hotwheels

revsears

Does anyone here like or collect them? i have a bunch and never realy wanted to get into them, but my cousins got me into it. I have all the 98 collecters series among plenty others if anyone is interested please reply

• 9 months later...
  • 13 years later...

I gotta say every now & then I'll pick up a Hotwheel or two.....I usually only go for Cartoon Vehicles...I found "The Homer" 2 years ago....I'm still looking for Homers Sedan....don't know why....but I was out looking for Deadpool at Walgreens & came across the "Yellow Submarine".....odd Hotwheel but now in my collection of Misfit Toys.....

20161120_141200_zpsufw35w8d.jpg

I like the Monster Trucks too....My nephew loves them, I almost bought Grave Digger but I put it back.....haha....I'm collecting too many lines currently & need to slow my roll...trying to plan a vacation to anywhere but here currently...haha

Went to the grocery store & they had an huge Hotwheels display....hadn't noticed that before, I'm still looking for the Simpsons sedan....didn't find that but I did manage to score some good stuff......I guess I'm eating Hotwheels for dinner sometime this week....

IMG_20161218_200139_zpsde24nazd.jpg

Gah!! The Warthog!! I must have it...

I almost started a Hot Wheels collection a few years ago...I accumulated about a dozen or so, then got rid of most of them not long after. I guess at the time I felt like I didn't need to start yet another collection. It's fun and very affordable, but I understand it can get out of hand really quick for those very reasons. I enjoyed the "niche-collecting" nature of it, as it were, such as only focusing on certain kinds of cars or specific themes. I personally focused on cars that sported futuristic designs, flame-jobs, metallic-flake paint, movie-related cars, and ones that sported the "Hot Wheels" logo. Geeze, GD...if you aren't careful, you may just inadvertently get me started back up. (lol) I really want that Warthog...

Actually, now that I think about it...I think I still have a HW Batmobile and a BTTF Delorian stored-away somewhere that I hung onto.

• Like 1

I collect Hotwheels occasionally....the TV & Movie & Cartoon vehicles are always faves......the Warthog was the 1st thing I saw as I walked up to the display.....looks like somebody picked over the display as all the Scooby Vans were gone but one....I got a few extra "cars" for my sister & brother in law & my GF....if you can't find an Warthog, I have an extra...I like hotwheels but I'm not impressed w/all the crazy colors & schemes they have nowadays....buttttt I keep my eyes open for what I consider "cool stuff"...I have the Delorian & the Batmobile put away somewhere....I'm still looking for the Simpsons sedan...I have the Homer as well.....

• 2 months later...

You know WJ, I pretty much buy what catches my eye as well....I like the classic designs...I don't really buy all the super busy paint designs...I think they're cool too but I'm a classics man.....Sooo the other day at work I was sans chips for my turkey sammich so I ventured across the street to Walgreens.....I always check it occasionally to see if they got anything coolio...I thought at least an C3PO or something but they had nadda.....my last go to toy-fix is usually the Hotwheels....I did a quick scan through their pegs & then I found the endcap display....they had one lone Batwing or "the Bat"....not bad...I checked for more but that was it...someone had been through them already....

IMG_20170228_195956_zpskvjm5yy7.jpg

the quote "where does he get those wonderful toys?" comes to mind....but a unchecked multi-billion dollar conglomerate developing unparalleled weapons of terror is the logical answer to that question....looks cool...innit?...I just can't take them out of the package for some damned reason....still looking for the Blues Mobile.....cmon Hotwheels...Jake & Elwood are on a mission...