How rare is the gray Snake Eyes?

KamenDreda

So does anyone know how rare the gray Snake Eyes is. I have one in the package and I am dying to open it but I am afraid to just incase it turns out to be really rare. So how many were actually made? Has everyone been able to find him?

for god sakes open it up. Enjoy your toys, dont count on them to fund your retirement. It just isnt going to happen now days. Simple supply and demand, too many people are "hoarding toys" so in the future there will be so many still available, they will not have value.

simple rule, dont buy something if you think ooooooh that will make me some money. Unless it is stock or a savings bond...it probably wont.

for god sakes open it up.  Enjoy your toys, dont count on them to fund your retirement.  It just isnt going to happen now days.  Simple supply and demand, too many people are "hoarding toys" so in the future there will be so many still available, they will not have value.

simple rule, dont buy something if you think  ooooooh that will make me some money.  Unless it is stock or a savings bond...it probably wont.

Amen. My philosophy exactly.

If your that worried about it, go buy another one. I think there were 10,000 made.

I doubt they are that rare and the only reason to buy to IS TO PLAY WITH IT! that's how i feel. I tried to keep some star wars in the package, bah! that was stupid i had to get two of them to manage.

I'm gonna go with everyone else and say open it. They say that it's limited to 20,000 pieces, but I highly doubt that. They probably have no idea as to how many were made. It was a 'running change' so there's really no telling how many were made. Besides, the gray and purple turns alot of people off. When they showed it off at Toyfair the main complaint about the figure was it's color scheme. More people like the black version than the gray. That's probably why they made the change.

I like the Gray Color Scheme, but I haven't been able to find it. There seems to be enough of them for every one who wants one to get one, so I'm not worried about not finding one(!).

Go ahead and open it! Play with that figure until it's head falls off! :)

Ive found enough to buy one for the collection and a 2nd for customs. Ive also seen it on shelf every so often

I like the grey and purple. They arent really suitable for Snake-Eye's character per se, but they still look nice on their own merit.

But as the others said, free your figuure from his cardboard prison! The days of big bucks from MOC figures are long dead

THIS JUST IN..!!!!

Apparently the Gray version of Snake-Eyes has...I repeat HAS...been deemed a "rare" JvC product, and should net a hefty little return, if kept MOC for future collectors. Production of this rare version has been completely halted, and no further availability of it, will be offered.

It is now being advised that if you posess this RARE version of Snake-Eyes, by all means...DO NOT OPEN!

Hopefully I've posted this news, before it was too late there KamenDreda?

(just kiddin')

THIS JUST IN..!!!!

Apparently the Gray version of Snake-Eyes has...I repeat HAS...been deemed a "rare" JvC product, and should net a hefty little return, if kept MOC for future collectors.   Production of this rare version has been completely halted, and no further availability of it, will be offered.

It is now being advised that if you posess this RARE version of Snake-Eyes, by all means...DO NOT OPEN!

Hopefully I've posted this news, before it was too late there KamenDreda?

(just kiddin')

Heh.... heh..... heh.... :lol:

Let me explain why this whole situation came up. When I customized Duke's head in to Hacker, I lost Duke. So needing a Duke I decided to use Blowtorch's head on black Snake Eyes' body (sans issue #5 black ops Duke) therefore loosing my Snake Eyes. Since I had the Grey SE stashed away in the closet I figured I could just use him. Anyway now that I have taken him out of the package, I have a full joe force (minus Blowtorch).

Yes I know, I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by just buying a new Duke, but I looked at walmart and Target and the shelves were completly bare and I was feeling really impatient for a decent Hacker. Not to mention my Black Ops Duke is kick a$$!

The grey Snake Eyes was limited to a production run of 20,000 pieces. (This number has been confirmed.) While this is more limited than many JvC figures, it is still a huge number. (To put it in perspective, there were probably less than 5,000 of each of the collector's edition Wave V packs made and the less desireable of those packs are still available.) As the black figure seems to be the collector favorite, though, I doubt that the grey one will ever have any significant collector value.

For those of you still looking for this figure, though, go to SmallJoes.com. They have the grey Snake Eyes available under Wave 3 figures and the black Snake Eyes available under Wave 4 figures. If you're missing either of these guys, that is a great way to get them.

As far as being a short run or rare you need toconsider a few facts.

20,000 units is a very small production run for Joes.

Look at the shelf life of the Grey version and the shelf life of the black version and you will see the grey version was GONE as soon as it hit the shelves and this was prior to the holiday shopping time period. The black version is now hanging at the pegs in Wal-Marts in my area, granted not for long time periods but you can find them on the pegs. and this is during the holiday frennzie. You also have to look at the amount of product shipped during this 8 week period and you can see that with some basic knoweldge you should be able to put the black at 3-4 to 1 of the grey versions sold.

As far as the Wave 5 2001 of 5,000 vrs the Grey Snake Eyes of 20,000

There is a HUGE difference of 5,000 units sold to the hobby and 20,000 units sold to the Mass market stores. The hobby is collectors and investors only while the mass is casual shoppers and moms for kids.

5,000 units direct to the hobby is about the same as 60,000 units at the mass. Figure 2,000 clear Zartans for the Collectors Club and see how long they take to sell out 20 at a time.

Have fun,

Fred