Wave 4 CLAWS custom...finished!

Viper Hunter

Not as good a picture as I wanted, but at least you can get an idea of the simple changes to the color scheme I wanted for it. The eyes are red instead of the greenish/yellow color they were, I'll see about getting a better closeup of him later.

An "LB" custom for sure, but what do ya think? :)

fce46b97.jpg

fce2b1d9.jpg

Had to slip ol' RIPPER in here, with his typical Dreadnok ride, and the ZARTAN / DAREDEVIL lookin' custom project (incomplete) on his ride as well. :wink:

fce45c5f.jpg

fce45c5d.jpg

fce45c58.jpg

Not bad VH. You almost make me wanna do the same w/ my CLAWS. And Zartan is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Oh and I noticed how you painted Ripper's boots and knee pads. Did the same thing myself, but I used silver on the knee pads.

Thanks fella's! As much as I've detested the CLAWS figure since it's first release in wave 1, I've actually seen some potential in this O-ringed version of him, with only the color scheme to complain about. But I've fixed that little objection as you can see, and rather like this guy all of a sudden. :D

The paints I use on all my custom projects are mostly acrylic's and I use either Citadel or Tamiya brand for these, and are easily found at any of your hobby shops. Lately I've been using a lot of the flat or matt colors since the JvC figures are using more flat colors as well, and they even seem to be easier to work with and dry faster.

I also will use Testors acrylic paints from their Model Masters brand, and they work very nicely. It's all water cleanup and very easy to keep things nice and tidy and quick color changes in between painting parts, no stinky paint thinner hassles and unwanted "highs" in the middle of a project! :wink: But I do use a few enamels from time to time, as I've found that the Silvers & Golds don't streak as much in enamel.

Touching up unfinished paint jobs, restoring old figures whose paint jobs have been tarnished or customizing new and old figures is all part of the fun I get out of the hobby. :D

"Tidy" wouldn't exactly be the best description of my work area though...

welcome to my little shop of horrors, in the corner of my workshop! :lol:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid4...1f/fce4140e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid4...3d/fce412ff.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid4...b8/fce41303.jpg

UH-OH! Caught in the act of my "obsession" as the wife tells me! :o

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid4...be/fce2b1e4.jpg

Because Hasbro thinks kids like goofy colors.

My Zartan got hit with a bad case of "Sephiroth worshipping" because I painted it all black, with silver on the shoulders and on one hand, as well as a grey hood. It looks better than it does with red pants. Even all-black it looks much better.

Hey VH, i can almost hear your g.i joes in your work shop saying "HELP ME, HE'S GONE MAD I TELL YOU, MAAAAAD!!" :lol:

but atleast you got a designated place to do your customs, my girl usualy has a fit when i use the dinning table for my "experiments" :wink:

I wish I had a camera. I've been working on Sephiroth some more. I am using the lower cape from the 1999 Darth Maul, with the front cut off to only be the back half, and Dusty's tiny waste fits perfectly in it so I can use it for Joes, as well as Dusty's legs. I use Zartan's torso because it's so disproportionally over-sized like how Sephiroth's is. It's also perfectly open down the middle like Sephiroth; all I had to do to make it perfect is paint the "X" across the middle. I am using the funskool old Zartan because of the shoulder pads. I also use Zartan's head, but need to add hair now, which is the last thing ledft to do to get the mighty Sephiroth to join Cobra.

Here's a pic of Sephiroth (the one on the right), and hopefully mine will look like that when it's done:

photo.jpg?dc=4675330049692286460