Were any of you in the military?

Tom-1

Again, more of my midnight curiosity :lol:

It's fairly relevant, since I've hard of alot of GI Joe fans eventually decided to join the military... So have any of you? Air Force, Marines, Army, anything at all, I'm curious.

Tom

Yup-- Army Infantryman here. I would say former infantryman but i still consider myself active what with all the grass drills and combat maneuvers i do weekly, along with the voices in my head telling me to kill. ^*^

i bet you just about every day i was in the Army i kicked myself for not going Air Force [they say the chics are hottest there :D ], but looking back i wouldnt trade it for the world.

bosskmr said:

Ex-Marine

i thot all Marines that had been in called themselves "former" marines---all that 'once a marine always a marine' jive. i guess you dont play that game really? i got lots of marine friends...what did you do while in?

RobbieDigital: i got lots of respect for you Coast Guard guys. not only is the work hard [sounds it anyway] but yall dont get no love man...no respect.i salute you guys 100%.

Violentfix: woh, a fellow 11 bang bang! where were stationed man? i was at ft campbell the whole friggin time.

Unfortunatly right after I finished up my training at Benning I ended up in Ft. Leanardwood recoving in the hospital. I developed Paratinitis, due to an ignored appendix ruptureing during feild training exercises.

Never got to go anywhere

V

Firestongue: i got lots of respect for you Coast Guard guys. not only is the work hard [sounds it anyway] but yall dont get no love man...no respect.i salute you guys 100%.

THanks a lot firestongue, even though i'm going to school I still work on the weekends at the station by my house. Yeah us coasties are usually left out of the picture, but its all good we do our job proudly :lol:  

thats cool robbie. will you go in as an officer after school.?

V: sorry to hear that man. are you out now? did they fix you up or do you still have problems? i know how the Army hospitals and veterans program can be...

I appreciate you asking Firestongue

I'm all good now, it was six years ago and any pain that I feel now is minimal in comparison. I'm not in anymore, I spent about three months recovering in the hospital before requesting discharged. It was good thing though, I never would have met my wife if I stayed. I do miss my buddies though, from time to time I get a call and get to hear everything their doing.

I've yet to take advantage of my Vet coverage. And I stay pretty clear of doctors these days.

V

thats cool V. its good that your buddies keep in touch. its few and far between that i hear from any of mine save for one or 2, and so many others ive just lost contact with altogther :(

To answer your question firestongue, yes i'm in a pre-commissioning program. I'm essentually getting paid to go to school, they pay me really well with my housing pay and all. I went to basic this past summer, the military has a lot of options and can do a lot for many people.

Not in any type of militart...yet. Heh, too young and not even in college yet. But my cousin was/is (i never hear from him so i dunno) in the Army.

But anyway, I've considered entering some form of military. Allways wanted to do something for my country. Not the airforce though. Cant because of my glasses with deprive you of being a pilot and if I joined, I'd want to be a pilot so thats out of the question. If I join something it would probably be the navy (i'm allready a diver so that would probably be good) or the army (heh, i've allready been offered the chance to join because the Army has come to my school once trying to get any musicians such as myself to join their bands and whatnot and another time just to recruit anybody). Heh, they'd pay for my college and I'd be doing something forthe country I love but I dunno. Only time will tell.

Their are many reasons i'm going in

1. Give something back to the country

2. Get money for college.

3. I'm gonna go into politics and think that anyone who wants to lead the country should have served it first.

3. I'm gonna go into politics and think that anyone who wants to lead the country should have served it first.

Wow, if only every politician had that credo. :)

You know, for a while I was considering a military career, not too long ago. I was talking to a couple recruiters at my high school college fair. The Air Force guy said that the AF had the highest number of positions for women (either that or it had the highest percentage of women enrolled, something like that), so I was thinking mostly of that military branch. My grandpa was a WWII marine, and I have the utmost respect for servicemen. When I hear some idiot leftish liberal mindlessly bashing the military, it's really hard to stop myself from beating their head in. :evil: :P

The army recruiter I talked to asked if I was a musician (what, do I look like one or something? :lol: )... I said yes, and he gave me this flyer about being an army musician. How awesome would that be. :D You even have to go through 9 weeks of basic to be one... lol! :lol: But the thing is, I almost feel like I'd be a bootleg soldier... how could I call myself a real soldier playing the keyboard wherever, when there were young men sacrificing their lives fighting in Afghanistan thousands of miles away? :-?

Anyway, to all of you who have served this wonderful country... I salute you. :)