Making 1:18 versions of RiD car brothers.

Nope

Hey guys. I'm bored and Decided to take 3 of my 1:18 scale die-cast cars, and turn them into Robots in disguise, X-brawn, Side Burn, and Prowl.

I'll be sacrificing 3 of my cars, 2 of which I wont be able to buy again, but I picked ones that we'rent really worth THAT much anyways..

For Sideburn, I took my Bburago `93 Dodge Viper, GTS Coupe.. I choose my white one, because of the white border sideburn has on his flames.. it would be WAY easier to just mask off the white part, then it would be to mask off the rest and paint the white part.. and im not planning on spending 30 bucks on customized decals ;) Also I plan on Modifying the hood to support Sideburns engine.. I plan on making the engine, but I dont know how.. haha.. but I'll figure it out, hopefully with some of your guys help and what to make it out of ;)

bb3375.jpgsideburn1.jpg

For Prowl, I picked my Maisto `95 Lamborghini Diablo SE30 Jota. I choose this one which isn't the same type of Diablo as Prowl, btu I choose this because I do have a Diablo the same as prowl, but its a rare special edition car that was only made so many of.. and I dont plan on even touching it with my bare hands any time soon ;) so I choose the Jota, because its kinda similar in style, but the rear engine compartment is different. the jota has twin air intakes built into the trunk lid, where the diablo 5.0 doesn't. but doesn't really matter I guess.. I have another Diablo 6.0 as well, but it doesnt have the rear spoiler. Alas I need to Get something to build the Police Lights to mount on the roof.. again if anyone could help me out with what type of product I can use to do that. I would appreciate it :) I prefer it to be clear/transparent for all the parts I need, hence the police lights need to be transparent. I've got special paint I can buy to paint them see through but still make em red so that's all good :)

mai31829.jpgvm.gif

And For X-brawn I choose my Maisto Mercedes Benz ML 55 AMG, it is almost identical to X-brawn, cept the hood mold is different on X-brawn.. but doesn't make much difference :) still the same truck. The one I have is already is Silver so nto too much painting to do on him, just the black and dark green in different parts, the back will be the trickiest cuz of the fading from green to silver. but the hard part is I will need to make lots of pieces for this guy, the front and side bars that go under and beside the SUV, and the rear tire holder. I have an extra tire out of the back of the Viper I can use and just cover it with a layer of something to get a good round tire holder, and figure some way to mount it to the back of the truck. still gotta do some work on that ;)

mai_31876_more.jpgvm.gif

I plan on taking all hte cars apart, priming all the pieces and using glossy rust paint which works very very well on metal surfaces.. I know this cuz I've used it on cars before ;) and it doesn't scratch either, and polishes up very well. I plan on using sticker sheets to mask off certain area''s and help make disigns like sideburns flames, and prowls black parts on the front..sticker sheets are easy tro draw on, cut out, stick on, and peel off very easy :) soo nice to mask off small area's and dont peel off while trying to paint the area as some tapes do cuz tape isn't adheasent enough. well depends on the kind of stickers I guess ;)

plus I need some clear like sculpey stuff to make parts out of, transparent window paint, in yellow and red for sideburns windows and the cop car lights. and a sticker sheet of Autobot stickers.. which I can get from repolabel.com.. if the sight would work for me ;)

so yep yep

Ok. Im still tying to get paint and primer for these guys. I have blue for Sideburns body.. but I havn't been able to get to town yet.. blah.. hehe

Living out in the country stinks ;)

I have them all apart on the floor ready to be primered. I can't wait to get started on them! I hope they turn out ok.

Oh I will!! :) I hope to get some checks in the mail tomorow hopefully.. maybe I can finally start these suckers!

I've been waiting for a few extra bucks so I can buy some primer and get started. I only need like 40 bucks in paint and supplies really. I need to make several parts. but that's ok :) Iim sure I'll figure it out hehe