Bad experience with theStoreon44.com...

Peaches4Free

I recently purchased a case of figures from them, and they were nice enough to pack the sealed case in another box for shipping, however, the case itself containing all the figures was crushed in on both sides...when I opened the case, every bubble was badly crushed for all 12 packages...So much for getting the figures mint. The damage was so obvious on the case! When I look at their website, I see they still have the case that I bought in stock, which means they simply sent me the shite one...hope this doesn't happen to any of you out there. I was totally disappointed. I would avoid this website from now on...

yeah, do what outsiders said. seaN, the main owner of the site [i guess?} posts on here often...if you look him up on here and PM him or even better just email him thru storeon44's site, they will probly take care of you.

sorry about your troubles man.

Yeah...I'm not trying to rag on the guy yet I am...I was just disappointed. If I wanted an exchange, I'd have to ship the case (probably at my cost) in order to switch with another one...I dunno...I just see it as a lot of unnecessary hassle that could have been avoided in the first place had I gotten a case that was not crushed. The box that the case was shipped in was in pristine condition, so it's not like the case was damaged thru shipping, know what I mean? Besides, I'm in Canada, so if I got a replacement case, I'd have to pay $40+ duty and taxes to receive it again.

Thanks for your concern, fellows...

better yet,

as far as I recall we didn't have ANY wave 4 repack orders... which means ALL of our wave 4 was shipped in original cases. (a repack order is a "special order" and is charged a handling fee...) But this is off the top of my head and I'm not certain of this.

of THIS I am certain though: we didn't get ANY nasty wave 4 cases in from Hasbro... we changed our arriving shipping methods as wave 3 had a half dozen nasty cases... ALL of our received wave 4 was fantastic.

drop me an email with an order #, and perhaps I won't question the validity of this complaint. I'm sorry to come off so cynical... but I know our product, and our shipping guy is PRECISE regarding damaged product... moreso than I. Again, if this is legit, I apologize, and email me.

It was actually a Wave 2 case. I originally planned to keep it sealed, however, my curiosity finally got me the better of me yesterday to see how badly damaged the products were inside the dented case. I can email you the order number if you want, and even email pics of the crushed bubbles. Initially I started this thread to just vent my frustrations, but you've responded to the thread...perhaps a resolution may be reached.

You guys are right. I paid for a case, and I deserve to get damaged packaging. I guess it serves me right for wanting to keep some figures mint on card...what was I thinking?

The case contains duplicates, so why do I need 2 sets of every figure lying around? Is that what you guys are saying you do? Buy entire cases and open all of them?

Just ask seaN about returning them for a better case.

Do what you want to do. Collect toys however you want. Don't let what someone says get to you. If keeping your figures MOC on a MINT card is what floats your boat then by all means, do it!

I suppose one advantage ordering by the case would have is if youre a troop builder or customizer you dont have to worry about missing out to scalpers or other fans who just got to the store earlier than you did.

So some of the reasoning behind it IS fairly logical. Get your basics for your personal collection and any extras you may need for whatever reasons.

Just ask seaN about returning them for a better case.  

Do what you want to do. Collect toys however you want. Don't let what someone says get to you. If keeping your figures MOC on a MINT card is what floats your boat then by all means, do it!

Thanks man! I thought I was the only one here who thought that my personal preference for keeping things MOC actually meant something. It's funny how I mention that the packaging is messed up, and I get pigeon holed as this dude who's keeping a sealed collection to fund kids thru college. I have plenty of opened figures, and plenty of MOC figures. So many people have missed the point that when you buy something "case fresh" there is a certain expectation of the condition of the inner contents. If Spot bought a case of wine glasses, with the expectation that the glasses were pristine, and some had hairline cracks, but they were still functional, should Spot settle? Truth is, it's alot more hassle than it is worth to ship these back for me as I'm in Canada, and there's the whole customs thing to deal with.

seaN

for someone who is supposed to be a business man, that was a pretty shitty response back your Customer. Regardless of what methods you have in place, human error occurs every day, and being cynical...ever hear the old saying, the customer is always right?

What that post did for me, was make certain that I will never buy from your online store, if that is your idea of customer service

martini...

my response was based on one thing... and I'm glad Peaches understood and took it that way.

That one thing was the fact that we STILL have not received a complaint from him by email. NO ORDER #. Which means, without that, he could just be joe shmoe who is banned from our site for committing credit card fraud trying to get back at us in a public forum. Sounds rediculous, I know, but these things happen.

As I stated above, I don't need proof of damage, or anything like that. Just an order #. As you stated, the customer is always right. We do go by that policy, often out of our own pockets. BUT, we jsut wanted to make sure he WAS a customer.

BTW, Peaches... drop me that email. Sorry I misread and thought it was wave 4. As I stated previously... we'll figure something out. It sounds like you're not too keen on the idea of exchange, so we'll find another way.

drop me an email with an order #, and perhaps I won't question the validity of this complaint.  I'm sorry to come off so cynical... but I know our product, and our shipping guy is PRECISE regarding damaged product... moreso than I.  Again, if this is legit, I apologize, and email me.

I don't think seaN was trying to be cynical, but I think he was a little put off by having to read some negative comments about his sites business pratices, especially if he hadn't been given the opportunity to correct it beforehand. The above quoted comments would indicate he's suggesting that a personal email with the rder # and information of concern would help him to resolve the issue more efficiently than just merely defending his business in the manner he was forced to here.

I'm thinking Peachesforfree will get his concerns properly addressed and taken care of by seaN, but I would ALWAYS give a business an opportunity to take care of such things FIRST, before I publicly criticize their services. If he's told to "GET STUFFED"....then that's entirely a different matter, and one that would be good to know about as a potential consumer myself.

Btw Peaches....I think the comments on the practice of collecting anything to be kept MIP or MOC were just in fun and in the usual form of teasing that is common, so don't take to heart, you are the collector, and how you desire to keep it is YOUR business.

Somone has to collect them that way, otherwise in twenty years when some fan and collector wants to experience that sensation of opening for the first time, a mint, and perfect, untouched or played with action figure of old, they'll be able to..thanks to YOU! :wink:

as a comment also on Peaches' methods... it's VERY common for people to get 1 open and 1 sealed... of course... they usually give that up after a little while. With output such as Hasbro's last year, it gets pretty costly to have 2 completist collections. A few stick it out... and good luck doing so, Peaches. Some of the best collections IMO are done like that.

What that post did for me, was make certain that I will never buy from your online store, if that is your idea of customer service

Isn't that a little hasty of a decision? Based on one incident where, instead of contacting the store to work out the problem, the customer's first response is to bring it out to a board?

Yes, the customer is always right. However, I could see why seaN might be a tad miffed that he wasn't given a chance to rectify the situation before someone posted a complaint to a board.

Peaches4Free: i think you and i are alike in that many joes we keep carded and many we set free to pose and stuff. ive got about 8 or 9 GVC packs unopened, hanging on my wall right now, mostly from wave 1,2, and 3, that i think makes the figures look pretty cool. trust me folks, it sure aint the packaging that i keep them in the package for, altho the packages arent bad. its mostly to keep the figures in good condition, and TO KEEP ALL THOSE FRIGGIN WEAPONS TOGETHER!!! thats one thing ive noticed about the joes ive opened--its kinda hard keeping up with the weapons! so i see nothing wrong with keeping some figures MOC, but i gotta admit, im thinking of taking them out just so i can admire them a little better, but if i dont, then so be it, theres nothing wrong with that.

personally tho, i gotta say i dont see why you would want to buy a whole CASE and let it sit unopened. i mean, i put my MOC figs on my wall--where i can view them and admire them. what will u do with an unopened case--just stare at the card board box? but hey, its your perogitive. my advice is just to go ahead and open those puppies, maybe sell off any duplicates you dont want. GVC are great figures and i think you would enjoy them opened. especially since it seems like mailing them all back to SeaN would be tough. but by all means, at least email him to show that your order is legit...storeon44.com has always had A GREAT reputation, and its not like its briantoys.com or anything with thier nahtzee prices :wink:

there is a reason the store on 44 has a great reputation.

i have purchased from most of the joe stores out there, and there are a lot and my most friendly and personal service came from the store on 44.

it's actually the store i like doing ordering from the most.

there are more constructive ways to get results for a problem with a shipment than going and publicly speaking of a bad experience with someone who is so involved in the joe community. instead of turning up the heat on the store on 44 maybe we should be asking what is the motivations for this guy coming here and posting a topic for all to see "bad experience wtih the store on 44." for all we know in the world of the internet, this guy could own one of his rival stores, here to hurt a customer base.

if someone wants a problem resolved there are plenty of easy ways to do it via the store on 44's website. i actually had a question quickly answered through their customer service submition form. http://www.thestoreon44.com/shop.cgi?page=help.htm

common sense would dictate if you bought the figures from an online store, go back to the online store to communicate any problems, and let them help with a resolution, not a public forum.

a public forum is not the place for this to be discussed, especially not at this stage of an order. is it really fair for seaN to have to conduct the whole customer service transaction right before our eyes?

everyone knows he is involved in the fan community more than any other store owner, to come the fan community to vent frustrations without giving him a chance to rectify the situation is irresponsible.

yeah until this guy sends seaN an email with order number, im gonna doubt him. Im sure maybe peaches is right, but he needs to show proof. i know a guy from figuresource.com who had one of his competitors bad mouthing him on the spawn boards, which is childish and stupid.

This topic really doesn't have any reason to continue. SeaN can't rectify the situation until his store is given the ability to do it directly, which is not here.

Martini; calm down and keep it clean. If he was truely looking to screw someone I doubt he would show up and defend himself and instead do what real crooks do, which is to hide.