jumps right out and gets your attention...which I believe is the job of marketing :wink:

In my opinion, changing the logo is like spitting on everything that the Real American Hero line stands for and what they have accomplished. They're two different brands. NO need to put them together.

NO need to put them together.

I hear you bro, but Hasbro thinks that by making everything green people would buy everything labeled under the g.i.joe logo. WRONG!!!!!!! and as far as I understand it wasn't necesarily a decision made by the creative team, but the suits "up there" were the ones that decided to go for a unification. We'll just have to wait, hopefully one day they'll change their mind and bring back the logo that belongs to this line, not that outdated looking soldier on red letters.

the new logo is horrible but the figs are what matter more to me.

I agree on that Nas, but you gotta understand that Hasbro's idea is to label every single figure with the current logo, and simply that friggin' sucks!!!! not to mention that thing on the new cool looking tank. I know, we can just scrape, remove or replace it. But c'mon!!!!! we are talking about a line that pretty much started the whole retro trend that we see out there, and I'm afraid some of them are doing a better job(He-man, turtles) Hasbro should be ashamed of themselves.

Keep in mind that the new green packaging is accompanying the 'spytroops' gimmick.I think that once they run the course with these spytroop features,then the packaging will change once again.Since we know that Wave 6 and 7 are Spytroops...and potentially Wave 8...I don't see the Spytroops packaging lasting past a potential Wave 10,when the gimmick runs its course.