What Character Would You Like Art Ayslum To Make Next?

JayC

If you could pick the next Star Trek character that you would like to see Art Ayslum make into a Action-figure, who would it be?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you could pick the next Star Trek character that you would like to see Art Ayslum make into a Action-figure, who would it be?

• Captain Ben Sisko: Deep Space 9 (in First Contact Uniform)
    • 7 of 9: Voyager (silver outfit)
    • Captain Katherine Janeway: Voyager
    • Constable Odo: Deep Space 9
    • Lt. Commander Worf: Next Generation (First Contact Uniform)
    • Borg Queen: (First Contact)
    • Mugato: The Orginal Series
    • Orion Slave Girl: The Orginal Series
    • Jem'Hadar: Deep Space 9

Hi,

Interesting  on the way the poll is running. A wide variety.  

-Tim

www.artasylum.com

Welcome to ADC Picard. As for the wide variety, well there is a reason for that ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck I really want to see the entire regular cast of Deep Space Nine made including all the lesser charactes like Nog, Rom, Leeta, Cassidy Yates, Morn, Keiko, The Grand Nagus, Dukat, Damar, Wyeun, the female shape shifter, and the list goes on. How cool would that line of figures be?
How cool would it be? Ask Playmates how cool. I think it was their heavy reliance on all the "lesser characters" and their insistance of ignoring major players that caused them to lose their license to Star Trek

Hi,

Noticed a post on the Art Asylum forum about the poll and wanted to check it out.  

I am Picard, the AA Moderator. Interesting  on the way the poll is running. A wide variety.  

-Tim

www.artasylum.com

Yup Tim, that would be me who posted that thread. Although on AA's forum I'm Picard81, not Optimus81. :D

Thanks for noticing! Let's get the word out and support this thread!

Here's another Art Asylum board member to reply to this poll. Anyone else who's here from the AA message board knows that I think it's a mistake that AA is releasing their Trek toys in chrononlogical order. If AA were to keep this up (which they probably will), it wouldn't make much sense for them to make say, Capt. Sisko, when they won't be making the rest of the DS9 crew for some time to come. The real question should be what line do you want to see made next. My answer to that would be DS9 or Voyager. It doesn't matter which since Playmates didn't give us much from those series.

However, if AA wants us to stick to the poll provided, I would have to say "other," and that "other" would be Lt. Arex - the best character in all of Star Trek.

^*^

Well if you think about it, Playmates released stuff in the same way at first. They started with Next Gen which was the current series at the time. Then did DS9 then a limited edition box set for TOS then Voyager and later started mixing things up.

Art Ayslum has esentially done the same. They started with figures based on the current series, Enterprise. Then did some figures on the current movie now have moved to TOS. Who knows, maybe they are just going to bypass DS9 and Voyager and go straight to mixing things up???

If so we must have Sisko win the poll :)-

The one character I would definitely go for is a red shirt. Perhaps with an extra head for variety. Course a head pack would probably work just as well. There wasn't any from Playmate's series and I can only imagine how cool AA would be able to create these guys.

I'd have to go with a classic Klingon (Kor or Koloth) or the female Romulan Commander (Mainly since if a figure is done of a Mark Leonard character, it should be Sarek).

Since Art Asylum has most of the shows listed on their site (except Voyager), I'd imagine they'll be releasing the main characters in waves, like Enterprise last year and Classic later this year.

Since Art Asylum has most of the shows listed on their site (except Voyager), I'd imagine they'll be releasing the main characters in waves, like Enterprise last year and Classic later this year.

Just so you guys know, the exclusion of Voyager on the Star Trek page at artasylum.com was a mistake on their part. They will make Voyager...eventually.

i wouldnt mind getting a Tom Riker figure (yellow uniform so he doesnt look the same as will).  Although for now i have to pick cap'n sisko

Ya that would be great I would buy a tom riker!!!!!!!!

Picard, can you tell us what other projects are in the works besides DS9 and Voyager?

Ya what he said!

The Gorn! With a really good sculpt and decent articulation, I think he could be the best Trek fig ever. He's definitely one of my favorite Playmates figures.

A Q(in Starfleet uniform) would be cool too, I'm really surprised nobody's mentioned him once in this thread.

And Shatner, we're already getting 3 Kirk figures in the upcoming line: one in normal uniformwith command chair, one in casual dress, and one from the Mirror, Mirror episode. Though there are of course other versions that would be cool(especially red/white movie uniform), I'd rather see some new characters before a 4th Kirk.

I'm new to the posting on americandreamcomics. I have gone though all the postings for "What Character Would You Like Art Ayslum To Make Next?" and noticed alot of poeple asking for Secondary Characters to be made. I don't really agree. I think that the principle characters should be looking into first. But don't get me wrong, I would like to see scondary characters like the Gorn, the Mugato, Tholians and maybe the Talosians and Captain Pike from the original pilot episode. But I don't think that should be the Next. The Next Figures that I would like to see are more of the TNG characters from Nemesis. Maybe Worf and Riker.

Although I think ArtAsylum has made a great job on designing the Star Trek Action Figures and I would purchase any that come out.

Welcome, Odysious! In response to, well, your response...

Personally, I agree with you that, if anything, main characters should be made primarily. However, the reason I posted secondary characters is because I also keep up on what's going on at Art Asylum, and I know that all the main characters WILL eventually be made. The secondary characters, however, may not be made, because Star Trek is at a low point right now in terms of popularity, and this affects AA's creation process, as they have stated. That's why I voted for a secondary character- because if the results of this poll are an indication to AA of an internet exclusive figure (or whatever) to be made, I'd want it to be a secondary character to go with the primary characters being made.