scenario: your contribution

martini_847

My favorite aunt died, leaving me close to 487 million dollars. I have decided that I will help Hasbro offset their last quarters losses in exchange for a small favor. I want to design one "wave" of Joe vs Cobra figures. Knowing a deal when they hear one, they leap at the opportunity. I now have all of hasbro's designers, and sculpters at my disposal. The only thing they lack is inspiration... Now I KNOW that alot of you have some really good ideas out there, so now it is time to tap that vast knowledge and describe to the group, the ONE figure you would design for this special wave. *bearing in mind, that it can be a repaint of an existing figure, or a complete resculpt. we wont be changing the plastic type...but anything else goes. Be specific, for types of outfits, color scheme, why you chose that character etc....have fun with it and share it with the group

1. I thought Hasbro's profits have been up lately.

2. If you have that much money then f*** Hasbro; give it to me. :P

3. Unless Hasbro acts like a pharmaceutical company and spends more on marketing than everything else combined, there isn't even the slightest chance in hell that it costs $400 million to develop a wave of figures.

:D this is gonna be sooo fun! o.k lets see, i know there are so many diffrent versions of DUKE right now but since he is my favorite i'll take the time to do him justice. i get tired of seeing him in camo all the time and i think i would ask you to do a commando version of him.kinda how he looked in issue # 5 in the comic when he was chasing after MAJOR BLUDD. i would want him in all black with two removable hosters that make an "X" across his chest when they are on and of course two pistols could be removed from them.than i would want him to have a removable side arm on his hip and a removable knife that has a holder attached to his boot. his black outfit should be like a body suite were you can see muscle detail like a six pack,his chest and even in his legs.he should also be wearing black gloves and also a very very thin removable mask made out of rubber. and of course an O ring!! also i would like to see his face age a little since he's been apart of G.I JOE so long, maybe some wrinkles around his eyes kinda like the 89' rock 'n' roll and a lite stubble like he's been in the field awhile. as far as his weapons go i would want him to come with a plastic duffle bag that fits a snipper rifle, a back pack with a removable machete on one side an a removable uzi on the other side. than in his hand he would be given some sort of assault rifle with an infra red scope on it.

if you made me a duke like that i wouldn't give a damn about the plastic :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)- :)-

after that i would probably be kissing your butt all the time saying "MARTINI is smart", " did you read MARTINI's latest post, he really knows how to type" just so i could get you to let me design ALL the DREADNOKS over!!! :lol: ... :wink:

I would choose 12" figures that are actually of a decent quality, and with die-cast accessories, like the BBI's are.

All ARAH V.1's unless noted:

Baroness

Zartan

Flint

Cobra Commander (plated face plate)

Destro (plated head; silver paint just looks generic)

Storm Shadow

Snake Eyes V.2

Viper

BAT

Scarlett

Firefly (imagine him with a die-cast BBI sniper rifle that can be disassembled and put into a briefcase)

It's wishful thinking though. Hasbro won't make good-quality 12" ones because of their credo of "our 12" Joes are generic crap because today's kids like generic crap, and anyone who says otherwise is old and wrong."

Even the Star Wars 12"'s are better than the 12" POS's being sold with the Joe name on them.

well i'm torn (this isn't real just a sceniro and a fun one!) i could try to make my novel char into a new joe lol, i could ask for better dreadnoks, and there's plenty coming out that make my wish list (hopefully lady jay!) But my biggest want would be (oh geeze what about vipers and officers arg! so hard to chose) A deluxe edition cobra commander. he would come in a pack by himself with tons of crap, a cool thrown, a black cloth cap with plastic snakes that magneticly stick to the fig (so there is no holes) it is sculpted to be like the orginal cobra commander from the toon, exactly! on his head will be the metal mask, but you can switch heads! to two more choices! both the mask of course, one would be the gvc version, the other the old school cloth version. it would come with one classic cc gun, and sound tabless staff, his hands molded to fit these! and there would be a variant of it in all black with a silver staff and throne instead of gold.

we-haw! that would be an awsome fig!

First I would hire an awesome sculptor, and I would design a new Zartan. He would come in an outfit similar to his original one in the original colors, complete with removable armor pieces that have holographic colors in the clear parts, and I would make him a removable head with light-pipe green eyes. But why removable, you ask? So you could have him change personalities of course! He would come with some interchangeable armor pieces that would allow him to change identities, ala Spy Troops. (He is a master of disguise, you know!) He would have his mask, backpack and cool pistol, along with a sniper rifle. (I just always thought Zartan screamed sniper.) I would also have him come with a cool new swamp skier that looked like a 4-wheeler with skis instead of wheels. Knowing all of this, he would have to be some sort of boxed deluxe figure of course, and he would have a swivel neck, wrists, and thighs along with the rest of the traditional articulation. (That does NOT include ankle joints!) And I would release different "expansion packs" if you will; more armor pieces to allow for more identities for him to take on.

And yes, he would also turn blue in the sunlight! :D

I would hire a really awesome sculptor like the Four Horsemen. Then I would have them make the jawesomest Serpentor evar! He would be decked out and come with an Air Chariot.

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt, martini.

Okay, my one figure that I want to see is...THE COBRA SOLDIER.

Keep the color and sculpt, but give him a modified AK-47, uzi, and Grenade. Or better yet, a wave of Cobra Soldiers, Officers, Vipers, and the two head snakes: CC and Serpentor all in two packs. I'd put CC in his classic battleuniform, but give him a detattchable cape. Serpentor leave him be and give him his chariot back. To top off the wave, include the classic Trubble Bubble with Cobra Soldier in classic colors. There, my wave.