Anyone read Frontline #1 yet

JayC

Benitez should do the art!

Dan Jurgens?

The art is done by a former Joe artist wasnt he? Look slike the old 80s comic art..I thought people would like this? the problem with these books is you got to many areas with to many different people wanting different things...geesh.

did anybody catch that snake eyes had his mask off in the van? i thot he never takes it off. im pretty sure its him...scarlett is next to him and they are talking about stuff.

I take it you haven't been following the regular DD G.I. Joe series?? (issue where SE has a super cheesy grin on his face proposing to Scarlett??!! :evil: :evil: **BBBLLARRRRGHHH!!!!!*** :evil: :evil: )

In the comics, Snake Eyes show his face from time to time . . . and I think making him blonde was ridiculous since we already have Duke and Hawk, so it just makes it more confusing sometimes.

There's always been a running debate about whether or not they should have ever unmasked him, and I'm one that tends to think that they should not have, especially given how they did it.

In the comics, Snake Eyes show his face from time to time . . . and I think making him blonde was ridiculous since we already have Duke and Hawk, so it just makes it more confusing sometimes.  

There's always been a running debate about whether or not they should have ever unmasked him, and I'm one that tends to think that they should not have, especially given how they did it.

said tfheadon.

i agree man. especially about him looking like Duke. this is dumb. and no i havent been reading the other series. i wish i wouldve started from the beginning tho, but hey , thats one less thing to spend money on.

and nah, they might as well shouldve just left the mask on.

To be honest, you're not missing a whole lot. The writing is pretty boring, and the art is super uneven. Everyone got "suckered" by the cool J. Scott Campbell covers, and the nostalgia trip. If the latest issue with the berserk BAT hadn't been probably the coolest issue so far, (splash pages!! finally!!!!) I would have dropped the book long ago.

Let me start of by saying that I was very excited to pick up this book and after reading it I can tell you that I will not be spending the $3. on #2 and I regret waisting my $3. on #1. The story was beyond bad, it was just plain stupid and the art was as sorry as it can get for a Gi Joe book!! The Gi Joe from Devil's Due puts Front Line to shame! I know that it's Hama and all but the book was a let down for me.

I finally read it and I thought it was pretty decent but I don't like how Scarlett is being a major pain in the ass and trying to control Snake-Eyes... You know he is about to go off and go ninja-style on her... :lol:

Okay, I FINALLY got Frontline #1... three weeks late. :roll: Along with GI Joe #11. This is where I would normally rant about how I hate not having my driver's license... ;)

But anyway. I read Frontline, and thought it was... okay. I suppose it could have been much worse. I liked the feel of the story, and the pace... it seemed like a cartoon episode to me. Not one of my favorite episodes, but an episode nonetheless. ;)

The plot itself is pretty good, I think. The Joes have to protect a secret (heh) shipment against Cobra forces. Standard stuff. To make it a little more interesting, the writers reveal the juggler's ulterior motives. Nice little twist. If Frontline continues publishing plots like this, I don't see why I should stop buying the comics.

I thought the artwork was... okay. (Sorry if it seems like I'm neutral on everything, I know that can be annoying sometimes! :oops: ) I liked how everything was pretty much consistant. I look at the Devil's Due GI Joe comic, when Steve Kurth was pencilling, and I CANNOT STAND how the same Joe looks completely different from one panel to the next. It's my biggest pet peeve in comic art. How good is a comic book artist if he can't do a consistant job?! (note: everyone seems to compliment Kurth on how he's 'improved' from doing GI Joe#1 to GI Joe#9. Um... IMO he should have done all that improving before he got the job. But anyway, back on the subject...)

I did like how Dan Jurgens drew Scarlett. I'm no feminazi, but I find that often times great pencillers trip over themselves when trying to draw females. :lol: She's consistantly drawn, and looks like cartoon Scarlett, without the tackiness (somehow. ;)).

I didn't like how Scarlett was acting. She always kinda got on my nerves... this issue was no different. Bah.

I finally read it and I thought it was pretty decent but I don't like how Scarlett is being a major pain in the ass and trying to control Snake-Eyes... You know he is about to go off and go ninja-style on her...

Yeah... exactly... :lol:

Oh, and I really wasn't used to how General Hawk looked...! @*- Did he look like this in the regular Marvel Joe comic? (I've only read a couple issues of that... and none with Hawk in them.) I'm used to the cartoon equivalent... and here's some suave, really different-looking dude. :o Took a little getting used to, but that's not really grounds for complaining, I guess. :P

So looks like I'll be buying issue 2. Not bad, overall. 8)

and in closing, why can't G.I. Joe ever get a GOOD FREAKING ARTIST????!!!!!  HELLO??!!!!!

Yeah... lol! :lol: