Zed Hatch's Dio-Stories

1846D7M8

It's nice that he tries to make dio-stories for us, but the guy writes like he's half a ##$%$#. When browsing Zed's stuff, I feel like he's the toddler who walks around with the house phone and babbles and you're just entertained because he's TRYING to be a big boy.

...Yeah.

Tom

At least he tries. I went to this site a while ago and found that even though many of the scenes seemed rushed and that the story could have used a little more work. At least he's out there adding to the community. I don't think the stuff is bad, it just dosen't have the same polish that others may have. I think your being a little harsh Tom.

V

yeah Tom-1. Isurely wouldn't put my time in making a diorama even thought I spent my time on this board :)

The words I chose may be a little much, but my sentiments aren't. If the guy doesnt have dyslexia, then he should buy a spell checker. Find me one of his dio stories without an obvious spelling error and I'll take it back.

His plots and dialogue are ridiculous, and I really can't take them - which is why I don't read his stuff.

Oh, and it's not contributing to the community if it's stupid. Then it's embarassing and alienates potential fans.

Real dio-stories come from Tim Frankovich, General Hawk and that guy who never finished GI JOE:WARFARE.

Tom

Tom, I brought this up the first time Zed posted on the Devil's Due board a while back, and his reason was that the free time he usually does the typing/whatever else is needed for the finishing touches on his diostories are late at night when he is really tired, or something to that effect.

That being said, I told him very frankly that his dios will never pass Tim Frankovich's or The General's until his grammar and spelling get relatively decent...and now that Serpy is putting together a very fun fight club/SAW Viper spin-off dio story anthology together, we have another source of quality dios that have decent grammar as well.

Lastly, does anyone have the website for GI Joe Warfare? I lost my old favorites and I miss it :cry:

It's too bad Tim Frankovich is giving us the delay treatment...Terror was supposed to be ready for early December...and now he's saying late January. Oh well...

wow Tom, that's really harsh. Rob's not only an awesome guy, but he's really improving. check out the last stuff he did. He DOES screw up spelling on occasion... and that really sticks out to me, as I'm a bit of a grammar and spelling freak. BUT, nonetheless... why would it HAVE to be better than Tim or Hawk's? It's not a competition, they're just having fun with their toys, and letting other people in on their world through hard work.

for quite some time I've argued that there's still decent stuff going on here at ADC boards, but a personal attack on someone who's done nothing but try and let you into his Joe-verse is uncalled for. And basically saying that he should pack it up if he can't compete? Ridiculous.

Let me pose a question:

Which would be better in your eyes

a creator having fun, taking pictures, creating a plot, and sharing his labor of love with whomever might care on the internet...

OR

the creator who does not come by spelling naturally spending too much time frustratingly working at perfection to the point of worrying of delivering his product, in perfection, and on time to a bunch of ungrateful readers, but not ENJOYING what he's doing?

Hey Prime,

I e-mailed him a while ago asking him if he was going to finish his story or if he had decided to stop completely... He said he was looking for a better place to host his stuff. I just hope he shows us one day, I was really into his story.

And seaN - I did check out the latest stuff he's done, and it hasn't improved. Well, it has gotten funnier if that's what you were looking for.

And I don't recall saying it has to be better than Tim or Hawks. If it was anyway close to them, that'd be enough for me - but it's not. He's not good at what he does and I don't have to explain the painfully obvious :-?

Oh and:

for quite some time I've argued that there's still decent stuff going on here at ADC boards, but a personal attack on someone who's done nothing but try and let you into his Joe-verse is uncalled for.

You know where the door is if you want to leave. The 'barely decent' ADC boards aren't begging for your presence.

Tom

Tom-1 is this the sort of intelligent conversation you bring to these boards? You act like a first class jerk, let's see your attempts at a Dio-Story - oh wait you got jack all to show for that I forgot.

Before you start blasting people for @#$# you can't even do better, you should take the time to realize that this guy is trying AND improving - a lot more than most. What's your story anyways? What do you do for this place other than critisize people for trying? If you got some sorta power here and get this post deleted that's fine, I don't plan on sticking around on these forums if there's people like you that contribute garbage.

Well before this thread erupts in a war of words, I wanted to put my 2 cents in on the Dio-stories. I remember a few years ago I was surfing around the net (bored at work, no less. Much the same way I discovered ADC! :lol: ) and came across Tim Frankovich's Diostories. They were (and are still) awesem (I really need to learn how to spell that)!!! In fact his diostories are a big reason why I became such a big G.I. Joe fan again after so many years.

You see, I have always been a very creative person. I enjoy writing, though I am not very good at it, and I have always had a skill at building diorama type sets. Most of what I built was for star trek stories I would write. Anyway as I have gotten older and started working more I have not had a lot of time to make these little "sets". Not to mention I live in a very small apartment and have no workshop to build sets right now. Well when I saw his diostories online it inspired me. For the last few years I have been buliding up my "cast of charactes" (aka G.I.Joe figures) and have even started work on a loose script so that I can begin to "shoot" my diostories. Right now I have almost all the figures I need (except maybe a dozen or so Cobra soldiers. Damn they are expensive!!!) Well I will soon be moving back in w/ my parents (who have a huge basement for me to work in :D ) So hopefully I will soon be able to start work on getting this thing started. The only problem is I have no clue about website hosting so I don't know if I will ever be able to post the pics on line. We shall see. Wow that was a long post... sorry. I am really bored sitting here at work :lol: !!

Tom-1 is this the sort of intelligent conversation you bring to these boards?  You act like a first class jerk, let's see your attempts at a Dio-Story - oh wait you got jack all to show for that I forgot.  

Before you start blasting people for #@*% you can't even do better, you should take the time to realize that this guy is trying AND improving - a lot more than most.  What's your story anyways?  What do you do for this place other than critisize people for trying?  If you got some sorta power here and get this post deleted that's fine, I don't plan on sticking around on these forums if there's people like you that contribute garbage.

I agree that tom is being a litte harsh (I mean Tom come on guy, how can you insult a guy who obviously loves his joes as much as we do) but Bandalero have you checked out Tom's dios in that other thread? (can't think of the title right now). He actually is pretty good. Maybe you should check your facts out b4 you start slinging mud.

I agree that tom is being a litte harsh (I mean Tom come on guy, how can you insult a guy who obviously loves his joes as much as we do) but Bandalero have you checked out Tom's dios in that other thread? (can't think of the title right now). He actually is pretty good. Maybe you should check your facts out b4 you start slinging mud.

I don't have to check his crap because he shows me the maturity of a moron with his uncalled for bashing. I'm not talking out of my hat here, I got my @#$# to back me up also, I'm not just some lurker with nothing to contribute. I just can't sit here and listen to this idiot berate a guy that is trying because Tom-1 aint the God of all G.I. Joe Collectors, so you can kiss his ass all you like.

I never suggested that I was good at dioramas, Bandalero. Why must I be good at something in order to comment on it? Are sports announcers professional atheletes? Are game reviewers suddenly designers too? No, you don't have to be able to create in order to have an opinion, and maybe you'd realize this if you weren't so stupid. :roll:

In closing, I don't have to be a pilot to recognize a crash and burn. 'Think about it.

Tom

I don't know what side of humanity you fall in but where I come from you don't berate or belittle someone for trying their best at something they enjoy doing. You want to b*tch about his spelling mistakes? Maybe he's got dyslexia(sp? frik even I don't know how to spell that lol). So you're going to call him a ##$%$#? Who the hell do you think you are?

No you're pretty pathetic at dioramas, I've looked at your photography and it leaves much to be desired, you don't deserve any sort of credit just cuz you're a jerk. Like that? I didn't think so.

Think before you speak less you make an @$$ of yourself.

:lol: Heh heh Whatever, man... You're annoying as hell and I'm not going to further this topic into the dark side. I stated my opinion of the man's dioramas and his skill as a creator, so there. I may like JvC, but that doesn't mean I accept all the crap I see. :P

Tom

It's nice that he tries to make dio-stories for us, but the guy writes like he's half a ##$%$#. When browsing Zed's stuff, I feel like he's the toddler who walks around with the house phone and babbles and you're just entertained because he's TRYING to be a big boy.  

...Yeah.  

who the #$## do you think you are

first off num nuts

robs one of the nicest guys ive EVER had the chance to talk to

he trys his dammest to make those dios

yeah so what if he messes up with his spelling

could you do any better?

could ya ?

this just proves half no 90% of you sub humans are assholes with nothing better to do than bash things at each turn :roll:

#$## you guys im going to joecustoms ,,,

The words I chose may be a little much, but my sentiments aren't. If the guy doesnt have dyslexia, then he should buy a spell checker. Find me one of his dio stories without an obvious spelling error and I'll take it back.

His plots and dialogue are ridiculous, and I really can't take them - which is why I don't read his stuff.  

Oh, and it's not contributing to the community if it's stupid. Then it's embarassing and alienates potential fans.  

Real dio-stories come from Tim Frankovich, General Hawk and that guy who never finished GI JOE:WARFARE.

Tom

:lol: :lol: hey i thought the same thing as i was reading this guys dio stories before i even looked at TOM'S post. you guys need to stop being sooo freakin sensitive and stop starting unnecessary arguments! i mean damn, is the guy really ##$%$#ed? if he was i could understand the uproar but clearly he's not because he did show SOME intelligence in putting this together. like turning on the computer........

:lol: i was just kidding so don't start running a 2 page post lecturing me @-@