Marvel Legend pics are up

JayC

The Daredevil that will actually be included is the new comic DD version.

By that, do you mean the new Spider-Man line DD??

If so, than that set is SOOOO mine!!

Gambit looks fantastic!!! Can't wait!!!

Beast is pretty awful IMO, Goliath is . . . Goliath.

Elektra and Punisher are about what I expected, and Silver Surfer looks pretty darn good too. It seems a little bit off . . . kinda like the Human Torch did, but a great figure nonetheless!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the Rogue, which I originally thought was some under-articulated recycle piece, looking closer, seems to be all new, with at least as much articulation as Elektra... so, as she doesn't seem to be offered seperately, I WANT THAT SET!

I'll second that. If that's a Legends caliber Rogue, I'm all over that box set. I haven't even seen Magneto in stores, but I was going to get him. I do have Wolverine, but one of my friends might buy him off me. As for the bases that Gambit & Beast (and Magneto for that matter) don't really matter to me. It'd be nice if they were included in the box set, but no big loss for me. I'll just hvae to keep my Wolverine base though. :wink:

Does the box set Gambit come with the playing cards though?

I hadn't thought about the lack of bases and possibly accessories... hmmm... more info needed!

Looking at the Rogue, I'm pretty sure it's a new sculpt using the Elektra figure as a base.

Again, more info needed!

eccentrik, information and articulation junkie.

i also would like to know what's up with the unmasked wolverine? is that some kind of exclusive figure or something? :-?

He's a short packed variant in series III.

Each of the first three series has had one rare variant figure.

Series I - Gold Iron Man, had darker red and the yellow was replaced by Gold. The mask was also a different sculpt.

Series II - Doombot - A Dr. Doom variant with a robotic face where the regular has a human one. Doom makes frequent use of robotic duplicates in the comics.

Series III - Maskless Wolverine - Same as the standard, just with a different head.

No variants have yet been announced for series IV, though the box sets contain different versions of Punisher (black gloves, black boots, trenchcoat), Elektra (white costume), Gambit (coat is of a different material), and apparently Beast (no difference shown, but apparently will come with glasses and a labcoat).

I wished they could've used the movie Daredevil Legends for the boxed set.

yuck! Move Daredevil sucked in my opinion.... That version of Daredevil is much cooler..

But the best version is the new one for the Spiderman series.. You get to see him yet? Awesome!

Just some quick notes of the box sets. The Daredevil that will actually be included is the new comic DD version. Also the jacket Punisher is wearing is not the one he will come with. That was taken from a old Blade figure just for the mock-up packaging.

oohh.. then I might get the box set. I want the new Daredevil, and the punisher with a coat might be better. It depends on how good the Spiderman is, I don't care about Elektra.

JayC, anyone know a price on these??? I think they should at least be slightly cheaper than if you bought them all seperate.

here's my opinion on the Marvel Legend series 4....

Gambit: pretty good, can't really see any problems so far... I am worried about his cards though, I hope they have non-energized cards too.

Beast: Doesn't look so good to me, he seems to be put together badly and have a funky sculpt.. I don't like the extra thigh joint right off the crotch.. But I am glad that he is the original blue version, and not the crappy cat-version he is now.

Punisher: He looks pretty good to me.. But he also seems to have the strange upper thigh joints, I am not sure how those will work out. I like both versions, regular and the boxed one.

Elektra: kinda lame, I'll be passing on her

Goliath: an okay figure, but he doesn't really fit in with Marvel Legends.. He doesn't have enough detail and he won't be as big compared to them as he was compared to the older Marvel figures.

wave 5 Surfer: I like him, he looks great except for his head looks a little funny, kinda like a martian. :lol: I suppose he will be better when he is done. I'll still get him

So Gambit and Punisher are locks for me. I will get them.

the Jury is still out on Beast

and I am passing on Elektra and Goliath

and I'll also get Surfer

i must say the elektra figure looks alot more funky than i thot, but its because of th articulation. i guess this is good, since theres always marvel select for sculpt. I bet if you get elektra in some good positions tho she will look better---waitaminut. that didnt sound right....but yall know what i mean yes?!?

i like gambit too--not too shabby. but time will tell if i get these or not...

Ok here's how I feel....

Urban Legends Pack - Hell yeah, its cool but I have my gripes. Why isn't Elektra red?!

X-Men Legends Pack -

Silver Surfer - looks very early in the game to me. I just hope they make him shiney. I will get him regardless cuz he is a favorite. :)

Goliath, Ant Man, Wasp - blah, I'll pass on that.

Gambit - RULEZ! Probably my favorite from Wave 4.

Punisher - hell yeah, no doubt he will be gotten. 2nd to Gambit in wave 4.

Elektra - Not big on her but so glad she is wearing her red. I will probably end up getting her. She probably will be easy to find.

Beast - A little freaky looking...but he's an X-Man nonetheless so I will get him.

Stealth Blue Iron Man - Wish I could find the @*$@!!! :x

And even though its technically not Marvel Legends...That Morbius figure rulez!! I want it. :D

here's what I'm planning to get:

Wave 4: Punisher (looks great) and Goliath (not because he looks awesome, but I want an Avengers collection)

Both boxed sets - I really like the Daredevil. Got a question though - are those figures in the boxed sets the same size as the individual ML figs - they looked kinda small to me in the pics...

Here's my thoughts on series 4...

Gambit: Nice sculpt , especially the head but the coat looks lame , sure its practical for posing purposes but it doesnt fit with the figure. The coat on the boxed set version looks like it may be sculpted plastic? That might be the way to go for me.

Elektra: Awesome sculpt and articulation , much better IMO than the Marvel Select version and of course a hell of alot cheaper! But really how many Elektra figures do we need? Marvel Select , red ML and white ML?

Beast: He would have been better if his mouth was closed and that base doesnt look like it will stand very well unless its mounted on a wall , meh.

Silver Surfer: Nice to see they havent just rehashed a Spidey Classics body for this one, I think he should be chrome though , chrome paint must be expensive because they keep dodging this. His head does look like a martian too :lol:

Goliath: Who? I could think of alot of characters more worthy of figures than this guy.

Punisher: Niiiiiiiiice figure but whats with the head?! Who's art are they basing this figure on? Like the Elektra alot better than the MS version IMO.

Urban Legends: Looks like all repacks to me , why bother unless the Elektra is the variant and you cant find it. These things look like they dont even come with the bases :roll:

X-men Legends: Same as the Urban pack for me unless they ship the Logan Variant with it as I cant find it , same with the Magneto but Id prefere the one that came with a base. The only real drawcard for me with this pack would be the Rogue figure. I read someone on here say it was a repacked figure , anyone else vouch for this?

Not too bad overall I suppose but these arnt coming out till August?! Whats the deal?! :evil:

Both boxed sets - I really like the Daredevil. Got a question though - are those figures in the boxed sets the same size as the individual ML figs - they looked kinda small to me in the pics...

I don't think the boxed figures are any smaller than the regulars... I think they are the same, but have slight variations in color and accessories.

My decision about the box sets will be if the Gambit jacket looks better, and if the Punisher with the jacket is cooler. I kinda like getting the bases too, so if the box sets don't have them, then it will be a tough decision

Here's my thoughts on series 4...

Gambit: Nice sculpt , especially the head but the coat looks lame , sure its practical for posing purposes but it doesnt fit with the figure. The coat on the boxed set version looks like it may be sculpted plastic? That might be the way to go for me.

Elektra: Awesome sculpt and articulation , much better IMO than the Marvel Select version and of course a hell of alot cheaper! But really how many Elektra figures do we need? Marvel Select , red ML and white ML?

Beast: He would have been better if his mouth was closed and that base doesnt look like it will stand very well unless its mounted on a wall , meh.

Silver Surfer: Nice to see they havent just rehashed a Spidey Classics body for this one, I think he should be chrome though , chrome paint must be expensive because they keep dodging this. His head does look like a martian too :lol:

Goliath: Who? I could think of alot of characters more worthy of figures than this guy.

Punisher: Niiiiiiiiice figure but whats with the head?! Who's art are they basing this figure on? Like the Elektra alot better than the MS version IMO.

Urban Legends: Looks like all repacks to me , why bother unless the Elektra is the variant and you cant find it. These things look like they dont even come with the bases :roll:

X-men Legends: Same as the Urban pack for me unless they ship the Logan Variant with it as I cant find it , same with the Magneto but Id prefere the one that came with a base. The only real drawcard for me with this pack would be the Rogue figure. I read someone on here say it was a repacked figure , anyone else vouch for this?

Not too bad overall I suppose but these arnt coming out till August?! Whats the deal?! :evil:

About Rogue: that was probably me, in one of my early comments on the figure. I've since changed my tune though, and other sources have indicated otherwise as well. It's an all new figure... sorta. It looks like they used the Elektra as a base figure, and resculpted from there. It is apparently exclusive to the set.

Gambit's coat in the set appears to me to be a vinyl or pleather, not hard plastic.

Elektra - I may be wrong, but I'm almost certain that it's the same sculpt as the Select figure, just scaled down with articulation added.

Beast - If I get the pack (which I'll do if the cost isn't prohibitive, most likely), then I'll get him. If not... he'll be a low priority.

Silver Surfer - The reason not to do chrome? The stuff chips easily. Sure, it'd look great in the package, and for the first month out of the package, but every time you repositioned him, you'd be scraping some off. Every time he got knocked over, there'd be some gone.

Goliath - He's one of the original Avengers, that's who, though he went by Giant Man then. This figure completes (with it's pack in Ant Man and Wasp) the Avengers 1 lineup (Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Ant Man, Wasp), plus the sixth Avenger, Captain America. Now to do the second batch: Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and Hawkeye.

Punisher - I don't think any of the Legends are based on any specific artist's style, except the sculptor's. (With the exception of the Hulk: the face was modeled after the painted image used as the cover for the old Hulk video game). I certainly would love to see figures modeled after specific artists styles (I plan on getting the Humberto Ramos styled Green Goblin and Spidey from the Spider-Man line... and I'm not even a big fan of Ramos... though I did enjoy that arc on Peter Parker, which is where the GG design comes from), but I think the focus for Legends is just to capture the general feel of the character, without worrying too much about who's take it looks like. As I pointed out elsewhere, this Punisher is a bit of an odd hybrid: retro colour scheme, but with modern details like straps on his boots, pants that aren't skin tight (and actually have pockets), knee pads, etc. Never been a big fan of the Punisher idea... but I've always loved the visual.

Urban Legends: Yeah, it's all repacks, though both the Punisher and the Elektra are variants, and the Spider-Man and Daredevil come from the Spider-Man line (though as DD will be the Silver Surfer based one, he's a Marvel Legends figure anyway...). The Elektra, as noted, clearly has a different colour costume. The Punisher, if you look close, has black gloves and boots (as he does in current appearances), and will have a coat (though not the one in the picture, which apparently belongs to Blade, who might want it back). He also seems to be carrying a shotgun, which might be a set exclusive, as it doesn't appear in any of the pics of the solo figure.

X-Men Legends: Apparently the Wolverine and Magneto will be the standard versions, but Beast will have glasses and a lab coat, Gambit gets a higher quality coat, and Rogue is an exclusive to the set.

Me, what I want to know, is the price of the sets, and whether any of the bases and accessories are included.

I just want to know if the box set figures are made different on purpose, or if these are just early versions of unfinished products....

Like the Urban Legends DD is the one from the Spidey Classics line, But JayC noted that it will be the new version (retooled Surfer), not that one.

So I am wondering if the differences are just coincidence, or if that will be done that way on purpose... Then I will make my decision on what manner is the best way to acquire the figures I want, Box Sets or Individual packs

The Punisher is based off the likes of Mike Zeck and the mini-series which started out the Punisher comics...

That series was one of the first to use the teeth of the skull as part of the costume like Frank held clips and stuff in it...

bignothinghc.gif

pun1splash.gif

The Punisher is based off the likes of Mike Zeck and the mini-series which started out the Punisher comics...

That series was one of the first to use the teeth of the skull as part of the costume like Frank held clips and stuff in it...

John Romita's sketches for the character design (he was the head of the art department at Marvel at the time, got to design all sorts of stuff, including the original Punisher look, the original Wolverine look, and the Transformers, even) had the teeth as an ammo belt as well.

I just want to know if the box set figures are made different on purpose, or if these are just early versions of unfinished products....  

Like the Urban Legends DD is the one from the Spidey Classics line, But JayC noted that it will be the new version (retooled Surfer), not that one.

So I am wondering if the differences are just coincidence, or if that will be done that way on purpose... Then I will make my decision on what manner is the best way to acquire the figures I want, Box Sets or Individual packs

I think they're different on purpose. The explanation for the temp Daredevil is most likely they only had one prototype complete for the new one (look closely and you can see silver showing through in some places, it's a hand-painted prototype...).

Similarly, Punisher will have a coat, but they didn't have his own ready, so they gave him Blade's. I expect he'll still have the black gloves and boots in the final version, but his own custom coat (hopefully with places to store his weapons).

The Elektra, well, it's hard to imagine that big a change NOT being on purpose.

Another question to ask, though, is: Is the Spidey a placeholder as well? Which version of Spidey do they plan to include in the final, that one, or a different one?

Info... need info... starving for info...

Similarly, Punisher will have a coat, but they didn't have his own ready, so they gave him Blade's. I expect he'll still have the black gloves and boots in the final version, but his own custom coat (hopefully with places to store his weapons).

I agree, I hope they give him some places to hold his weapons... That is one of my favorite features on any action figure, places where they can store their weapons. That is one thing I really love about MOTU, they all seem to be able to put their weapons on their backs. Cool..

TTT Legolas has the best weapon storage I have seen in a long time, its awesome

I agree, I hope they give him some places to hold his weapons... That is one of my favorite features on any action figure, places where they can store their weapons. That is one thing I really love about MOTU, they all seem to be able to put their weapons on their backs. Cool..

TTT Legolas has the best weapon storage I have seen in a long time, its awesome

Actually it is really hard to fit some of the MOTU figures weapons were they are suppossed to go, but it is cool that they at least tried.