Hey wait a minute!

revsears

lots of people have wished that troops that are rereleashed should be kept in the same color, but no hasbro doesn't want hurt collectors, bull crap! Heavy duty was the same as in wave1! beachhead is another repeat! if they can do it with joes why not troops? huh? What the crap hasbro? what the crap? and then the rattler it could have been the same, or a lot closer at least! arg,...

Exactly!

I don't see why they can't release a Viper in one Wave and then release him in the same color scheme in the next wave. They could even do this for an entire year. Each Wave consisting of the same Viper (or another troop builder) in the same color scheme. That way, at the end of the year, you would have a nice small army of Vipers!

It makes perfect sense to me, and I don't see why parents wouldn't go for it. 8)

Let's be real here...parents wouldn't go for it because many of them (including mine when I was younger) could see NO possible explanation behind buying the same figure more than once for their kiddies. The only way to keep releasing the same figure, same color IMO would be to switch to the single figure per card figure of old...and I thought that Wally World was giving the big N-O to that one.

If you have trouble finding green Vipers or blue Alley Vipers, you should move to central Connecticut...we have a buttload of 'em.

I personally wish I could find the black Vipers and the red AV's...I only have 5 and 4 of each, respectively, and really want more. *Sigh*

Parents would go for it if Hasbro promoted army building. All they would have to do is put "Build Your Cobra Army!" on the backs of the cards or they could even say it at the end of a commercial.

As it stands now, most Kids and Parents probably don't even know that Viper isn't a singular character. All it would take is for Hasbro to do a little army builder promotion and most parents would go for it.

That's not always the case. Sometimes parents are out shopping for their child's Birthday. Sometimes Parents are out shopping for Christmas.

Hasbro has to make the kids excited about army building. They have to get the kids hooked! ADVERTISE! :)

I think it is pretty clear Hasbro has no intention of promoting army building. At least with JvC. If you want to buil an army of bats you have to buy an arny of shipwrecks.

they won't but they should, and then buy the same argument they won't buy heavy duty or even snake eyes or duke if they are confused, and do you realy think many parents keep track?

I think it is pretty clear Hasbro has no intention of promoting army building. At least with JvC. If you want to buil an army of bats you have to buy an arny of shipwrecks.

Then what about The BAT 6 pack or Python Patrol?

I think that they're testing army builder packs....

The Battle Points are not for anything yet. They are merely on the package so that, in the future, should Hasbro have a use for them, they're already part of the packaging layout (IE, Hasbro wont have to make any room on the already crammed package for them, because they're already standardized).

If there is a mail-away, however, it'l require Battle Points off a future figure, along with UPC codes, and possibly a receipt. So the current Battle Points are completely worthless. For the moment, they're just a novelty.

I straddle the fence. The recolors for the army builders I don't mind. That way if we have a dud color, we're not getting it in 3 or 4 waves.

As for children and army building, I'm not sure how big it is. When I was a child, neither my friends nor I particularly cared about the generic Cobra troops(except for the BAT). Our favorites were the characters, as we could attach personalities to them.

Just because little kids don't go for it doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. I don't see why Hasbro can't cater to the collectors a bit. Thats what they're doing with the reissues of Gi figures. Why not come out with a two pack of Neo Vipers of other troops, or an army builder set like the BATS. I think they could make a shitload of money off collectors from it. Even though little kids wouldn't buy it collectors would make up for it seeing as how they would more than likely buy several packages. I know I would buy a couple. Maybe someone should start a petition.

It seems to me that Hasbro is treading the water of catering to collectors by releasing the online exclusive BAT pack. The figures are pretty kick ace, and if we buy enough of them (which it seems like quite a few people are army super-building with this thing) they'll probably push more army-builders our way in the future.

To be honest, I think that the Python Patrol color scheme is pretty cool, and if the figures are done well maybe we'll be lucky enough to see some vehicles Pythonized in repaint form as well (I wouldn't mind a REAL HISS...we know that there's at least one of the molds left due to its release with the 2-packs of 2000.) I'm a little ticked off to hear that the Major Bludd isn't going to be the one that was included in the 2 pack with the Rock Viper though...I think that is the quintessential Major Bludd figure. Ah well...I'm still buying at least one of 'em.

seems to be too they are testing but i hate the idea of python patrol! eck! i think that petition may be needed just to demand good army builders!!