New Joe custom body parts site

solidsnake_0001

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys here is the skinny on what's going on at j and r as of now. It has com to my attention that most of our helmets will fit nicely on the new Beachhead so we have decided to put his head into production. So if you wanted to get rid of the Nazi helmet that the Neo Viper dawns, help is on the way.

Now as far as weapons go, our weapons program is coming along nicely. When it is complete we plan on offering 2 different sets of gear. One for the Joes and one for the Cobras. I say gear because we are going to include more than just weapons and backpacks. But dont worry if you want just weapons I can understand. Now is there any requests for items that you guys would like to see in these packs? If so jus email us and we will do our best to see that whatever it is makes it in there. But keep in mind that there will be a limited number of items, after all we can't include 200 different things in one pack. But all suggestions will be saved for later versions. One thing that you guys can expect to see is a ghili suit for the Joe Gear and one for the Cobra Gear. And no they are not going to be the same as the one that comes with Crosshair. Also let us know what kind of weapons you want to see. We take into consideration everybodies ideas. And by the way there will be a Snake Eyes V2 sword available along with B.A.T. accessories. Keep in touch.

Commander

You aren't worried that Hasbro might frown upon you making copies of their figure parts and selling them over the internet?

It's nothing Hasbro has any intentions of doing for us fans of the old ARAH toys and most of this stuff has been lost or sold off to India. If it was current JvC stuff, that may cause a few rumblings, but even with that, I wouldn't see any reason as to why?

Hey, I have no problems with people doing this.

As far as your claim about these being old figures...

They have copied the new version of Beach head.

Also, the Fast Blast Viper and 86 Viper heads we know for sure Hasbro has the molds to.

Again, this is a cool idea, but I wouldn't go advertising it that much. Let the fans spread the word.

The guy didn't stand outside the Hasbro building in Rhode Island and yell what he's doing. He brought it to our attention, on a discussion forum. What's the difference if he does it or I do it ten minutes after seeing his site?

Tom

Hasbros copyright protection department

godfatherpics.jpg

Ok. Let's take a minute and breath. For now I am gonna keep this operation centered around replacement parts. Maybe later somehitng else will happen. But until then I am focusing on what I have stated. In my opinion Hasbro dropped the ball on all us in the late '80s with the non-military loud color schemes that they incorporated into the line. And now when things started to look up again with the re-release vaves in the late '90s they did it again.

But I will stay with in my bounds for now designing cool helmets and replacing weapons and parts. I will see that this service is done and done correctly.

I encourage all of you to check back from time to time because this is only the begining. There are greater things to come. I promise you.

Commander

Ok guys here is the skinny on what's going on at j and r as of now. It has com to my attention that most of our helmets will fit nicely on the new Beachhead so we have decided to put his head into production. So if you wanted to get rid of the Nazi helmet that the Neo Viper dawns, help is on the way.  

Now as far as weapons go, our weapons program is coming along nicely. When it is complete we plan on offering 2 different sets of gear. One for the Joes and one for the Cobras. I say gear because we are going to include more than just weapons and backpacks. But dont worry if you want just weapons I can understand. Now is there any requests for items that you guys would like to see in these packs? If so jus email us and we will do our best to see that whatever it is makes it in there. But keep in mind that there will be a limited number of items, after all we can't include 200 different things in one pack. But all suggestions will be saved for later versions. One thing that you guys can expect to see is a ghili suit for the Joe Gear and one for the Cobra Gear. And no they are not going to be the same as the one that comes with Crosshair. Also let us know what kind of weapons you want to see. We take into consideration everybodies ideas. And by the way there will be a Snake Eyes V2 sword available along with B.A.T. accessories. Keep in touch.

Commander

Awesome, so are you guys really going to make BAT holograms?

Ok. Let's take a minute and breath. For now I am gonna keep this operation centered around replacement parts. Maybe later somehitng else will happen. But until then I am focusing on what I have stated. In my opinion Hasbro dropped the ball on all us in the late '80s with the non-military loud color schemes that they incorporated into the line. And now when things started to look up again with the re-release vaves in the late '90s they did it again.  

But I will stay with in my bounds for now designing cool helmets and replacing weapons and parts. I will see that this service is done and done correctly.  

I encourage all of you to check back from time to time because this is only the begining. There are greater things to come. I promise you.

Commander

Awesome!! I hate asking so many questions but will their be any Repro Crimson guard Weapons? The bag pack and rifle?

I dont see anything bad copyin these figs if they R for parts. TF and macross reproductions were around for a couple of years. If Hasbro said it was bad they would stop it long ago. If he stops doing this, then I will do repros since he is not the only person in this place to copy stuff. I understand if some copies do a whole person can be bad, but weapons and other stuff R common and don't seem to do damage to the money hungry company for a person to mod toys. Also, it is legal for ppl to do these on models.

i

North Korea buckles under pressure. We will not.

hell yeah, i second tom there, that was classic! long live j and r designs!

diesel

Hi all,

My name is John, and I was pointed to this thread by a friend of mine, as he knows I've had some experience looking into the legal issues, as you all have mentioned in this thread.

While Hasbro doesn't necessarily like people doing castings, they're not big on doing much to stop it as most people doing it, like myself, are small time operations and are only doing it for custizing and replacement. The only thing they really have issue with is the making and duplicating of Army Builders or other complete figures which could cause competition with the sales of items they are making or plan to make.

While I'm not saying this is the OFFICIAL Hasbro position, I'm just interested in helping other casters know what's up with our hobby (hobby for me, as I'm not in it to make a profit and I'm only doing it on an as-time-permits basis).

A note to J&R, I saw your stuff the other day and loved it. That's some cool work. Many people have asked me to do some of these things like removable helmets and such, and I'll be sending them your way if you don't mind. Personally, I've been doing parts for customs I make and castings of the unproduced 95 prototypes (hence the name Project95).

John M.

www.project95.com