MISB OR OPEN  

1. 1. MISB OR OPEN

• OPEN
    • MISB

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MISB is an Art. ACtually most people collect sealed and loose transformers. I dont think there are too many people that just collect one or the other. Best way to go is to buy both :) leave one sealed on opened.

Not me. Im sticking to JUST Boxed and carded. Some will be opened from time to time when I get bored and want to play with one or two. But the most of them will stay sealed for ever!

I really love the look of the boxed ones as apposed to the loose ones. And keeping them sealed keeps my transformers newer longer.

Theres an ancient Chinese proverb I usually refer to when asked about MIB...

"Don't worry to much about sh*t you cant take with you when you die."

I'll open em and enjoy em..so in my deathbed i'll be looking at the TF's Ive played with and touched..and I wont be staring at a wall of boxes wondering what the hell I was thinking.

Plus...in heaven God keeps his open.. you try keeping them MIB for eternity.

I'll open em and enjoy em..so in my deathbed i'll be looking at the TF's Ive played with and touched..and I wont be staring at a wall of boxes wondering what the hell I was thinking.

well said! i agree completely! :D

Good point Skree... :D

I agree with that proverb all the way.

Playing with your toys no matter what age you are is one of the secrets associated with living forever.. I wont tell you the rest...that wouldnt be fair. :)

VIVA LA LOOSE!!!

Playing with your toys no matter what age you are is one of the secrets associated with living forever.. I wont tell  you the rest...that wouldnt be fair. :)

VIVA LA LOOSE!!!

But you forget.. CD is a Master Trainer... Poke'Mon

lol.. I think if your 15 and older, and you still feel the need to play with toys.. you have some issues  @-@

Oh really... if i remember correctly... the CD i was first introduced to when i came to this board played with toys... and didnt give much thought to misb... :D

This is true, but he is on top of the TF game now... Not the same ol immature CD we knew like... a week ago! :lol:

So is it just me and CD on the boxed side? I have about 250+ of trannys now and only 15 are opned, not including my original G1s when I opened when I was little. Man, I have the targetmaster hotrod with the error box. It sells for $500+ on ebay often. An opened one goes for $80+. If I've never opened it, think of how many reissues and Armadas I could buy if I sold just that hotrod?!?! This has made me paranoid about opening stuff up. But, MISB gives me a satisfaction some how and I fell more secure if they stay that way. I only open 1 if I have mutiple copies of it. Otherwise if I really want to play with it, I buy a loose one 8)

I dont have anything rare yet. but I plan on picking some up once I get working. only thinkg Kind of rare is that first version armada Hot Shot, before they resculpted his face.. but I dont think that counts..

so far all the transformers I have MIB and MOC are

Armada

Optimus Prime w/trailer S

Hot Shot S

Demolisher S

Air Defense Team S

Street Action Team S

Red Alert O

Starscream O

RiD

Hero 3 pack O

Roll bar S

Prowl and Sideswipe 2 pack S

HOC

Optimus Prime S

Megatron O

Arcee S

Starscream S

Skywarp S

Apex Armour Prime O

Beast Machines

Nightscream S

G1

Seaspray S

ones marked with an S are sealed, and ones with an O were opened and put back in.

then I have X-brawn getting me RiD ruination, and a bunch or Armada for christmas.

I don't know if I am going to sell them or not. I love them too much. But if I do, I know they will be worth more unopened. I will not give them to my kids b/c they will tear them apart. I will just buy transformers of their time. I might give it to them if they are older like 18.

CD, I didn't know hotshot's face was remade? What was it originally, with or without the opend mouth?

I don't know if I am going to sell them or not.  I love them too much.  But if I do, I know they will be worth more unopened.  I will not give them to my kids b/c they will tear them apart.  I will just buy transformers of their time.  I might give it to them if they are older like 18.

CD, I didn't know hotshot's face was remade?  What was it originally, with or without the opend mouth?

Does anyone have pictures of both faces...

• 8 months later...