It Playoff time in the NFL.

Captain Typho

Deal

But if anybody can think of anything better for a bet just tell us what it is

I don't think that is a fair bet. Outsiders would probably hate having a Barbie signature, but you would probably love it. In fact, you are probably just using this bet as an excuse to get yourself a beautiful new Barbie sig.

Yep, I can see it now. You and your cat playing Barbies and having tea parties all day long. :lol:

Yep and if you were betting with Outsiders you would say"How about the loser has to get a picture of a D!ck"but we would all know you just wanted it as your signature :)- :)-

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Remy,

38-14.... 38-14..... Oh my god... I was driving my car and heading home when I heard the Giants were winning by 24 points. I was CHEERING, I was screaming at people. Bring on THE BUCS!

Who are you kidding.....I was doing the samething.....I was like....whooohooo this game is like taking a candy from a baby!!! 38-14, I was laughing and celebrating......another NY game blow out.....

Now people are going to blame Jeremy Shockey for dropping the ball. I'm not going to blame Shockey for that. He played his heart out. Still The game was still 38-14, 38-14!!!!. IT WAS A 24 point lead for crying out loud. WHY COULDN'T THE DAMN DEFENSE STOP THE 49ers? Where was the DEFENSE??? I blame the Defense mostly for this collapse..

I hear you man...I'm not blaming on Shockey either....especially when you had 38-14. When your offense give you a 38 points, 24 points lead.....you, the defense team, better make sure that score hold up...... Defense collapsed big time........they were choked!!!! Yes choked!!!!

=====================

Now the holder.....why didn't he spike the ball...what went into his mind? Anyhow, I must confess......I didn't know you are allowed to spike the ball when the snap got away..... Well I'm not a pro...so I can get excuse :P:P

I know you are allowed to spike the ball when the quarter back need to stop the clock...of course, they would lost a down. But I didn't know about the Field Goal Punting situation and spiking. Here's a question, suppose that guy was to spike the ball.....wouldn't the giant lost a down??? Now I"m confuse.....

Easy guys... You guys can have whatever for your signatures but I know I'll have to think of something good for Catter when he loses this weekend... :lol: :evil: :lol:

I know everyone is talking about the holder spiking the ball. I heard mike and the maddog and they SAID: If the holder spiked the ball it would of been intendal grounding. Penalty -10 yards. The rule states only the center snapping the ball to the quarterback can spiked the ball not the center snapping it to the holder. (I think)

Also it was 6 seconds to go so if he did spiked the ball the game would of been over. Something to do the the 10 second rule I forget. The only option the holder oould of done is fall on the ball and call timeout.

Spiking the ball would of done no good. OH well the game is over...Giants choked and now I have to root for the...jets...*cough*...

crappy jets

Deal

But if anybody can think of anything better for a bet just tell us what it is

I don't think that is a fair bet. Outsiders would probably hate having a Barbie signature, but you would probably love it. In fact, you are probably just using this bet as an excuse to get yourself a beautiful new Barbie sig.

Yep, I can see it now. You and your cat playing Barbies and having tea parties all day long. :lol:

Yep and if you were betting with Outsiders you would say"How about the loser has to get a picture of a D!ck"but we would all know you just wanted it as your signature :)- :)-

:evil: :evil: Easy.....Catter.....and Clam......so far this thread had been going very smoothly....wouldn't want this thread to get lock up. I'll create another thread: Catter versus Outsider.....just to take the pressure from this thread....

I know everyone is talking about the holder spiking the ball. I heard mike and the maddog and they SAID: If the holder spiked the ball it would of been intendal grounding. Penalty -10 yards. The rule states only the center snapping the ball to the quarterback can spiked the ball not the center snapping it to the holder. (I think)

:evil: :evil: Darn it.....I forgot about mike and the angry puppy....LOL....I only listen to them during baseball season.... Yeah, I know about the QB and Center......but the holder??? That's new..... Hm...if they took the 10 yard penalty, I still think they have a shot at the field goal......that would give them about 1 or 2 second left. Of course, in football....0 second, the game is still alive......

Also it was 6 seconds to go so if he did spiked the ball the game would of been over. Something to do the the 10 second rule I forget. The only option the holder oould of done is fall on the ball and call timeout.

Spiking the ball would of done no good.  OH well the game is over...Giants choked and now I have to root for the...jets...*cough*...  

crappy jets

right, I forgot about that rule. The holder couldn't have spiked the ball. Jim Fassel should have tried the field goal earlier, just in case something bad happened on the first try, they would have had another chance.

Now people are going to blame Jeremy Shockey for dropping the ball. I'm not going to blame Shockey for that. He played his heart out. Still The game was still 38-14, 38-14!!!!. IT WAS A 24 point lead for crying out loud. WHY COULDN'T THE DAMN DEFENSE STOP THE 49ers? Where was the DEFENSE??? I blame the Defense mostly for this collapse.. Ugh... i can't think of this anymore...Ugh....  YOU HAD A 24 POINT LEAD WITH 17 MINUTES TO GO and THEY CAN'T STOP THE 49ers offense. TERRY OWENS WAS OWNING Jason Sehorn. God I hate this guy. He can't cover ANYBODY.  :evil: I know everyone is talking about the last second kick. I believe it shouldn't even come to that. I mean if the defense would just stop the 49ers just once we would of won that game. If the Giants made one damn field goal in the fourth quarter we would won the game. I'm not going to blame the offense. THEY KICKED THE 49ers defense's asses the first half. I don't care what anyone says. BLAME THE DEFENSE AND BLAME Jim Fassel for not having the kill instinct to go for it on 4th and 1.  

Actually, the Giants Defense did most of the work to get that lead during the first 3 quarters. The Defense were the ones to continually make big stops and give the Giants good field position. They intercepted a pass right before half-time that allowed a them to score, they stopped the niners on 4th and 1 in the 3rd quarter which allowed them to score again. And the Special teams recovered that muffed kick and scored another touchdown.

The Giants offense enjoyed the benefit of good Special teams and Defensive plays. They didn't do much themselves. You have to remember that the offense was outscored 25 - 0 during the last 19 minutes of the game. That is the offenses fault. Once the defense and special teams stopped making big plays, the offense folded and were not able to give the defense time to rest or to even keep the field position.

:evil: :evil: According to the NY Dailynews Newspaper:

At this point, here is what Fassel or special teams coach Bruce Read has to say to Allen before he takes the field, a calm voice in the midst of chaos:

"Remember, if something goes wrong again, it's only third down. And we've still got a timeout. We're clear on that, right? One more down, one more timeout. Another thing: You can't spike the ball if it's a bad snap, because they'll not only flag us, they'll take 10 seconds off the clock. There's only six left now. So that would mean game's over. No spike. If for some reason you end up running and have to throw, get out of the pocket and throw it out of bounds."

Maybe while one coach was coaching there, the other one could have reminded the linemen that if the play turned into a fire drill, no illegal guys down field.

Fassel says his guys are supposed to know better, that nobody should have to remind them what to do. Excuse me? What does he think basketball coaches are doing when they're talking to their players during the last timeout with six seconds left in the game? This was precisely the time when the coach was supposed to coach. It is why Fassel doesn't get to put this on Matt Allen.

=================================

:o:o Holy Moly.....I forgot that play was only THIRD DOWN.....!!!! Yes Spiking would make the game over.......since they would get the flag as well as a 10 second off the clock. So the obvious choice for the Giants to do was let the holder get out of the pocket and threw it out the bound which he didn't...... And if he did that....the Giants would have at least 1 second to go Fouth down.....and kick that field goal......

According to that conversation, it seem that the Holder, besides the Center/QB, does the have the ability to spike the ball...otherwise why would Fassle says you can't spike the ball. If the Holder doesn't allow to spike the ball....then there's no reason for Fassle to bring that subject up.

Wow. I only watched the first part of that 49ers/Giants game... :o I turned it off when the score was 14-14... man, now I REALLY wished I had watched the whole thing!!! Who knew! :P

I'm more an AFC follower... and I don't really have any loyalties towards the Giants or the Niners... but man, that's gotta suck, having that penalty recalled. From what I gather, the Giants could have re-kicked a botched field goal. That bites. :-?

Anyway. HOW ABOUT THOSE STEELERS!!!!! Heh. I'm warning all of you in advance... I'm a rabid Steelers fan. :lol: :)- But you know what? As big a Pittsburgh fan as I am, they can still irritate me to no end when they make stupid mistakes. :P They were playing SO badly the first half of that Browns game... then they make 2 touchdowns in the last 3 minutes for an awesome comeback!!! That was one heck of a game, especially if you were watching the whole thing. By the 3rd quarter everyone must have been writing the Steelers off... but wow. So so cool. 8) I couldn't believe my eyes. And now they're on their way to the Championships bay-bee!!! :)- Tennessee should be no problem... they beat them once, they can do it again! :D

Yee-ha!!! My team's still alive! I love the playoffs!!! :)-

When did it change when you spike the ball? All it did before was stop the clock. At least that's what it does when a QB does it. I thought it was similar to an incomplete pass. Or am I missing something here?

:evil: :evil: Yes, spiking the ball will stop the clock.... In addition, a lost of down will be deducted as well. In the Giants case, if they were to have more time on the clock, say 15 second left, then spiking the ball would benefit them. One, they can stop the clock. Two, they don't have to worry about bad snap from the center. And three, they can rekick again since the Giants was only in thier third down position when they made that first field goal attempt.

Unfortunately.....unless this rule is confirmed whether the Holder has the capability of spiking the ball or not without getting a penalty....with 6 second left on the clock, the Giants Holder cannot spike the ball. If he does, the Giants will get the flag for Intentional Grounding and a 10 second deducted from the clock which will make the game over.

I am not sure why, but for some reason the holder on a field goal attempt is not allowed to spike the ball. Sure the QB can do it, but not the holder.

However, I think he would have been allowed to throw the ball away downfield. That would have only been an incomplete pass and they would have most likely had at least 2 seconds left. The holder made a great throw that should have scored a TD. Unfortunately his receiver was knocked down. But even if he did catch it, the play would have been illegal because a different lineman ran downfield. So the game would have been over anyway. On passing plays, linemen aren't allowed to step forward past the line of scrimmage I believe.

It wasn't the holders fault, it wasn't the kickers fault. It was the snappers fault, the coaches fault, and the lineman's (who went downfield illegally) fault. Also, indirectly it was the entire offenses fault for failing to produce anything in the last 20 minutes of the game. And particularily Jeremy Shockey's for dropping a TouchDown pass right through his big-dumb hands. :lol:

FOOTBALL. TEAMS. SPORTS. FOOTBALL. JOHN MADDEN. FOOTBALL FOOTBALL. SPORTS SPORTS. FOOTBALL.  :(

Nah, it's more like:

FOOTBALL. TEAMS. SPORTS. = :D

JOHN MADDEN = >_<

:lol: ;)