Zed Hatch's Dio-Stories

1846D7M8

A couple of days of good, healthy, positive (for the most part) conversations and posts with pics about the new Joes, just shot to hell, with one crack on a dio-story creator. :(

I'll have to admit Tom, that I was a little taken back, by how hard you came down on the guys dio's and I can see where that would bring out the defenders as it was, but I'm also noticing here lately, that a lot of people from around the other boards, who have no other input here or add to the posts in any way (lurkers) are jumping in all of a sudden to bash the site as a whole, and lay down some smack on us here, while mentioning where it is they're from and heading back off too! :-?

Somebody's undoubtedly got their little feelings hurt, and has thought to call out the dogs to come here and set us straight or something. :roll: I've got a few ideas on it, but it's becoming fairly obvious in it's intent.

So while I may not agree with Tom on his critique of Zed Hatches dio-story style or the manner in which he chose to "berate" it, I'm more concerned with this other happy horse crap going on. This "ganging-up" on certain board members accused of being more "negative" to JvC, is about as 3rd grade as you can get. :x

Next thing you know, we'll be having TURF WARS!

tom may have been a bit mean but it did not warrant such an attack. Listen up newbies we play nice here(or try to), tom stated his opinions you can state yours but don't blow it up into an arugment.

If you don't like adc then why are you here?

Next thing you know, we'll be having TURF WARS!

were ya' from fooool?!?! dis ADC fo' life beeeetch!! :evil: ...... :lol:

but really guys, have you notice how many arguments have been started by guys with the rank of "nameless thug" lately? :-?

To start, let it be said that I enjoy every single dio-story made...they all reflect an outstanding level of love for GI Joe and I know that they take a decent amount of time to put together.

Furthermore, I have never tried my hand at a dio-story, so in that respect I can be rebuked by the "you never done one so ya don't get the right" argument.

That being said, I certainly don't agree with the way Tom phrased his review of Zed's dios, yet he does have a point. Are they at the level of a Frankovich or Hawk or Serpy? No, not quite. Does his story have depth and is it enjoyable? Yes, it is.

I've never really found the ability to criticize with a tongue like Tom utilized...but as I said, some of what he said definitely had merit. If Zed merely double checked his spelling before putting up each chapter his stories would become supremely better and the fluidity of his stories would also improve due to ease of reading.

Lastly, I don't think that bashing "newbies" (of which I am one) is a valid way of rebuking those who disagree....even if the disagreement is violent in manner. I would hope that no matter how virulently one posts, it all comes back to "the love of the game."

To be fair, there hasn't been too much here at ADC that has made me say "hey, so that's what people are talking about with the ultra-negativity on their Joe boards." Aside from a couple posters which took some getting used to, it really comes down to this: no one bites their tongues here when it comes to reviewing anything or discussing anything. If that's not for you...then you probably won't enjoy reading what is said here.

To Bandalero and the others, I would suggest getting the proof which supports your statements...there are a number of Zed threads in the customs section on the DD boards from which you could probably quote and use if you need help.

Until then...happy holidays.

Anyone who puts their work in the public light expects to be criticized in one way or another, and anyone and everyone has a right to express their opinion.

But I think the real issue at light here, is the way the "criticism" was presented. Rather than merely make some suggestions, the comments were rough, insulting and demeaning, especially considering the person making the comments did not even know the person he was referring to. I think criticizing something you don't like is perfectly fair and no one has a right to complain about that, but when constructive criticism is replaced by comments like "half ##$%$#" I think people have a right to get a little upset.

Zed poors his life and love into the Dios, man...if he likes making them half as much as I like making them, there is a LOT of love there...for the figure line, for the practice...for everything. Criticism is fine...it's warranted...it's EXPECTED. But outright insults and belligerence should neither be expected or encountered. It's not right. I'm sure Zed spends hours a week producing these things, and if it's not up to your standards, that's fine...there is absolutely no problem with that. But tell him where to improve. Make comments, don't sling insults and call names. That's not constructve, that's just rude.

I will admit that I'm not a normal poster here...in fact, I probably came from the same place alot of the other "nameless thugs" came from, but we're just sticking up for a guy who puts his heart and soul into this, and who is probably VERY upset right now. Not because he was criticized...he can handle that. But because his hard work and passion was reduced to the hen-scratches of a "baby" and "half ##$%$#".

Tom, it's evident from some of those other posts that you have some talents with picture taking and dio making...wouldn't it have been more constructive to give Zed some ideas or pointers?

I'm not going to come in here and start slinging mud and tossing profanities, but hopefully you guys realize where a lot of the people who came in here were coming from...I have a feeling Zed himself will post here at some point soon, I just hope he doesn't get ripped a new one, because when it comes right down to it, he loves this hobby and pours his soul into it just as much or MORE than any of you, and he deserves some respect.

Sorry for cluttering up the board with my "newbie" post, but hopefully you guys can realize that we're coming from a good place and just trying to support our buddy...

I guess that's all I have to say...

General

this just proves half no 90% of you sub humans are assholes with nothing better to do than bash things at each turn  :roll:  

#@*% you guys im going to joecustoms ,,,

dang. I never did anything to you, but go ahead and leave if you feel that way.

Nobody needs or wants you here. And after you are gone, you will just be another stupid, forgotten newbie.

I don't really care to comment on this anymore, but because I respect Hawk's work, I'll respond to some of his comments...

No, I would not provide any suggestions or comments to Zed. I don't care to talk to him, mainly because I don't care for his work. I'm not any better than him when it comes to making dioramas or picture-taking, and I never suggested that I was.

I made a very blunt and perhaps harsh comment on the man's project and the inner workings of it all IMO. People keep hanging onto the fact that I mentioned he has a grammar problem, but you miss the bigger picture - His plots are ridiculous. Sgt Slaughter taking out ninja commando teams, the Cobra-La experiments wandering around, Doc berating medics who don't want to focus on healing terrorists (I thought he was a soldier :roll:) and for the love of god, the characterizations range from bizarre to dumb.

Hope that helps!

Tom

I made a very blunt and perhaps harsh comment on the man's project and the inner workings of it all IMO. People keep hanging onto the fact that I mentioned he has a grammar problem, but you miss the bigger picture - His plots are ridiculous. Sgt Slaughter taking out ninja commando teams, the Cobra-La experiments wandering around, Doc berating medics who don't want to focus on healing terrorists (I thought he was a soldier ) and for the love of god, the characterizations range from bizarre to dumb.  

urm, did you READ the part about his father (docs) who was saved by a guy on the other side its called honor

:roll:

What it's called is unbelievable. Doc is a soldier in the defense of the country being attacked by an invading force (according the Zed's story) his last priority should be concern for the enemy.

By the way, his characterization of Doc's good motives are stupid. Cobra is a terrorist organization comprised of motivated psychos fighting out of greed, ambition and ruthlessness... There's no reason to worry about their casulaties.

Tom

Keep in mind the originator of this thread of posts started off with nothing more than the words "I love them" and gave the link to Zeds site. :D

I think most everyone else feels the same way about the dio-stories that are around, and just as I do, gets a real kick out of them. Heck, look how jazzed people were getting at the little bit of farting around with it, Tom was doing himself.

Unfortunately, Tom made some unkind and rather harsh evaluations of Zeds site, about as equal to what some people say about Blaylocks writing skills, and the "scripting" of the storyline seems to be his biggest critique, but Tom's opinion is HIS own, and shouldn't reflect on everyone here at ADC, as being just another part of some reputed "negativity" throughout.

Hopefully, ONE unsatisfied reader isn't going to rattle Zed too much, as I'm sure the support he gets for the fun stuff he's doing is WAAY more than that.

Also, I think it's cool to see some others from around the Joe boards popping in and contributing some discussion on what's all of our favorite subject...G.I.Joe's, and I guess because I get around to some of the other sites as well, I don't really consider everyone "newbies" who finally sign on here, because I've been reading their posts elsewhere for a while already, but that's just me. The more the merry'er! :D

Tom

I have to admit, I am a bit shocked at this whole turn of events. I am not going to say what you did was right or wrong...but I will correct you on one point . Doc caring for "the enemy" is not something that Zed *made up. Doctors, are sworn to save lives regardless of who the person is before them, citizen, criminal, whatever, It is called the hypocratic oath. An oath that states "I SWEAR in the presence of the Almighty and before my family, my teachers and my peers that according to my ability and judgment I will keep this Oath and Stipulation:

TO RECKON all who have taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents and in the same spirit and dedication to impart a knowledge of the art of medicine to others. I will continue with diligence to keep abreast of advances in medicine. I will treat without exception all who seek my ministrations, so long as the treatment of others is not compromised thereby, and I will seek the counsel of particularly skilled physicians where indicated for the benefit of my patient."

Well, Well aren't I the topic of conversation.

First-Guys, I appreacate the support but flame attacks are no way to handle this. Hawk, what you said was a step in the right direction.

Second-Am I upset, Yes, but I do not view this as a refelction of what goes on here at ADC. As for calling out dogs, I did no such thing (if I am reading some implications right). My fellings hurt, not hardly. Just Po'ed in the way this was hidden from me.

Third-Tom, got a problem with me, then bring it to me. You had very little to say about my work and a ton to say about me. And on a board that I do not frequent (kind of looks funny there). As for the dyslexia comment, Yes I have dyslexia, got a problem with it-TOUGH! I have had a lifetime to learn to deal with jerks who make fun of my writing, spelling, grammer, ect nothing new.

But you made it personal-"##$%$#!" Who do you think you are? Are you trying to make someone look bad becuase you don't feel good about yourself-BIG FAILURE!

Whatever critisims you have of my work went out the window the second you made a personal attack on me (called Ad hominim, probably spelled it wrong, but at this point I don't care).

I am not so deluded that I think everyone likes my stuff, but I know plenty who do. You don't like what I do-FINE! But am I forceing you to join in-NO! So lay off.

If you got some personal problem with me, then here I am, but let's keep it between us rather than cluttering up these boards.

Oh, and before you retort with the classic "llok even in your posts your grammer is bad" let me say that if you have nothing constructive to say then keep your mouth shut and you comp off.

PS. Zed is here. :lol:

Well guys welcome to the board

Now this topic is locked.

Tom was harsh but i doubt he meant that he were running around with your left hand loosly banging your chest as you mutter semi incoherant things about "wa-wa" He simply meant you need to spell check, he just said it meanly.

Mental ##$%$#ation is nothing to make fun but how was he to know you realy had deslyxia? Sorry that your made, i hope all of you hang around and contribate to the topics here at adc but this has turned into to big of an argument.

I have not read your work and i'm sure it is good and like many others have stated i'm glad you love joes like me! Keep up the work good or bad, if it what you love. I have written tons of orginal short stories and campeigns for rpgs and i know by now not everyone loves every single bit of it, so don't get discouraged.

NO ONE was newbie bashing, you took to personal and begain yelling to strong. Sorry stitchs and co. You could have simply said, that's a bit harsh i like them and gave examples why, that's all, pretty simple? As for grammer, wow if you read this post,... i'm sure it's horrible (stupid kara system, spell it like it sounds my fat @$$)