What do You see are the Wave 4 pegwarmers?

firestongue

Short list for me: Wild Bill vs. neoviper...then dart vs. cobra claws.

but mostly wild bill. i think i see at least 2 of him wherever i go. great figures these guys are, but u gotta admit they kinda suck. i figured wild bill would kinda be a dud all along, the poor western bastard.

And dart---isnt he aka recondo?

no he is aka spirit.

Those aren't the peg warmer here, duke vs. ripper and shipwreck and bat are harder to find but the heavy duty vs. skull buster pack is only one in a case and everyone has these! my k-mart has two and didn't even have 2 darts the first time i went! The next time the two skullbusters were there but then two darts but no duke vs. ripper or much of wave 3. I better hurry and grab another snow serphant or two while i got the chance!

I would bet it would be Wild Bill too... It's a shame, he appears to have a much cooler look to him than Shipwreck or Duke!

And I know it's not the question you asked, but when it comes to wave 5 I can tell you right now who'll keep those pegs all warm and toasty : Scalpel Vs. Hacker :-?

Tom

Tom 1: yup, thats my guess for the pegwarmers of wave 5 also...but then again, im wondering now because since ive seen your pics, you succeed in making Scalpel look cool to me! hes a great figure and great idea, its just his off the wall late 70's colored uniform perturbs me.

and one thing im really glad and impressed with Hasbro about is how much of the figures they are rotating out and getting on the shelves...when a wave hits a store its pretty easy to find them, and tho they sell out quite fast, hasbro restocks them either soon or eventually, maybe after a quick run of wave 2 or 3 again. this is good. Mattel needs to take notes.

but then again maybe mattel stuff just sells out quicker, which i think is teh case, but you have to consider that mattel sends one of each figure while hasbro sends 2 or 3.

Tom 1: yup, thats my guess for the pegwarmers of wave 5 also...but then again, im wondering now because since ive seen your pics, you succeed in making Scalpel look cool to me! hes a great figure and great idea, its just his off the wall late 70's colored uniform perturbs me.

Please call me Tom. It is my name :)

Well, I don't mean to say Scalpel and Hacker are bad figures. I just know that a medic and a fairly bland Joe won't do as well as an Iron Grenadier, Tunnel Rat, even Crosshairs and Torpedo.

Scalpel is a very nice figure. He has potential for army building too (But how many medics do you need? :-? ) since you can keep the helmet on all the other Scalpels and let your 'character' Scalpel go around with his face showing.

His scar, sunken cheeks and sharp sideburns really make him a neat new character. I wouldn't suggest you buy him off EBAY, but it's a loss to not have him.

Hacker is however, a less than stellar figure. Not quite a Joe and not quite a Cobra... as if he belongs on the Island of Misfit Toys :lol: But again I gotta say he's a nice figure and I'd say give him a chance, you probly won't be dissapointed! :D

Tom

thanks for the advice Tom.

Buying new toys off ebay is not even an option for me, so thats no problem. though im tempted sometimes, especially with these harder-than-gold to find MOTU figures, i would never go that low. and especially with gi joe, which are quite easy to find due to hasbro actually being nice and liberal with dishing out the joe figures.

so yeah i think i probly will buy a scalpel as well :)

I think its hands down Skull Buster. Here in NY the toys R Us in Times Square has about 5 of these out and they don't seem to be going anywhere. I dosn't help that it's teemed with a lousy non-o-ring rerelease.

To bad I don't have wave 5 yet. YOu guys are getting very jealous with all the wave 5 talk.

V

Since I've only seen two Dart vs. CLAWS and the same Heavy Duty vs. Skullbuster twice, I think they would be the most common....Although the Skullbuster one is supposed to be shortpacked. Oh well....surprisingly the kids who didn't want Heavy Duty the first time around, don't want the same figure still. If Hasbro was intent on giving us a joe figure to go along with Skullbuster, why didn't they give us the white outfit repainted Nunchuck that was scrapped instead of same Heavy Duty, when the repaint we got was much better anyway...Oh well...I guess there is no point to such questions. :evil:

Here's the case assortment for Wave 4:

Duke vs. Ripper x 2

Shipwreck vs. BATs x 2

Wild Bill vs. Neo Viper x 2

Dart vs. CLAWS x 2

Dusty vs. Shock Viper x 1

Beachhead vs Dr. Mindbender x 1

Snake Eyes vs. Cobra Commander x 1

Heavy Duty vs. Skull Buster x 1

Going by this, it's gotta be Beachhead vs. Mindbender.

I was fortunate enough to get the Skull Buster, but that was the only one I got of Wave 4. They did have Dart but I chose Skull Buster instead, but all I had was $10 bucks on me (pack cost $8.65). This would be done 100% because 1.)I always buy RAH figures first, and 2.) Skull Buster was short packed.

I'm gonna pass on Dart anyway. I hate the CLAWS, and Dart's personal weapon is a Sound Attack weapon. And after trying to spend 20 minutes of my life trying to use a razor blade (box cutter really) to cut off the SA tab, and having it look kinda crappy and lose so much detail because of the SA tab, no more getting JvC figures whose main weapon is like that.

The red Shock-Viper is pretty hard to find, as many are Army Building this fine mold with a kick-ass paint job. I like it, ALOT!

Only reason Skull Buster would be a peg warmer at all is because it's freakin' purple. If it was painted better...

And if Wild Bill had a flight suit on, I would buy it too. None of that stupid cowboy crap. So I'm passing on this too.

Scalpel is a very nice figure. He has potential for army building too (But how many medics do you need?  ) since you can keep the helmet on all the other Scalpels and let your 'character' Scalpel go around with his face showing.

That's what I plan on doing. I'll have one without the helmet and armor on flaked by 2 in complete armor :D

Mindbender is in wave 4? funny ! never noticed i thought they were left over wave 3's. Man now i fear i'll get that extra snow seprant, ack!

Tom i'm waiting for someone to say that hasbro bought your soul and you work for them now! :D

LOL Nooo I have no love for Hasbro. If you all want, I can go back to being the negative guy you all knew and love :wink: I'm just really impressed and satisfied with waves 4 and 5, and I really think all the hold-outs should give 'em a shot too!

Tom

It doesn't fit - way too thick. 'Just thought I'd be nice and offer up a spare one if that's all that was keeping you from buying Dart.  

Tom

OK... well thanks anyway. I'm mostly getting these JvC figures for new weapons to give my RAH figures anyway. I likes me weapons. :wink:

ive been eyeballing that red shock viper and may get him eventually...when my walmart finally gets wave 4. gosh i just realized they havent yet, the bastards. i usually get my gi joes from other walmarts anyway.

plus i guess i should get a dusty figure one of these days.

i really like the skullbuster figure. i dont really mind the purple. he reminds me of skeletor a bit, who is partially shrouded in purple. they actually make purple look somwhat cool...somewhat.