GvC Vehicles?

rodimusconvoy21

We have some decent Joes for this line. However I think we need some vehicles. If you take a look to the past vehicles, you will see the line need to improve in that field. In my opinion:

Brawler: Very good vehicle even with that huge launcher.

Dominator: Good. No more nor less. Good.

Rockslide: Its good, but I dont like that much.

Submantis or Mantis: If I could actually use it in the water like the Devilfish.

Fang III: A good update of the former Fang.

Hiss: I think it could be better if it could hold some more Cobras.

Assault Squad: Ugly!!!

NAC: Beautiful.

Snowcat: I cant review it because I dont own one. I had a Tiger Cat some time ago, but I´ve been told the new Snowcat has some new features I dont know so to be fair, I dont have a word on it.

Rattler: The same thing above. I owned a Tiger Rat some time ago but I think in order of being fair, I must have one in front of me to review it.

Bottom line: We (or at least me) need some new vehicles.

The NAC is the only redeeming vehicle in the entire JvC line... And I'm not being "RAH 4 L1F3!" here, the others are just no good. They're either too blobby or encumbered by spring loaded missiles/sound attack electronics.

I can't wait for the desert NAC... Damn you Viper Hunter for teasing us all with those awesome pics :evil:

Tom

Samus thanks for recall us there is a Sand Razor because I almost forgot it. Actually, I totally forgot it. And I have one. And its true, the most of the vehicle line looks either like a one piece device (because the sound thing) or very unreal.

i do like how they are trying to stay very true to the snake theme for cobra. the strike hiss, with the snake head, the cobra missles on the new wave 5 glider, the snake face on the fang. the vehicle designs are just a smidgen juvinelle. although i love going having cobra vehicles that are over the top.

i used to love the stun with its cobra hub-caps.

I think all the GvC vehicles have sucked bad. I have bought all the RAH repaint stuff just because it goes with my collection, but most of those have had problems too. The new Conquest looks real nice though, and the Snowcat is pretty cool too.

I would kill somebody to get a new WHALE hovercraft though, even if it did come with sound attack.

I agree we need some better vech. I thought the one that are out now are ok. Then I saw the new one that are coming out in 2003 (smoke screen and sky sweeper) and the ones in 2002 started to look a lot better.

General

the sand razor was alright but i got it mainly for the dusty. It would be a lot better if the top gun platform had pannels so they could actuatly shoot the gun and have communications and it stayed where you put it better. Heck i would be much happier with just the last addition.

only JVC vehicle i own is the rattler, and i'll probably get the snow cat also. i just can't force myself to buy any of the other vehicles. and like TOM, i'm not trying to be "RAH 4 LIFE" it's just none of the vehcles appeal to me except the repaints who also suffer from major draw backs :roll:

"NEW" vehicles for the JvC line are definitely at a sorry state, and with the NAC being the only exception to this sentiment, I haven't really been too thrilled about much else. The Strike Hiss would come in at a DISTANT 2nd, but everything else is really sad poor excuses imo.

Don't forget add the Conquest to your list, as well as the Air Assault Glider, Cobra Coil and Road Rebel.

I've gotten 1 each of the RAH repaints: HISS 3, Brawler, Wave Crusher, Dominator, Night Rhino, Rattler, N.L.C., Desert Striker and AWE Striker.

Passed on the Locust (though I would probably get one if I had the chance again, but wasn't really into the color), Man-O-War Submarine, Rockslide (it's a RAH repaint too ya' know) and the GI Joe HQ.

No JvC vehicles except the NAC.

Yes, both RAH and JvC vehicles have their flaws: gimmicks (Sound Attack, BFG shooting missiles), some questionable paint schemes, and the design just plain blew (mostly for the JvC ones). Future JvC vehicles looks pretty bleak as well, but at least they were better than the crap of this year: Assault Quad, HISS 4, Sand Razor, Mantis Sub and FANG 3.

Of the vehicles that have yet to be released, the Cobra Coils is the only one that I think I will get, and get multiples at that. My little mini Cobra Biker gang. 8) The sidecar and the BFG on the sidecar are removeable. Huge plus. Probably get 2-4... depending on my financial status.

The Conquest and Arctic Snowcat are no-brainers for me. The camo paint on the Snowcat is VERY nice.

Air Assault Glider - looks pretty good in the pictures. Simple construction. Though I hear the wings are a little loose when snapped together.

The Skysweeper Jet looks OK, but looks to be seriously underarmed. Sound Attack missiles with handles are ##$%$#ed.

Smokescreen Transport is barely OK, well see what it can do first.

Road Rebel.... I might get it for Big Ben. LOL @-@

Recon 6x6 - Uh... no thanks. I'm no fan of Grunt. Thankfully.

I'm all for Joe and Cobra vehicles that takes a few strides outside the realm of reality like they've done in the past with the RAH vehicles, but I am NOT a fan of vehicles designed to look like snake wildlife or otherwise, as well as missiles that are shaped like snakes... WTF? We're not going down this road, right? :roll:

I have to say from a quality point of view that the new vehicles are better than most of the ARAH vehicles made after 1990. Most of the post 90 stuff is kinda fragile and bland in color. But from a design perspective, it is MUCH better than the JVC stuff. Could be worse, though. They could give us vehicles that you can't really put figures into like they do with another one of their toy lines. :D

Call me crazy, but two COBRA was pretty wicked as well! :D

(all pictures courtesy of yojoe.com vehicle archives)

detonator_title.jpg

earthquake_title.jpg

parasite_left.jpg

Color schemes selected, being the biggest disappointment of these "fantastic" type of vehicles, other than that, I found them to be pretty cool Cobra araments. Reissues of ANY of these would make me giddy and giggle like a little gurl! :lol:

That Earthquake screams..."DREADNOKS!"

I don't think the new vehicles are that bad, but could use some improvements. I'd like to see a couple of actual tanks instead of the tiny one man vehicles. They're cool but are lacking. I'd like to see a newer version of the HAVOC, to me that's the quintessential Joe vehicle. Also, i don't know if i missed it but no one's really mentioned the NIGHT ATTCK CHOPPER. That is definitly one of the best vehicles made, period.

we defiantly need some troop carries for cobra, i wouldn't mind a cobra tomahawk, i know that's odd but why not? they could steal a few and they would make great trooper carriers! but i'd be happy with anything.

Also what about a chairot like serpentor had but for cc? and stick a battle mask and cloth cape on the 0-ring version, sounds good to me.

I don't think the new vehicles are that bad, but could use some improvements. I'd like to see a couple of actual tanks instead of the tiny one man vehicles. They're cool but are lacking. I'd like to see a newer version of the HAVOC, to me that's the quintessential Joe vehicle. Also, i don't know if i missed it but no one's really mentioned the NIGHT ATTCK CHOPPER. That is definitly one of the best vehicles made, period.

A tank is in the works. It's rumored to be called the Annihilator. It'll have the usual Sound Attack and will also be motorized, possibly remote controlled, with a cord or have a few switches like the Mauler. It will also be tricked out with a firing main gun, and will hold up to 5 Joes. Projected price is $35-$40.

The NAC (Night Attack Chopper) has been mentioned several times already.

The NAC is nice. I like the HISS IV, and the Fang III's not bad. The Mantis sub is really cool. The Dominator is okay. I'm looking forward to the Coil, while the other vehicles are wait and see.

The Earthquake is awesome btw. I also like the Detonator and Parasite as well. Hopefully the Annhialator will be a Cobra vehicle.

Call me crazy, but two COBRA was pretty wicked as well!   :D

Color schemes selected, being the biggest disappointment of these "fantastic" type of vehicles, other than that, I found them to be pretty cool Cobra araments.  Reissues of ANY of these would make me giddy and giggle like a little gurl!   :lol:  

That Earthquake screams..."DREADNOKS!"

I agree, I never had a complaint about any of the post 1990 RAH vehicles except for the bad colors. If those vehicles were not neon-colored, they would be totally awesome, and even at that they are still great.

The quality was still top-notch, but the colors were bad. Who said they had "bland" colors and fragile plastic?

Not TRUE. If they re-released any of these, I would get them in multiples.