Josh Blaylock SPEAKS YOU LISTEN

Tom-1

For those of you who don't know, Josh Blaylock had a chat session with GI Joe fans a few days ago... Awful kind of him. I just checked out the transcript (since I didn't care to be there) and god... I laughed my heart out. Just some bits and pieces worth sharing:

Josh Blaylock Chat Transcript

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Digger for pulling this together!

[sat Mar 08 13:11:44 PST 2003] DUSTIN: OMG! LOL.

I knew we were off to a rocky start when I read this :wink:

<Babel(aka DuoScythe)> have you read my story yet, Josh? The Baroness Story.

Anyone remember the Baroness Story? :lol:

<Babel(aka DuoScythe)> What made you want to take on GIJoe?

<Babel(aka DuoScythe)> ...as a comic that is

<Josh Blaylock> Besides being a super huge "geek" for the property

<Josh Blaylock> ...

<Babel(aka DuoScythe)> lol

[sat Mar 08 13:15:28 PST 2003] Falcon: The new figures suck

<DUSTIN> Ok, who do you like more, Josh, Headman or Cesspool?

<Josh Blaylock> Wow... that's a hard one

<DUSTIN> BE HONEST!

<Josh Blaylock> You know, I have to admit, you picked the ONE character I know next to nothing about... yup, I said it... I don't know

very much about Cesspool

<Josh Blaylock> But..

<DUSTIN> He like to pollute and he had white hair.

<Josh Blaylock> Firefly gonna lay the smack down on all y'all

Two years and fives months too late to be using smack down refs, Josh. :evil:

<JayC> Well I am over 18 but back in the day it was GIJoe and Transformer that got me into collecting them

Look who's here!

<DUSTIN> Like G.I.Joe Extreme?

<Firefly> oops sorry

<Josh Blaylock> The Iron Klaw lives!

<BigBadBull> lol

<Josh Blaylock> or was it just Claw?

You big geek, you. :roll:

Tom

Nefermind, I finds it! 3817-awesome.gif

<DUSTIN> Josh, you've probably been asked this over and over before, but did you have to get special permission from Hasbro to

create the new characters?

<Josh Blaylock> I don't see a Kathy

<Firefly> Kepulver

<Firefly> Kathy is her first name

<Digger> People, please stick to the Question System we have set up. Double-click Firefly's name and let him know that you have a

question, then wait your turn, Firefly will let you know

<Dazzyl> *raises hand to make a comment/ask a question and walks to the end of the line*

<Scarlett Hauser> lol!

<DUSTIN> I double clicked his name, but it said he left the chat.

<DUSTIN> He left me just like my daddy.

LOL.

They edited the rest. :roll:

AND OMG! YOU GUYS GOTTA CHECK THIS OUT!

http://pub79.ezboard.com/fgettingsavagefrm...icID=1264.topic

Read down past the transcript! :o

Well, I dont know why the EZ Board forum was disabled, I only provided speculation. I don't know for sure.

As far as Dustin and his trouble aliases... I got an IP from Neo-Trace, and let me assure you... there are people who did NOT take kindly to the things he said. And they are not as level-headed as I tried to be. Let's just say that certain words he said, pissed off a friend of mine who fits the ethnicity of the "stereotypical racial slur" that he used. And he's assured me that Dustin will be dealt with.

I've never seen a celebrity chat where the celebrity guest actually asked for two people to be removed. Nor have I seen one where a select few number of people could ruin the fun of others. I'd like to apologize to the folks who came out, and had their evening ruined by these malcontents. Trust me, I'm just as angry as some of you are.

Have a great evening, and we'll get the transcript up soon.

DEATH THREATS! 3817-laugh.gif

You made fun of me...grrrrrrr.  I'm DuoScythe aka Babel.  grrrrrrrr!!!

Yes, you said it here and in the chat. What's your point, Babel?

Oh, and if I 'make fun of you' you'll know it.

Tom

Well, I dont know why the EZ Board forum was disabled, I only provided speculation. I don't know for sure.

As far as Dustin and his trouble aliases... I got an IP from Neo-Trace, and let me assure you... there are people who did NOT take kindly to the things he said. And they are not as level-headed as I tried to be. Let's just say that certain words he said, pissed off a friend of mine who fits the ethnicity of the "stereotypical racial slur" that he used. And he's assured me that Dustin will be dealt with.

I've never seen a celebrity chat where the celebrity guest actually asked for two people to be removed. Nor have I seen one where a select few number of people could ruin the fun of others. I'd like to apologize to the folks who came out, and had their evening ruined by these malcontents. Trust me, I'm just as angry as some of you are.

Have a great evening, and we'll get the transcript up soon.

DEATH THREATS! 3817-laugh.gif

You know, I just read that thread...here's something interesting that Firefly said:

He's some little jackass from the ADC boards- and you know how most of them are- anti-Devil's Due elitist snobs. Not all of them- but most of them.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I have half a mind to join those boards and let him know how I feel. I don't know exactly what Dustin said to piss him off so bad, but that's pretty low to slam "most of us" for something one member did. Quite frankly, if I were you Jay, I'd have a talk with him. That's not good for your website's reputation and it's not cool that he's saying crap like that about the rest of us.

He's some little jackass from the ADC boards- and you know how most of them are- anti-Devil's Due elitist snobs. Not all of them- but most of them.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? I have half a mind to join those boards and let him know how I feel. I don't know exactly what Dustin said to piss him off so bad, but that's pretty low to slam "most of us" for something one member did. Quite frankly, if I were you Jay, I'd have a talk with him. That's not good for your website's reputation and it's not cool that he's saying crap like that about the rest of us.

Yeah, that pissed me off a little too.. I have never even been over to post on any of those other boards,, I have read stuff, but never posted... So how do they know that we don't like them?? :lol: I think he is just jealous because he is a mod of a really lame site. :lol:

Is that the same Firefly that posts here sometimes?

I don't think so, but possibly.. Our Firefly has been here a long time, and I don't remember him dissing any of us. :-?

I don't think so, but possibly.. Our Firefly has been here a long time, and I don't remember him dissing any of us. :-?

No, that Firefly on the other board is known as Master Thespian here.

Tom

No, that Firefly on the other board is known as Master Thespian here.

Tom

WRONG. Master Thespian here is MasterThespian4Shizzle there. And Master Thespian on Devil's Due. And Brian Giles everywhere else. Firefly/Fyrefly is the guy I work with that *writes* the Ultimate GI Joe comic. I draw it. Two seperate guys. Two seperate opinions.

BUT. I was HIGHLY offended by Dustin's comments. There's a difference between bandying about regular curse words, and highly charged racial slurs (the one in particular Dustin used frequently I'm sure in his opinion *I* fit into perfectly). Firefly wasn't referring to dealing with him with a death threat. He is trying to find the best time and place to showcase the uneditted part of what Dustin said. And trust me, you all will find it hard to stand by him following his comments.

Ok I am going to state a few things and then I am locking this thread down.

First off Dustin, you were out of line. You delibertly tried to be annoying and disruptive. IMO that was not cool and something that none of you should be defending. I don't care if you like or dislike Josh, the new comic or any of those other boards. Dustins behavior was totally uncalled for.

Also it must have been after I left cause I dint see it but if you started spouting racial slurs that makes it even worse.

However that being said the way the moderators handled the situation was totally unprofessional and handled very badly. They should have warned you and then simply knocked you off if you kept up. The use of profanity and the total chaos that ensued at the end for an event where quit possibly young children could have been in attendence was terrible and just as offensive. Basically I am refering to the profanity and name calling used by the mods. 99% of the time when you hold a lrge public event like that your going to have trouble makes and people who get out of hand (its sad but true). If you aren't prepared for things like that and can't handle things better then you should pass on doing things like that.

Also since I don't have any control of people who frequent this board once they go else where, Hell I can barely keep some of you in line when you are here, for them to try an associate that behavior with this site is also unprofessional. Tring to say this board is where the anti-gijoe or DD or whatever they try and say i rediculous. ADC probably does more to promote the new comic, toy and GIJoe in general than any other site.

I can't help that some of you dont like the new stuff. I don't usually agree with you but you have that right to feel that way, so tring to lable the board as anti-joe is absured. There are just as many that like the new stuff. Negative opnions just usually have a habit of being heard more. It like when you would bring your report card home and have 3 A's and one D or F. It was always that one bad grade that seemed to stick out the most.

Anyway, to sum up Dustin there is no doubt you were out of line, but that doesnt excuss how they handled it and frankly I don't care what they say about this board. I don't want you all tring to start some grudge match between ADC and anyone else. If they want to try it, let them but it will be one sided. I wont tolerate bashing of others or other boards here.