It Playoff time in the NFL.

Captain Typho

I am so glad the Packers lost big. The jerky Cheeseheads I work with will be real quiet this week!!! HEHEHEHE!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:evil:  :evil: I am extremely pissed with the GIANTS!!!!  Damn them......they deseved to lost big time!!!!  I was rooting for them madly.....and when they scored 38 to 14....I was like......looks like another NY blow out game.  Then suddenly they can't score or kick the field goal anymore....I mean back to back!!!  The first one was a missed field goal....then the turning point of the game, the second one......the giant holder.....blew up....!!!  Yes.....he should've just spiked the ball.....

Darn it......I am pissed with them.....I started out a Giants fan.....since 1987........and when Parcell left the team and joined the Jets....I began to follow the Jets too....  I am an NFC fan....., still Giants fan...but the last 5 years I had been leaning toward the Jets.  Darn it.....I was hoping for a New York-New York Superbowl.......

I know what you mean. It was saaaaaaaaad!

:evil:  :evil: I am extremely pissed with the GIANTS!!!!  Damn them......they deseved to lost big time!!!!  I was rooting for them madly.....and when they scored 38 to 14....I was like......looks like another NY blow out game.  Then suddenly they can't score or kick the field goal anymore....I mean back to back!!!  The first one was a missed field goal....then the turning point of the game, the second one......the giant holder.....blew up....!!!  Yes.....he should've just spiked the ball.....

Darn it......I am pissed with them.....I started out a Giants fan.....since 1987........and when Parcell left the team and joined the Jets....I began to follow the Jets too....  I am an NFC fan....., still Giants fan...but the last 5 years I had been leaning toward the Jets.  Darn it.....I was hoping for a New York-New York Superbowl.......

:evil: :evil: Now where is that RoyalMarine.......I like to know how he feel about this.......Damn Giants......38-14 and they could hold the lead.... That holder dude.....why don't he just spike the ball......darn it......

WOOOHOOO :) My Niners won the game :) Sorry Remy and all you Giants fans, but TO rules and Jeff Garcia proved that he can win in the playoffs :) The only thing I have to say is...what's with the Giants' snapper and what's with the Giants' D in the second half - it's like they didn't show up to play ;) Bring on the Bucs :)

If the Giants' place holder would have spiked the ball instead of passing it, then they would have got another attempt at the field goal.

49ers were so lcuky at the end, but they should have never been in that situation to begin with. If the niners didn't muff that punt that got the Giants a TD, then they probably would have been ahead the entire game.

They wouldn't have been going for it on 4th and 1 (that turned into a Giants TD).

And they probably would not have been passing at the end of the half. (interception that turned into a Giants TD).

Raider will take it all the way...

is that a typo or a jab at Remmy's inability to write in correct terms? :lol:

"Giant deserved to lost badly"

:lol:

Raider will take it all the way...

is that a typo or a jab at Remmy's inability to write in correct terms? :lol:

"Giant deserved to lost badly"

:lol:

A little of both man... :lol: 8) :lol:

Wanna put some cake on this...

If the Jets win you have to have a signature of Barbie for a week

and if the Raiders win i will have to have a Barbie signature for a week

:o:o Whooooo a bet........nice........

I will gladly be your referee or judge to this bet :P:P

Ok... How does this sound to ya...

Your signature...

"I picked the Jets and lost so Outsiders rules and I love Barbie!"

My signature...

"I picked the Raiders and lost so Catter rules and I love Barbie!"

Ok... How does this sound to ya...

Your signature...

"I picked the Jets and lost so Outsiders rules and I love Barbie!"

My signature...

"I picked the Raiders and lost so Catter rules and I love Barbie!"

:D:D This is getting to be very interesting...... :P:P I'm sure Catter wouldn't have any problem with that.......

Darn it........I was hoping for something....just a little bit more spicy to that.... :P:P

For one the Raiders deserve to go to the Super Bowl because they got screw by the Patriots last year on that fumble. Tim Brown the best WR on the Raiders has played 15 years and have no ring and Jerry Rice have five SB rings. Also the Falcons face the Eagles this weekend. Two of the best QB will face each other, Donnavan McNabb vs Michael Vick should be a good one.

This was announced today... This has got to suck!

NFL admits ref blew call in Giants-49ers playoff game

January 6, 2003

NEW YORK (Ticker) - A day after squandering a 24-point lead in a devastating 39-38 playoff loss, the New York Giants received what is essentially a useless apology from the NFL.

Mike Pereira, the NFL's director of officiating, informed the Giants and San Francisco 49ers on Monday that a defensive pass interference penalty should have been called on the final play of Sunday's game, which would have allowed the Giants to attempt a potential winning field goal.

"It does us no good. It doesn't do us a damn bit of good," Giants coach Jim Fassel said Monday after learning of the league's statement which blamed referee Ron Winter's officiating crew for not making the pass interference call.

After blowing a 38-14 second-half lead, the Giants still had a chance to win the game when Matt Bryant lined up for a 41-yard field goal with six seconds left in the fourth quarter. However, the snap by veteran Trey Junkin was low and wide and holder Matt Allen couldn't handle the ball. Allen then ran to his right and lofted a desperation pass downfield to guard Rich Seubert, who was pushed by Niners defensive end Chike Okeafor as the ball was in the air.

No pass interference was called on the play and Giants guard Tam Hopkins was flagged for illegally running downfield on the pass attempt. If interference had been called, then the game could not have ended due to offsetting penalties and the Giants could have attempted the field goal

"It was pass interference. It was clearly pass interference," Fassel said. "How they missed that, I do not know. It is very disappointing."

Pereira admitted that Fassel was right since Seubert had reported to the officiating crew prior to the game as an eligible receiver on field goal attempts and was clearly pushed by Okeafor.

"Them (the league) confirming it is, 'O.K. at least you are honest,'" Fassel said. "But it is not going to change anything. My stomach is already in knots. I don't need to tighten them up even more."

the referee may have botched that call, but it still should not have saved them since they would have not got the touchdown even if he caught it.

Even if that lineman caught the pass, it would have still been a penalty on the Giants because of the illegal man downfield. So the offsetting penalty would be unfair to the niners if the Giants were allowed another chance after they tried an illegal play.

That reminds me of the first meeting between the Bears and the Lions. On the final play of the game, Bears cornerback Larry Whigham, sacked the Lions Quarterback. The time ran out and the Bears thought that they had won. Unfortunately, the Lions got a false start penalty, which nullifies the play. SO because of the Lions' own screw-up, they got another chance to win the game, and they did.

Bottom line, the Giants messed up that play, it would have been unfortunate if they were saved by the referees. They didn't deserve to win the game. They should have, but they shot themselves in the foot.

If super-jerk Jeremy Shockey would have got his head out of his butt long enough to catch that TD he dropped in the 3rd quarter, they would have won. Serves him right for being such an ass.

Also the Falcons face the Eagles this weekend. Two of the best QB will face each other, Donnavan McNabb vs Michael Vick should be a good one.

Micheal Vick is over-rated right now. He is a very good athelete, but not a complete QB yet. He didn't deserve to make the pro-bowl team. And Donnavan McNabb is still hurt, so he will not be his old self this week. I think that they should stick with Jay Feely or Koy Detmer for a little longer.

Deal

But if anybody can think of anything better for a bet just tell us what it is

I don't think that is a fair bet. Outsiders would probably hate having a Barbie signature, but you would probably love it. In fact, you are probably just using this bet as an excuse to get yourself a beautiful new Barbie sig.

Yep, I can see it now. You and your cat playing Barbies and having tea parties all day long. :lol:

BURN!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Damn man... That is some good stuff...

Look... I don't care what the signature is or looks like...

Someone come up with something cause we got a week until game time and winning is going to be too sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

To Remy,

38-14.... 38-14..... Oh my god... I was driving my car and heading home when I heard the Giants were winning by 24 points. I was CHEERING, I was screaming at people. Bring on THE BUCS! After I got home the score was 38-30. I was like holy crap.... :o. Then the game was 39-38 with 6 seconds to go. i was holding my hands very hard. MAKE IT! MAKE IT! But the snap was low and the game was over.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Now people are going to blame Jeremy Shockey for dropping the ball. I'm not going to blame Shockey for that. He played his heart out. Still The game was still 38-14, 38-14!!!!. IT WAS A 24 point lead for crying out loud. WHY COULDN'T THE DAMN DEFENSE STOP THE 49ers? Where was the DEFENSE??? I blame the Defense mostly for this collapse.. Ugh... i can't think of this anymore...Ugh.... YOU HAD A 24 POINT LEAD WITH 17 MINUTES TO GO and THEY CAN'T STOP THE 49ers offense. TERRY OWENS WAS OWNING Jason Sehorn. God I hate this guy. He can't cover ANYBODY. :evil: I know everyone is talking about the last second kick. I believe it shouldn't even come to that. I mean if the defense would just stop the 49ers just once we would of won that game. If the Giants made one damn field goal in the fourth quarter we would won the game. I'm not going to blame the offense. THEY KICKED THE 49ers defense's asses the first half. I don't care what anyone says. BLAME THE DEFENSE AND BLAME Jim Fassel for not having the kill instinct to go for it on 4th and 1.

Very depressed, sad, digusted, angry GIANT Fan,

RoyalMarine :cry: