Which films...

Darthmaul33

Sometimes. Most of the time I just make up my own story. Like this Fisher Price Stuntman figure, he had blue stripes with white stars running down each leg. I named him "Johnny Danger" and I would use him with my Joes. I still would, but I lost him a few years ago.

A majority of the time I used to use G.I.Joes as wrestlers. We have the old Hasbro WWF wrestling ring and I would use that with the Joes. I named it the WWA, and I would even have Pay-Per-Views. My older Brother also did this except his federation was called the IWF or something to that effect and he would do asinine moves with the figures. One was called the "Dick Smash". It's where one 'wrestler' would jump up in the air and hit another wrestler (with his crotch) while they were running. I remember this because it was just cra-zy! He would also take my Joes when I was asleep and play with them. :(

I got a little off-topic, but I think you get a sense of what inspires me. I can't remember any movies that exactly inspired me. There's probably alot, but I can't remember. :)

I used the aliens from the Predator and Aliens toys when I played with my Joes. It gave me some cooler monsters for the Mega Marines to fight.

Once I had my Joes and Cobra's get sent to Eternia and used MOTU toys with them.

I used a Robocop figure as some weapon that Cobra made.

I used the Hive from the Sectaurs for a CobraLa base.

I don't think I ever really reinacted any movies though.

predator and aliens once or twice but i mainly just watched the show and used apocalptic setting.

a good movie from today to use would be resident evil.

I usually would dream up scenarios for the Joes on many a daydreaming moments at work, and YES, movies would have alot to do with the visions of action and plots I dreamt up!

ALIENS was of course a big one, and I also purchased many of the alien figures from that line, to incorporate into my Joe world. I also like to roundup a handful of Joes for special missions, that usually results in very few coming back! This of course would follow a theme I picked up from watching the movie "The Dirty Dozen" a buhzillion times.

Single figure action scenarios sneaking into the Cobra mountain top TerrorDrome location, would involve James Bond type themes, and usually consist of Snake-Eyes, Chuckles head on SE's body for night ops look (instead of Hawaiian shirt) or Tunnel Rat would fit the role here.

This will make the "spy troops" theme work VERY well for me, for it's duration, and by next year, the theme will be something else..I love it!

One of the best sequences from the "G.I.Joe the Movie" IMO, is when Slaughter and the Renegades hop on the Devil Bats and infiltrate the Cobra base, and this works it's way into many of my thought up adventures, and was the sole reason for my extra purchases of the mail order Devil Bats long ago.

I guess in short, whenever I see a good action, adventure, sci-fi, futuristic type movie, I can't help but think of cool play scenes I could be acting out with my Joes!

Oh yeah, "Starship Troopers" had some good elements for the Sci-Fi battles.

i use to act out the latest movies i had just seen with my g.i joes. my favorite movies to act would be BLADE RUNNER,JAMES BOND 007,THE RUNNING MAN, CONAN,ROAD WARRIOR, and yes, even STAR WARS :wink: i would make DUKE luke skywalker and when i played MAD MAX i would make THRASHOR play mel gibson's part and the thunder machine his vehicle.

Thrasor a main hero? how weird! you have a lot of imagination.

i'll take that as a complement :wink:

but you're right, i always had a great imagination especially when i was a kid. THRASHOR was also my LION -O when i played thundercats. he had that glove that i pretended was the same lion-o used and he had a chest plate that revealed his stomach and plus his hair stuck up like lion-o's hair. SNAKE EYES was my PANTHRO and my snowcat was the THUNDERTANK. :D

but you're right, i always had a great imagination especially when i was a kid. THRASHOR was also my LION -O when i played thundercats. he had that glove that i pretended was the same lion-o used and he had a chest plate that revealed his stomach and plus his hair stuck up like lion-o's hair. SNAKE EYES was my PANTHRO and my snowcat was the THUNDERTANK. :D

You played thundercats with your gijoes? thats not imagination that insanity @-@ you maybe should get some help :wink:

TM

You played thundercats with your gijoes? thats not imagination that insanity @-@ you maybe should get some help :wink:

TM

what can i say, i always had intrest in diffrent cartoons super heros but i only collected he man and g.i joes. so since my parents spent a small fortune on them i had to make do with what i had :wink:

I used them as zelda characters, luke for link but most where joes, and a whole lot were not in a game but it was still based on it.

remember nintendo's "DOUBLE DRAGON" i loved that game, it was the first video game i ever beat. i use to act the game out with my g.i joes and make TOMAX and XAMOT the main two characters.

i was also and still am a big BRUCE LEE movie fan and i used to make QUICK KICK into BRUCE LEE when i would act out his movies. you think BRUCE LEE could whip STORM SHADOW?

I once wrote out an entire story basing the Joes off of Golden Eye. I had different Cobra troops instead of Russian troops. Different Joes going to different locations. Putting a big Cobra guy in charge of major areas. It was kinda fun doing that.

I would act out movies like the original terminator

*the descimated planet controled by machines part

I also would use the dawn of the dead, where my joes were being hunted by zombies...

I loved to use my captain power figures as "the joe team from a distant future" they would time travel or the current joes would.

most of my play was never very sunny and happy and it hardly ever took place in normal america.

it was always a world ruled by cobra, or it was devistated apocolypse, or natural disaster...or a bleak future where the team was needed to rebuild and lead...