Wave 8 Information - Unconfirmed!

Outsiders

Yes Yes!Give us Faceplate Cobra Commander!I have an itching feeling though that this Wave 8....though it is unconfirmed,would consist predominately of new molds...in my eyes,Duke is most likely to be a repaint of the recent O-Ring version.Possibly Gung-Ho and Heavy Duty will now feature O-Rings as well.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Heavy Water" is a scientific term. It refers to a specific type of water that has one extra nuetron per molocule and is used to cool and slow down a Nuclear reaction in a Nuclear power plant.

LOL Is that supposed to make it better somehow? :lol:

Tom

i really hope that gung ho and HD are new molds. and gung ho had better be sporting his kickin rad chest tattoo or he just aint gung ho. :evil: and heavy duty, well i dont really care for him too much. the only heavy hittin guy even closly related to heavy duty that i was close to was ol' roadblock. but i just might get him for the heck of it (only he has an o-ring)

Holy crap!!! I love that guy!! Dirk Benedict!!! ^_^ He was Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica as well as Face on the A-team... those shows rule! :)- Apparently he had cancer, but then got cured and wrote a book...? :-? LOL. Yeah, all that was slightly off topic, but last week the sci-fi channel was showing Battlestar Galactica all afternoon... it was awesome... ;)

Yeah, a week of Battlestar: Galactica. That was great, wasn't it? Anyhoo, I too thought Heavy Water was a stupid name when I read it. What do you suppose his specialty's going to be, anyway? Will it involve not crying like a Mary when everyone on the battlefield is making fun of his stupid name? I'm also figuring that Gung Ho and Heavy Duty will be new sculpts.

Conquest of Cobra Mountain - isn't that the name of one of the lame-o KayBee mini-Joe set thingies? Just doesn't sound like much of a 'base'. Sounds more like a movie or a board game. :P

Faces, hopefully will be Chuckles or a close faxcimilation. Pit Viper.. do the joes have their own Vipers now that hang around the Pit? Are these the captured cobras that have been turned into indentured servents, or does Cobra have an elite team thats sole duty is to attack the Joe base and lose time and time again.

As for Wave 7. SWAT with k-9. Think it might be Shockwave with ... Order? :)- Or maybe Law gave up life as an MP.

I'm guessing the CC is a Battle Helmet version. Whether the rest of his body is new, is anyones guess. Gung Ho better be a resculpt. Heavy Duty should be too. His mold would kind of be hard to oring with his lower legs having a slight tilght to one side. I do think Duke will just be a repaint with Neo Viper disguise. Heavy water better be one sweet figure with a name like that.

Draven

awwwwwww no man why do they have to keep on draging wave 1 back in to it like gunho

Like I mentioned eariler, it looks like Hasbro is making what I call "Apology" figures (New O-Ring figures of characters from the disasterous Wave 1) We've gotten Snake-Eyes, Duke, Cobra Commander (Okay, so he's technically a re-tool) And we've seen a prototype of Destro, plus what could be concept art for Stormy. So there's reason to hope for new versions. Of course who can second guess Hasbro these days?

Im certain CC will probably be the w3. Hasbro blew the money on modifying the mold, and by God theyre gonna get their moneys worth out of it! A new head will be nice but we all know Hasbro is too cheap to even paint the vehicle drivers right. If they can actually put for the time money and effort to make a new head, itd be a miracle. He'll probably come with his Crap Attack staff

and duke i am sick of him

I hear ya but unfortunately Hasbro has the idea that people actually LIKE Duke, and main/popular characters ALWAYS get the multpile figure treatment

and some1 post a pic of faces?

some1? Oh... Well at any rate you have to undestand, at this point the list is unconfirmed. We might not get any of these guys.

by that feces comment i meant zartan must be fighting himself cause his mold sucks!

I hope we see gung-ho's tattoe!

I've been thinking that playset is really a boardgame too, or a set of micro machines.

by that feces comment i meant zartan must be fighting himself cause his mold sucks.

Personally I like the costme DESIGN (At least when you combine the w2 chest and arms with the w3 head, hood, hands and Pants) but yeah, that was an exceptionally bad way to implement the design

My zartan is messed around with two but i liked the brown and open chest with brown cowl, v1 arms v2 hands and black painted pants (nok symbol on belt) and v1 boots.

Hasbro, could you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a GOOD Zartan mold???

In 19 years, we've had ONE good Zartan mold.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad . . . .

Like everyone else said...I really hope for a new Cobra Commander with the face shield. :) It would take a really great looking figure for me to buy one of those ugly green packages. :-?

Hey Count marzo...have you seen the new packaging in stores yet? [dumb question..im sure you have] I hated it at first but after seeing it i dontthink its all that bad. Its smaller but is still pretty good, and i think it gives a little better view of the figures inside. of course, i didnt leave mine in package this time like usual---Ive busted loose and started opening my JVC figures, but ither way, i think the package isnt too bad.

so let me get this straight...

they will supposively put 2 vipers in one wave? have they done that before?

also, how many of those figures are brand new?

Heavy water

pit viper

faces...who else?

if they arent new, then they sure arent at yojoe.com

First off, since protos of Lady Jaye have been seen, but no Lady Jaye figure has yet been announced, Faces may not be a new character.

Second, save for that Shitty doughboy head logo, I think the new packges are fine. Theres actually individual character art up front (Albiet unimpressive) And with the conflict being illustrated on the back, that means no "Grudge match" BS on the cards. Just change the logo back and the packages will be a-ok with me