The Baroness and me! (real pic inside - no kidding!)

Hammerfel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you might have looked up the con, but here is a link just in case:

http://www.comic-con.org/

Yeah, don't go to Wizardworld. That's just the magazine making money for themselves, unlike the SDCC that has tradition behind it and is a non-profit organization.

The walking around is worth it. Everytime I make my rounds in the exhibit hall, I run into something new everytime. Last year I cleaned out this dealer on extra weapons for RAH figures, like Snake Eyes '85 sword and rare small parts at a good price.

Dieselboy M, I hope to see you there too!

I will say this... If you are planning on going to the Chicago Comic-Con for Joes then don't bother going...

I mean it's cool with Hasbro and seeing the new stuff but not a single dealer at the convention last year had anything for Joes except for 1 or 2 dealers who were asking way too much for the older stuff or wanted like 90 bucks for the a 1st edition loose Destro with no weapons...

sweet, thanks guys.

the walking around is definantly NOT a prob for me, but for my fiancee, well, she wont be as pep as i am when it comes to walking. she tires easily, then i have to tease her and call her lazy lol.

i bet i could walk around all 3 days and never get tired of it...

Not a problem amigo! :wink:

How is the Chicago Con by the way? I would like to check that one out too! That and the deli's in Chicago, and the pizza and stuff!

As a disclaimer, some of the San Diego Conventions that I have gone to were real stinkers. The last 5 years have been good, but there was a period in the late '90s, where they sucked big time. But as of late, I have had a good time in both finding comics and toys there.

Overall... Not a bad show to say the least...

Out of the whole building... The breakdown is mainly 50% comic companies and toy companies and 50% dealers.

The Hasbro section is pretty sweet seeing all the new stuff coming out and I'm sure I'll post pictures again this year and meeting people is cool as well...

I would like to say that its the same as the San Diego show but not cause we don't get a lot of special benefits like the San Diego show does of the toy artists and makers and we didn't have the special, limited edition He-Man figure as well which sucked... :(

Dragonrider: you are correct sir!

Outsiders: so is SDCC still the number one convention that you recommend, as far as toys go?

I can't really say Bro... I mean I hit the Chicago show and from what I heard... It was the same as the San Diego show except the San Diego show had some of the artists/creators for the toys and they got the MOTU He-Man limited edition figure...

You still see all the Hasbro stuff and all the dealers at the Chicago show but it all depends on the schedule of the shows and who shows and doesn't show...

• 2 weeks later...

okay makes sense Outsiders. thanks for the info. i would rather go to SDCC anyway if i could go to any of them just because ive never been to the west coast before.