I caved in!!

Lady Jaye

Well I am trying very hard not to get into the new figures. Well not too hard since I really have hated most all of the releases, But last night, after getting the new Joe comic, I caved in and bought the Beach Head and Mindbender 2 pack. I have to say I haven't been able to put down Beach Head. Aside from his bum leg, he is a very goo....no scratch that an awesome update to the original. The only complaint is the Mutt sized gloves and his ricketts induced leg. But other that that he is an awesome figure. Now if only all of the Joes were updated this way.

Now Mindbender is a different story. I would have liked him. His costume is pretty good, But damn if my Fenderbender can't keep his legs in the position I place them in. I think it has to do with his no arse, but I'm not sure. His legs always go back in the same position. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I think since his backside is done up all weird like, his legs have a tendency to go backwards? I don't know. I really would have liked this figure if it weren't for that. Well I don't like how his arms bend. Having his hands molded the way the way they are, makes it look ##$%$#ed when he aims, unless you have his arm full extended!

I agree with the people who want the new figures released one per blister back. I also want the old pics brought back. Then mabey I might get into the new line. Also if they weren't in two packs I could avoid getting all the crappy rehashed figures. I would only get the cool new ones like the new Snow Serpent, now that is an awesome update!!!!!! I really want, but I don't want Blowtorch. That gimpy gun of his bites!!!!

Oh and one last beef, I really wish they would quit using the old weapons. Man they need to focus on making new weapons. I rememeber when each figure, starting with wave three, would have a unique weapon. They did share weapons, but not that much.

You know this is alot of complaining from someone who doesn't even coollect teh new line!!! :lol:

:lol: I caved in and bought the new figures a couple of weeks ago too. I swore to myself that I wouldn't do it, but something came over me and I just had to have them... :D

Yea, the earlier releases have made it easy not to want to colelct. But the new Shipwreck, Ripper, and to a minor extent, Rcondo. I just wish Recondo had his hat and mustache, as of now he looks like any other sorry figure, he needs his personality back. But that Shipwrck is nice, and I know I am going to cave in for him, but that BAT bites!!! No swivel arm battle grip???? What the hell Hasbro? Oh well let's see if they fi it, cause if they don't I don't know???

Hey all! I found Wave 3 tonight! (FINALLY!!) The new black Snake-Eyes is so incredibly cool! I got that set (The new o-ring-ed CC is awesome too!), the Stalker vs. Zartan repaint set (and both of them looked very good in their new colors, although Zartan's left hand came off right out of the package, and I hadn't even touched it yet!), and the Scarlett vs. Storm Shadow repaints. I was going to get the very cool looking Blowtorch vs. Snow Serpent set, but when I got to the register, I noticed Blowtorch had some of the paint flaked off of his chest armor(!), so I put it back. I should've got the set just for the SS, but oh well. They both looked very cool. I also didn't get the Flint vs. Baroness set because I had already ordered them from smalljoes.com, and they didn't have the Beach-Head vs. Dr. Minbender set. :( But overall, this is an awesome set of figures, especially the Snake-Eyes vs. CC set! (I just hate the crap-load of Sound-Attack weapons I was left with! :x )

Oh and one last beef, I really wish they would quit using the old weapons. Man they need to focus on making new weapons. I rememeber when each figure, starting with wave three, would have a unique weapon. They did share weapons, but not that much.  

I'm not sure if you want the new weapons that Hasbro is churning out for the JvC. Some of the new weapons don't resemble any type of real gun and is without much detail. Just look at the rifle that comes with Flint. Personally, I think certain weapons can be recycled, like the AK-47, M-16, AZ-16, Uzis, and etc. I always enjoyed the cleverness that Hasbro exuded with some of the artillary, like Bullhorn's rifle, Stormshadow(v1) backpack, and Zartan's accessories.

By the way, that Dr. Mindbender sure looks like a pimp Daddy!

I just found and got all of wave 3 finally. I was disapointed. Every one of them has a problem standing. Its like they want to to the splits. Some had very loose shoulder joints. The Zartan and Scarlet repaints are way messed up. Zartan leans one way at the waist and his legs go two other ways. Scarlets right leg is curved weird, more than the wave 2 version. Is this because they are in preset poses in the packages and it bends them out of whack.

Y'know, I got to looking at my Wave 3 figures, and out of all of them, the black Snake-Eyes is the only original figure! The rest are repaints of figures I already have! But that's okay, because the repaints are cool. Which brings me to my cool revelation: I was looking at my black and white Storm Shadow, and I noticed his left arm has been altered so it doesn't stay stuck sticking up like he's got a catch in his shoulder like the Wave 1 version! That's so cool to me, because it always bothered me how the Wave 1 Stormy had his left arm slightly stuck out. I compared him to the Wave 1 version, and his arm's definitely been re-sculpted! Cool! :D

That's good to know, Dev. I know I'm just getting that recolor for the Scarlett, I'm not sure what I'll do with the Storm Shadow... Display statue, probably. :)

And I'm growing ever jealous of you people who actually get to see the third wave of figures by now... I'm waiting on wave 1 to clear from my TRU/KB shelves so they can put new stuff up... Why the hell can't Wal-Mart or Target put a store in Staten Island? Geez..

Tom