GASARAKI

Legato

Sorry, I decided to start after the holidays for two reasons. One, to see what I get for xmas ( :wink: ), and two, I try to watch an episode a day to enjoy each episode and to ponder about the show, christmas would throw it off. But I'll check it out later this week, and have a rough review up by next tuesday.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey. I actually watched the first episode last night. I ended up getting sidetracked by watching Generator Gawl and the holidays.

But here goes:

The show seems pretty cool. The art is solid and reminds me of Spriggan. The mecha are real nice, from what I have seen. There is a red Jeep/truck early in the first half which I loved watching. The story is rather vague, as it should be in the first episode. Something about ancient rituals and some event 8 years earlier....I think the back of box tells more.

But Gasaraki is underway.......more to come........

(I'd write more thorough reviews of other series, but I don't want to spoil things for people, so I leave them vague.)

Ok, saw Number 2 last night. I'm not going to talk about the plot, but I forgot to mention the OP and ED sequences, and menus. First, the DVD has front loaded trailers, instead of the newer discs where the trailers are an extras option. If you have ever seen the trailer to Gasaraki, which a TON of ADV discs have, then you're familiar with the opening song, Message #9. It's very Bjork-ish. The closer is nice too. The menus are cool looking, mixing box art, and computer screens together for a nice effect.

Is it translated into English or do you just sit there and not understand what they're saying, or do you have an understanding of the Japanese language, therefore being able to understand the dialogue?

Well, like most DVDs lately, the show is in english and japanese, with the option for the subtitle track on both. I usually watch in english because I understand that and I like to take in all the art without trying to read the subtitles at the same time. But I have been watching some series in Japanese on the second go round to be fair to the original actors and to see if there is a major difference in scripts as well.