x-mas present dilema

ladyliquid

my b/f wants an anime movie, or a box set. the problem is that i don't know which one to buy :(

i was wondering if you guys would help me decide....here are some of the movies and series he likes and has:

Cowboy Bebop

Princess Mononoke

Record of Lodoss War

Akira

some episodes of Love Hina

Those who Hunt Elves

Bastard

.......and he loves Miyazaki's films!

he has a lot more but i only remeber those

maybe you can tell me any movie or series he might like....

thanx! :wink:

Well, off the top of my head.

Another Miyazaki film is My Neighbor Totoro.

Outlaw Star is kinda like Cowboy Bebop. Both are space action shows with bounty hunter/wiseass characters in charge. It is available in three 2-DVD sets or as a box set with all three sets together. From Bandai.

I've read Sorcerer Hunters is pretty good and entertaining if you like Those Who Hunt Elves. It's on four DVDs from ADV.

Metropolis is always a good movie to pick up.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a personal favorite. But this is just a plug for my show! 8 DVDs or as the Perfect Collection box set from ADV.

I hope this helps a bit.

if My Neighbor Totoro is the one about the two thieves, then he has it :-?

Outlaw Star sounds good, and Sorcerer Hunter

what is Metropolis about??

what is Trigun about?? :-?

i wanna know what they are about so i can tell if its the kind that he likes or not :wink:

Hey, no prob! I'm glad I can help out a girlfriend shopping for her boyfriend. My girl does not know where to begin at all, and really has no interest in anime or transformers (as my name indicates), so knowing there are girls out there who are interested is very cool.

Disclaimer: I'm not trashing my girl at all, so if she read this, she can't kick my ass. You're awesome, honey. Don't hurt me.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

yea, i really like it...if my budget would be a little higher i would buy many movies and series that i'd love to own, but for now, i just watch my bf's :)

you did good in clarifying that for your gf :wink: :P

i found out that he wants a mecha series............i've found some kool ones

but i'd like to know what do you think about Berserk?

yea! i've read a lot of reviews about it and the way the people describe it....

like, so dramatic and the situations around the characters....sounds cool! :)

i've finally decided to buy him Boogiebop Phantom, according to many reviews the movie is great, great mecha, well done plot.....and since he's not going after any series that look like Cowboy Bebop this time, i'm getting Boogiebop.

oh, and i discovered that he's buying me the DVD set of Serial Experiments Lain :)- :)- .......my personal favorite! :D

well, the best reviews i found were at www.animeworld.com they're very complete....

and thanx for the advices on the series :D