Transformer Re-issues - WHY NOT GI JOE???

deflep

Y'know ..I am very jealous that Transformers fans are getting exact

copies of the toys they had when they were kids while we get bad repaints and bad molds (remember Stars and Stripes).

I would love a brand new set of all the original vehicles with original molds and paint jobs...the Snowcat and Conquest are cool but they have done the Conquest already...what about a freakin Sky Striker or the Whale..

What do u guys think??

:evil: :evil: Ahem....Hasbro is giving the same treatement with Transformers as GI Joe. If anything, GI Joe is getting a better Treatment than Transformers.....at least the GIJoe didn't get a huge banned Treatement to their missile or weapons like Ultra Magnus :cry: :cry:

Anyhow, fortunately for us......we got Takara......who in a way is our savoir......they give us almost exactly as the original from molding, accessories, box art, to colors. Take that you big bozoo Hasbro @-@

"Somebody is going to have the heart to wade in and extricate them.

That somebody is Lifeline"

LifelineB.gif

I too would like a WHALE reissue, but doubt we'll ever see one. It's apparent that Hasbro has made up it's mind to prefer making new vehicles, which makes it a lot harder to get reissued ones.

Takara's reissue are the best IMO, and I wish Hasbro would follow. They're getting there by marking future TF reissues as adult collectibles to get around child laws, but it's just so slow. It also doesn't help that they're TRU exclusives, which in too many cases involving TRU, means "scalper exclusive." It really is easier for me to get a Takara reissue from the other side of the planet than a TRU reissue from a store only a couple of miles away from where I live, and I think that's very sad and pathetic.

Playing devil's advocate here... in essence, how would "the kids" (assuming that they're total morons, like big companies always do!) be able to tell apart the old GI Joes from the new ones? They're both 3 3/4" army guys. To them, one set would just look stranger than the other. :-? Now, a seperate collector-centered line would be great. 8) That's pretty much what the TF reissues are like. But that seems really unlikely... :-?

Vehicles are a different story. I think it'd be great to have the old vehicles that you actually had to assemble yourself. See, if Hasbro really wanted to re-release these things, they could have some designers easily turn that aspect into a gimmick. "Kids!!! Build your own GI Joe/Cobra vehicles! Custom decals!" etc. Doesn't take a rocket scientist! :P

Some of the vehicle molds, much like some figure molds, are either lost or damaged. And there are also instances when they might be in the hands of Funskool and the like.

For example, Funskool released a version of the Sky Striker. Not to mention the plethora of really, REALLY old RAH vehicles. So the Sky Striker and whatever else Funskool has molds of are off limits for now.

And even if they did re-release the old vehicles, it would never be in the same colors 'cause Hasbro doesn't want to piss off the collectors (or even more so) for devaluing their collection.

So there are quite a few factors to consider.

BTW, the TF reissues are not exact per se. Optimus has smaller smokestacks and Starscream has really long missiles. The exception may be the Japanese release (I guess their kids are not as dumb, or their government don't give a rat's @ss about them, you decide. :wink: )

man, I would love to see my old RAH series get more re-issues. I loved the RAHC series of 2-packs. Except for the new head molds, they were great. I know for a fact that they still have tons of figures that they could re-issue, think of all the 90's figures. You know that those molds are still in good shape. If they just released those again, with better colors, I would be extremely happy.

As for vehicles, sure Funskool has some of them, and I am currently trying to get them. I am ordering a Funskool Skystriker ASAP.

and if hasbro re-issued all the old stuff, in the same colors, I wouldn't give a crap about the depreciation of my old stuff... Like I always said, I wish it wasn't worth very much at all so that I could get more. I think different colors have their merit though. It's nice to have different versions so that you don't just have the same stuff. For example, the snow version of BigBen is brilliant in my opinion.

I too would like a WHALE reissue, but doubt we'll ever see one. It's apparent that Hasbro has made up it's mind to prefer making new vehicles, which makes it a lot harder to get reissued ones.  

I seem to remember that reading somewhere that Hasbro does have all the parts for the WHALE and it was also mentioned that all of the vehicles in Battle Files #3, got Hasbro's approval for possible production.

If they need just a little but of chaning, right v2 on their butts or legs. C'mon! I want some army builder packs in oginal colors, that goes for rah and jvc.

I seem to remember that reading somewhere that Hasbro does have all the parts for the WHALE and it was also mentioned that all of the vehicles in Battle Files #3, got Hasbro's approval for possible production.

Sarge hinted that anything in BF #3 is a possibility. So it's up to Hasbro.

Included was the WHALE, Wolverine, and the Mamba. That's just off the top of my head. All three would be nice re-releases.

(As far as the WHALE, I think I remember reading it was missing some parts... so who knows. Same goes for the Tomahawk helo.)