New Conquest is out!

prozac

Doesn' t TRU stuff usually show up on Amazon first?

:wink: Not all the time. I found the snow cat in a tru near six flaggs Magic mountain, like almost a week before amazon had it. Remote places like that, usually have tons of stuff. I also found a week ago the tiger force set, the new optimus reissue with extra crap and the snake eyes and cobra commander 12'' figures.

too much stuff at once! guess i may miss this one.

If you want a Conquest, you shouldn't wait to pick it up. It has a smaller production run (than the Rattler) and it's an Exclusive (TRU).

All the JvC stuff is going to be EVERYWHERE nationwide. They'll be tons of Battle Blitzes, SkySweeper Jets, and Smokescreens around. Even months from now. Just like there are still NACs, HISS4s, FANG3s, and Assault Quads around.

and it's an Exclusive (TRU).

You might not be aware of this, but the Rattler is a TRU exclusive, too. So if THATS sitting around then its logical to presume the same for ANOTHER Sound Attack molested vehicle too

The Rattler has sold quite well around here and it doesn't seem to sit around at all.

and it's an Exclusive (TRU).

The Rattler is a TRU exclusive, too. So if THATS sitting around then its logical to presume the same for ANOTHER Sound Attack molested vehicle too

Yea, the Rattler was a TRU Exclusive, as is the Snowcat, Conquest, TF, and PP set (upcoming). But since there were less Snowcats and Conquests made (not sure about the theme packs), it would make more sense to get those FIRST.

JvC vehicles will be around for AT LEAST the next 6-8 months (give or take). And they'll be everywhere.

I'm not saying TRU Exclusives are gonna get sold out on day one.... but if you're gonna get it anyway (the TRU Exclusives), you might as well get them FIRST. Considering there are less made, and it's an Exclusive.

JvC stuff ain't gonna fly off the shelves. You can pick them up at your leasure.

Better safe than sorry.

Just like the action figures, I got the RAH repaints first, JvC figures second (if at all). RAH figures were more than likely short-packed, as well as army builders and marquee characters (IE. Snake-Eyes) that are the first to be sold in a case.

Priorities need to be set when your on a budget... is all I'm saying.

WHERE exactly was is said that less was made? Doesnt make sense to treat one vehicle one way then turn around and do something different for whats essentially the exact same thing.

I read it somewhere, either at the google newsgroup from DDD or on some Joe Con report or something. I'm not making it up. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. I can't remember where I read everything... lots of Joe news gets tossed around all the time. Plus this is old news from September/October 2002... quite a few months ago.

And as far as not making sense? It goes back to where I first read it. The Cobra vehicle (the Rattler) got a bigger production run, 'cause they think Joe vehicles won't sell as well. Which could be true. I'm sure more people bought more Rattlers than Night Rhinos. And the Rattler IS the Rattler. So nostalgia, plus it being a Cobra vehicle.... equals a bigger run.

And I said less than the Rattler... so if the Rattler got 50,000 made... a 45,000 run for the Conquest and/or Snowcat is still less. They didn't specify numbers. I'm just passing on the info. When they said less they could have meant 10 less than the Rattler run for all I know... :roll:

I got the Conquest all put together and since I never had it as a kid, well..... :D

-The Conquest's colors are a bit different than the back of the box. The white is now a little off-white, the gray is now dark green and the black is still black.

-The Missiles are black and not orange!

-The SA attachment is easily removed a la the Rattler. It is the same SA gun as the Rattler, so it now has a home on one of my HISS IV's.

-I have not applied the stickers yet, so I'm sure it will look better once they have been applied.

-The Conquest does come with battle points, something the Rattler and Snow Cat do not.

-The Slipstream figure is a bit rough when he comes out of the package, but once he's in the closed cockpit, he's not bad at all.

That is true.

But we also want stuff that doesnt look like as big an eyesore as that thing with all the bright red, no gunners cockpit and gawdawful Crap Attack issues.

Cant they at least give us SOME decent looking gimmick-free vehicle repaints? And dont give me that "For the kids" bulls#it. With Crap Attack vehicles going out to every single retailer, including TRU, I dont think its asking too much for a few re-releases that DONT look like crud. The kiddies are getting PLENTY of product.

If these vehicles are meant for the collectors, then it proves they have little respect for us. Its like theyre thumbing their noses at us.