A suggestion to JayC. (WORTH READING!)

AnotherIdiotInBlack

Who Agrees?  

1. 1. Who Agrees?

• Yeh!!
    • Neh!!

JayC,

There are many problems with the forum and the way it's being run. You hardly have time to even look at the boards, much less do things with it.

So I was wondering if you should start looking for a second in command.. Someone who has almost the same admin abilities you do but is there to help others when you're unable to...

Am I nomenating myself? Heck no! I ain't that vain! Just saying when you have too much to handle, it's time to get another to help you. :)

what I am thinking is where does somebody who has been here for 9 days get off telling the webmaster how to run his website? :roll:

If you are an old member, why the new name?

and if you are a newbie, act like it.

Obviously JayC does a fine job and so do the mods most of the time. This site only continues to grow in popularity, so I'd say he is doing good.

My question is:How do you know JayC doesn't have the time? Just because he doesn't have alot of posts doesn't mean squat. I'm sure this is why we have mods.

Because more then one mod has told me and by the replies HERE... On this board, that are from him.. something tells me he can't even glance at this forum. Mods are people who keep the peace but they don't have any real admin abilities. (Except for locking boards.)

We need someone who can look at this suggestion board and actually have time to say either, "Ok, I'll consider this idea." or "You're out of your flippin' mind."

Either way... I'm still waiting JayC!

You guys better watch out, he's the thing that lives under your bed! 3817-laugh.gif

Making fun of my sig eh?... Ha! Hasn't been the first time but I ain't mad at you for that.. I'm ticked off because you called me "he"!!!!!!!!!!! I am a SHE! Learn to read a profile! :evil:

*points you to look at her name in her website address then walks off grumbling* :x :lol:

My question is:How do you know JayC doesn't have the time? Just because he doesn't have alot of posts doesn't mean squat. I'm sure this is why we have mods.

Because more then one mod has told me and by the replies HERE... On this board, that are from him.. something tells me he can't even glance at this forum. Mods are people who keep the peace but they don't have any real admin abilities. (Except for locking boards.)

We need someone who can look at this suggestion board and actually have time to say either, "Ok, I'll consider this idea." or "You're out of your flippin' mind."

You guys better watch out, he's the thing that lives under your bed! 3817-laugh.gif

Making fun of my sig eh?... Ha! Hasn't been the first time but I ain't mad at you for that.. I'm ticked off because you called me "he"!!!!!!!!!!! I am a SHE! Learn to read a profile! :evil:

*points you to look at her name in her website address then walks off grumbling* :x :lol:

well, another idioit in black,,,, in light of recent events, you may have a good point here.. On rare occasions, JayC is too busy to look after the boards. However, most of the time, he is quite capable of taking care of them, and keeping people in line.. We don't usually have this big of a problem :lol:

Your idea of a "second in command" or more mod abilities could prove to be useful in someways....

However, I don't see how it could help this situation either... Everyboard has a mod who can lock, edit, and delete posts... the only other power that someone would need is the power to ban members, and I think only JayC should have that ability...

What the board might possibly need is more mods.. seriously, there are only 2 or 3 that regularly come on and have access to most of the forums. that is why it sometimes is too difficult for them to do their jobs, there is just too much board for them to look after...

But as for a second in comand, I don't think it would work.. This site is JayC's baby, and I am sure that he wants to make all administrative decisions on his own.. and he deserves to.... If there were more mods, this place would be cleaner, and run smoother.

Your idea did have some merrit, and I would like to appologize for acting like a jerk and shooting you down so quickly..

the problem is you have 4 things going against you:

1. You're screen name,its just screams "don't listen to me, Im an idiot"

2. You're from Canada :lol: , and as you can see, Canadian members don't have such a good track record

3. You're a girl :o , jk

4. you're a newbie, and unfortunately, it takes some time before people actually take newbies seriously.. Were like a family, and we just don't let anybody come in and try to get loud... understand

but with that said,,, and again, I am sorry....... Welcome

I agree we need more mods.. I mean there's pretty much only two that visit every day now, because others have lives. and they dont mod the forums that need modding the most.

i think jay should make morbo and nas mods of the GD area, that should fix things up. cuz they'd like to fix things from time to time, but can't.

also Idiot.. (no insult intended) dont mind clam.. ;) He thinks just cuz he doesn't care about newbies, the rest of the site doesnt @-@ Come in the transformers board. Were all nice there!

I thought there were two webmasters.. maybe jay just has two users.. one is JayC, and the other as adcbb. not sure though

My question is:How do you know JayC doesn't have the time? Just because he doesn't have a lot of posts doesn't mean squat. I'm sure this is why we have mods.

well, another idiot in black,,,, in light of recent events, you may have a good point here.. On rare occasions, JayC is too busy to look after the boards. However, most of the time, he is quite capable of taking care of them, and keeping people in line.. We don't usually have this big of a problem :lol:

Your idea of a "second in command" or more mod abilities could prove to be useful in some ways....

However, I don't see how it could help this situation either... Every board has a mod who can lock, edit, and delete posts... the only other power that someone would need is the power to ban members, and I think only JayC should have that ability...

What the board might possibly need is more mods.. seriously, there are only 2 or 3 that regularly come on and have access to most of the forums. that is why it sometimes is too difficult for them to do their jobs, there is just too much board for them to look after...

But as for a second in command, I don't think it would work.. This site is JayC's baby, and I am sure that he wants to make all administrative decisions on his own.. and he deserves to.... If there were more mods, this place would be cleaner, and run smoother.

Your idea did have some merit, and I would like to apologize for acting like a jerk and shooting you down so quickly..

the problem is you have 4 things going against you:

1. You're screen name,its just screams "don't listen to me, Im an idiot"

2. You're from Canada :lol: , and as you can see, Canadian members don't have such a good track record

3. You're a girl :o , jk

4. you're a newbie, and unfortunately, it takes some time before people actually take newbies seriously.. Were like a family, and we just don't let anybody come in and try to get loud... understand

but with that said,,, and again, I am sorry....... Welcome

I never believe in the rule that all newbies should be treated like crap just to be accepted in a online society. Not all newbies are flooders and type like an idiot as well.

Oh isn't that just great... the idiotic Americans stereotype of Canadians.. Pitiful. Listen, it shouldn't matter where the hell I come from or what culture I'm in, I should be at least given a fair chance. And you know I'm right about that! @-@

You're lucky that girl comment was just a joke.. it seriously angers me when people are sexist.

My name is a nickname. People have called me an idiot all my life and because I wore Black almost 24/7, they started to refer to me as "The Idiot in Black." Mainly it was because I could out smart them and trap them in a corner, so to speak, so all they had were pathetic insults to throw at me.

That and I never really cared about fallowing rules I found idiotic. Most of them were stupid society rules. Some people in my high school actually believe in this quote from Dragon Heart 2: "Now lower your eyes. Peasants, should never meet the gaze of their betters."

I also have a bit of a stuttering problem. It's not a disorder, but I'm so used to being quiet and observant, that I tend to screw up the most simplest of words when talking.

The whole "AnotherIdiotInBack" was made because I wasn't the only "idiot" in school that got straight A's, even when I handed things in 3 weeks late. (Never had a passion for homework.)

Your 4th reason makes me laugh. First of all, this isn't a wolf pack. I am not the Omega nor the scape goat. Many of my peers would disagree but I have a good head on my shoulders. My grades prove it and many teachers I've worked with may not like how I'm late, but are very impressed with the work I hand in.

Again, I state, not all newbies are complete idiots. Many are because.. well.. look at their schools test scores. :P But did it ever strike any of you that maybe there are a handful exceptional to the rule? Didn't think so.

Last point I'd like to say is, If I'm an idiot, then why do I put up such a good argument?

Even though you contradicted your apology on -many- levels, I accept it anyway. :)

I agree we need more mods.. I mean there's pretty much only two that visit every day now, because others have lives. and they don't mod the forums that need modding the most.

i think jay should make morbo and nas mods of the GD area, that should fix things up. cuz they'd like to fix things from time to time, but can't.

also Idiot.. (no insult intended) don't mind clam.. ;) He thinks just cuz he doesn't care about newbies, the rest of the site doesn't  @-@ Come in the transformers board. Were all nice there!  

I thought there were two webmasters.. maybe jay just has two users.. one is JayC, and the other as adcbb.  not sure though

No, there's only one... But I don't think anyone is getting the idea here. I don't mean someone else to Ban or Delete members... I mean someone who can add more avatars, emoticons, update/add new boards/threads.. You know. Maintenance.

I think I'll drop by the Transformers board.. a though I hate the Anime version(s)... I like the original 1984 series, Beast Wars and Beast Machines.

And by the way, You can call me by my real name, Michelle or just A.I.I.B

:evil: :evil: My oh my.....I didn't know you were a newbie......I have never paid any attention to that thing under the avatar. :D. Therefore, everyone is the same to me.

:o:o Holy Moly......you are a girl.......looks like Ladyliquid aka the killer machine, Teelu, Deb greb, and Samus Aran, just have another new member on thier team.

===========================

Will AnotherIdiotInBlack achieve her goal????

Will the dictator JayC listen to her and grant her wish???smileyjaycb.gif

And if she fail, will she continue to fight to the very end like every women were made to be???

Stay tune for the next Xcitement of:

The Adventure of AnotherIdiotInBlack and her quest for versalities!!!

Remember:

SAME FORUM

SAME AUTHOR: REMINATOR

SAME THREAD

AND SAME XCITEMENT!!!!!

look Michelle, i think that what clam34 meant was that how can you say that the forums weren't beign mantained properly when you just got here...

or at least try to think of it that way :roll:

and don't waste your time arguing with these people, if you have an avatar you'd like to add to ur profile, just pm JayC and he'll tell ya if its ok or not...that's what some people have done....about the smilies, i personally don't think they should get modified or something, and about the threads, boards and stuff, the same thing as the avatars, just pm him and see what he thinks of ur sugestion....hope this works for ya :wink:

oh, ur very welcomed here and forget about that newbie thing...you'll feel like home in no time

look Michelle, i think that what clam34 meant was that how can you say that the forums weren't beign mantained properly when you just got here...  

or at least try to think of it that way   :roll:  

and don't waste your time arguing with these people, if you have an avatar you'd like to add to ur profile, just pm JayC and he'll tell ya if its ok or not...that's what some people have done....about the smilies, i personally don't think they should get modified or something, and about the threads, boards and stuff, the same thing as the avatars, just pm him and see what he thinks of ur sugestion....hope this works for ya   :wink:  

oh, ur very welcomed here and forget about that newbie thing...you'll feel like home in no time

Yeah, Ladyliquid is correct... that is what I meant

and she knows how stuff works here now....1000 posts alreay LadyLiquid??? good job. You're like my new little sister already :lol:

my sister is named michelle and lives in Toronto @*-

I agree with what your saying though, there's only a few people I could think of worth enough to help run the site though.. Wheel-jack, who owns the tformers.com ADC boards are actually his boards too, so he would be a great person to team up with Jay. He has certain modding powers, not sure if all of them, but im not sure if he has webmaster powers, I think he has a couple.

I think Morbo would be a good Candidate, but not sure if he would want to or not.

those are the only two I could think of. I think Wheel-jack/jacker would be perfect. He already knows what it takes to run forums and a site, but although he does have his own and not sure if he would have the time.

oh ya, dont forget michelle could have been here or years ;) how do you know? she could visit here everyday, just not post, or just be under a different user name. I've seen that happen numerous times before.

if you remember britney J simpson ;) who still comes to the boards and looks at them all the time. ony as 13b873 of something like that.

or at least try to think of it that way   :roll:  

and don't waste your time arguing with these people, if you have an avatar you'd like to add to ur profile, just pm JayC and he'll tell ya if its ok or not...that's what some people have done....about the smilies, i personally don't think they should get modified or something, and about the threads, boards and stuff, the same thing as the avatars, just pm him and see what he thinks of ur sugestion....hope this works for ya   :wink:  

Bleh. Again here comes the age thing. Listen you, I don't have to be a Cobra Officer in order to know how things have been run here. Nor do I have to be someone who's going to wait that long to give a suggestion that would not only free a lot of time for the webmaster, but also maximize the demand that the users of said boards/forum.

Again, I state I'm trying to help. So until I get an answer from JayC, this isn't over just because you think I shouldn't post on something I believe needs improvement.

oh ya, dont forget michelle could have been here or years ;) how do you know? she could visit here everyday, just not post, or just be under a different user name. I've seen that happen numerous times before.  

if you remember britney J simpson ;) who still comes to the boards and looks at them all the time. ony as 13b873 of something like that.

Obviously, this whole subject is ticking me off.. But thanks for the support C.D. Nice to know not everyone here goes by rank/number of posts.

I'm going to hit the hay before I really let this get under my skin.

Bleh. Again here comes the age thing. Listen you, I don't have to be a Cobra Officer in order to know how things have been run here. Nor do I have to be someone who's going to wait that long to give a suggestion that would not only free a lot of time for the webmaster, but also maximize the demand that the users of said boards/forum.

Again, I state I'm trying to help. So until I get an answer from JayC, this isn't over just because you think I shouldn't post on something I believe needs improvement.

Obviously, this whole subject is ticking me off.. But thanks for the support C.D. Nice to know not everyone here goes by rank/number of posts.

1. if you want to give out that helpful sugestion to JayC so bad, then pm him directly and even send him an e-mail (in case he loses the pm); that is if ur so worried about JayC's time in running the place and taking care of it :wink:

2. this doesn't have anything to do with your rank or how many posts you got...i didn't even mention them in my post 'cause i don't really care about them yet many people here give it a certain importance....and about the thing clam34 said, i was just explaining it to ya...it wasn't like i was suporting his thought or anything....you really need to chill out a little.

3. yes, CD i know that could be a posibility, but as i told Michelle in my #2, i was just explaining clam's point...

1. if you want to give out that helpful sugestion to JayC so bad, then pm him directly and even send him an e-mail (in case he loses the pm); that is if ur so worried about JayC's time in running the place and taking care of it :wink:

2. this doesn't have anything to do with your rank or how many posts you got...i didn't even mention them in my post 'cause i don't really care about them yet many people here give it a certain importance....and about the thing clam34 said, i was just explaining it to ya...it wasn't like i was suporting his thought or anything....you really need to chill out a little.

3. yes, CD i know that could be a posibility, but as i told Michelle in my #2, i was just explaining clam's point...

God you people know how to make me feel like a total ##$%$#. :evil:

I understood what he said, oh trust me, I do. But that doesn't mean I have to agree with it! :P :P :P :P

Just ignore them :) Your allowed to post anything you feel on this board. Just some people on here think they know it all, and think they own the board or something, when really its non of their business ;)

*hugs* Thanks for sticking up for me. ^_^ Nice to know there's a few -decent- members on this forum. *sticks out her tongue to the rest*

*sticks out her tongue to the rest*

:o:o I thought we were buddy after those wonderful PM......... :cry: :cry:

I guess not.....I'm receiving that mocking tongue too....

*Women, they say one thing while their heart want another thing.... :P First it was Teelu, then Ladyliquid....now AnotherIdiotInBlack*

*sticks out her tongue to the rest*

:o:o I thought we were buddy after those wonderful PM......... :cry: :cry:

I guess not.....I'm receiving that mocking tongue too....

*Women, they say one thing while their heart want another thing.... :P First it was Teelu, then Ladyliquid....now AnotherIdiotInBlack*

Did you read my post? Apparently not... :roll:

Nice to know there's a few -decent- members on this forum.

You're one of the decent ones!!!! :):D

Just ignore them :) Your allowed to post anything you feel on this board. Just some people on here think they know it all, and think they own the board or something, when really its non of their business ;)

*hugs* Thanks for sticking up for me. ^_^ Nice to know there's a few -decent- members on this forum. *sticks out her tongue to the rest*

don't ally yourself with him, or you too might become a dumbass

seriously, try to make friends with some of the members who people actually like.... Members who don't just annoy the hell out of everyone

don't ally yourself with him, or you too might become a dumbass

seriously, try to make friends with some of the members who people actually like.... Members who don't just annoy the hell out of everyone

That's the last straw clam. You can not tell me what to do no matter what! I'll be friends with who I want and you can't stop that!

Just because I'm friends with who I choose, does not mean they will affect my I.Q. level. The only one acting like a "dumbass," as you so lightly put it, is you.

Michelle seriously has a point though, This board has a LOT of problems. server problem, member problems. A few others and myself have been discusing it for months how the board juts keeps getting worse and worse. It needs a change. Maybe not another webmaster, but that was just a SUGGESTION. She wasn't saying there HAS to be another webmaster. just a suggestion. But clam, your acting like she's trying to tell the site what to do, when really she isn't.

No need for petty arguing, just because you think the board is fine. How about ya let people have their own opinions on here? @-@