Jon and Karl Hartman Fired from Botcon?

OFP2002

Are you happy with how 3H Productions has handled the Unicron situation?  

1. 1. Are you happy with how 3H Productions has handled the Unicron situation?

• YES
    • NO

If your going to make comments, be accurate. The polls were COMPLETELY different. One asked if you like how 3H handled the Unicron issue. The other asked if people thought the Hartman's had been fired or not. Does that look like the same exact thing?

My bad, you're right. They were different polls, yet they both seem to be created for your attacking of Glenn.

Furthermore, you are NOT a mod so quit acting like it. If both Tony and I started one that is the mods concern, not yours.

Well, the whole fiasco within 3H is their concern and not yours, yet you are involved, aren't you? Yes, we are the fandom so it concerns us. Well I'm on this message board, it concerns me, same thing.

If you do not want to discuss the issue that is being discussed on this thread , thats fine.

I have no problems discussing, but you seem to have a problem by just attacking Glenn.

If you think were all "haters" thats fine too. You have made moronic comments all through this thread.

As have you and Macro-con, your point being?

You've been proven wrong on many points.

Well, I am only human and make mistakes, it's what we do.

I can and have backed up ALL comments I have made.

Except for the fact that the Jon and Karl were not fired, released of duties, yes. Fired, no. It's like calling the Playstation and Playstation 2 the same thing. They aren't, one is a more tweaked upgraded version of the other. Just as is firing and releasing.

Just move on to another thread if you wish, but quit attacking those who post their feelings on this and other threads. I'm sure others would agree. Thanks!

Yet it's ok for you to PUBLICLY attack Glenn? I think you need tto take your personel beef with Glenn off the board, and I think everybody would agree on that. Thank you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OFP2002 says he can "back up every claim he has made."

Well.  

Can you back up your claim that at the BC dinner, Glen Hallit declared himself "King of the Fan Club"?

Because I was there, so I know firsthand he did no such thing.

Then you were not paying very close attention. 3H Productions, which Glen is the President of and to date the Only member of, has secured the rights to be the License holder for the Official Transformers Fan Club. Thus, he WILL be running the Fan Club in addition to running his newly Hartmanless Botcon. I said he made himself King. That was my phrasing of the situation, but still accurate. He's got the right for the Club and will be running it as well. Anything else?

"Not paying close attention"?

I was paying enough attention to (A) know what Hallit really said, (B) know that you mischaracterised it in your initial post, and © know that you couldn't possibly back it up... and you haven't.

No one knows who will be running the fan club, and whether, if Glen is involved, he will be the head honcho or whether it will be delegated to one or more of his co-workers. Perhaps as of the BC dinner it was supposed to have been the Hartman brothers, with that only changing with the recent news. Perhaps it was always supposed to be mainly the job of other BC employees such as Rob Yee and Tengu. There was NO information about this given at the BC dinner. Hunches based on longstanding distrust and hatred of Glen Hallit do not count. You got the story wrong. I'm sorry for having to point that out.

"Not paying close attention"?

I was paying enough attention to (A) know what Hallit really said, (B) know that you mischaracterised it in your initial post, and © know that you couldn't possibly back it up... and you haven't.

No one knows who will be running the fan club, and whether, if Glen is involved, he will be the head honcho or whether it will be delegated to one or more of his co-workers. Perhaps as of the BC dinner it was supposed to have been the Hartman brothers, with that only changing with the recent news. Perhaps it was always supposed to be mainly the job of other BC employees such as Rob Yee and Tengu. There was NO information about this given at the BC dinner. Hunches based on longstanding distrust and hatred of Glen Hallit do not count. You got the story wrong. I'm sorry for having to point that out.

Well, again obviously you have not been paying close enough attention to the whole situation. First off, the ONLY people on the 3H "Botcon" payroll is Glen. Rob Yee and Tengu are not official employees unless their being paid under the table. Furthermore, my "hunches" are based on legitimate information, just like the info that I had on this whole matter before the story broke. Longstanding distrust of Glen is based on the fact that HE CAN"T BE TRUSTED. (See Hartman statement) Hatred? If you or anybody else wants to accuse me or anyone else of hating him, thats your problem. Your just like a extreme liberal, taking what I say and twisting it into something else. All I have done has pointed out the that awful business and backstabbing practices he has employed. I don't hate him. Do I think what he has done is extremely wrong? Yes I do, but quit accusing me of saying what I say based on hate. Furthermore, if your one of his trumpet blowers, then admit that as well. I have already stated that I am friends of the Hartman's and that is why this all has offended me so. Thank You.

Wow. So because I poke holes in your overstatements, I'm like "an extreme liberal"? I missed the part where we ever discussed so much as a single political issue for one second. Dr. Freud, paging Dr. Freud?

I am not a "trumpet-blower." I use logic to examine publicly-presented facts from credible sources. Notice those two extremely important qualifiers.

By my standards, based off what I've seen, I think what Glen did to the Hartmans is very disturbing and uncool, perhaps downright sinister.

However, in my experience all of the H's have been both rational and fair-minded people, and I extend all of them enough benefit of the doubt that I *ASSUME* they simply must have discussed this issue at an earlier point in the past, before Glen finally strongarmed them out of the picture. We know the beginning of this story, and the sad ending, but we *don't* know what happened in the middle. And that may be the most important part, since it would probably do a great deal to explain where we are now.

A stance like that is probably more than enough to get me labeled as part of Glen's private cheering gallery, and goodness knows there's been no shortage of such labeling in this and related threads elsewhere. Luckily, I don't care. I've been called worse things by cleverer net-kooks.

JM, in looking back over this thread I see that I was very unfair to you. I came down on you pretty harshly, and I had no business doing so. I hope you'll accept my apology.

Now that we've got one side's version of events, I don't know what to think of this situation. I'm still sort of in shock. On one hand, I am willing to reserve judgment until we've heard both sides of the argument. As horribly as this turned out, I'm sure that Glen did what he did believing that it was for the best. Glen's release agreement seems to give the Hartmans far better considerations than they would have gotten if they'd just left Botcon in their own time, including the apparent absolution of their share in Botcon debts. That's not small potatoes. There's also the fact that the Hartmans already weren't being very involved, and the fact that they already wanted to quit as organizers.

On the other hand... Christ, I hate this. Jon and Karl are great, great people. It's awful that this went down in a way that they're not happy with. I don't know what else to say about that, except that I feel terribly for both of them.

The way that I'm looking at it is like this,

"I'm thinking of selling my car in four years. That doesn't give the right for someone, even a good friend, to come along and /steal/ it from me, even if he was a co-signer on the car loan."

That's effectively what happened, and that's the justification. Remember too that Glenn has been talking about 'getting out' for years now as well. So, should Hasbro take BotCon away from /him/ just because of those comments, and threaten legal action if he doesn't immediately comply?

I know what the same people who are wanting to give Glenn more-than-his-share of benefit would say in /that/ case.

Charles, there has been a lot of going back and forth on this thread. I want to respond to some of your previous comments and hope you understand, as well as everyone else, that I want people just to have a clear understanding of what is going on.

As horribly as this turned out, I'm sure that Glen did what he did believing that it was for the best.

Glen did what was best for Glen, no one else. If he truly cared about the fans or anybody else he would not have done this.

Glen's release agreement seems to give the Hartmans far better considerations than they would have gotten if they'd just left Botcon in their own time, including the apparent absolution of their share in Botcon debts. That's not small potatoes.
Glen was and still is in COMPLETE control of Botcon finances. I know that for a fact. All of the money losing ventures that Botcon has taken on over the last few years has been Glen's doing. If Botcon is a financial mess, then he has no one to blame but himself. Jon and Karl's resposibilties were registration and fan related issues. They should not be responsible for Glen's financial blunders.( see Unicron Statue, Stan Bush Concert, etc.)

There's also the fact that the Hartmans already weren't being very involved, and the fact that they already wanted to quit as organizers.
THEY DID NOT WANT TO QUIT. They were thinking about leaving the show in 2 years, after 2 MORE SHOWS. Also, If you read the statement from the Hartman's you will see that it was very hard to get info out of Glen. If they were less involved it was because Glen kept pushing them out. Anyone who knows the Hartman's knows they are very modest. I do not think they would have ever come out and said "we got screwed." They don't want people to feel sorry for them and that is extremely noble. However, whether or not they would have left isn't the issue. They were forced out of their show at the threat of legal action. If they ever did leave they would have wanted to on their terms, not given a 1 day ultimatum.

Jon and Karl are great, great people. It's awful that this went down in a way that they're not happy with. I don't know what else to say about that, except that I feel terribly for both of them.
Well, you couldn't be more right on this point. You and I and many other people feel this way about Jon and Karl. Thats is the whole point. As there are many people out there that have nothing but good things to say about Jon and Karl, there are also that many people who have nothing good to say about Glen Hallit. Talk to most anybody who has dealt with him on a long term basis and I think you would feel the same way I and many others feel.

Wow. So because I poke holes in your overstatements, I'm like "an extreme liberal"?

Well, I do apologize for that. That was a liitle much. I do, however, stand by my statements. I am not on here just making stuff up. I heard about the firing before it was public. I also have heard that Glen will be running the Fan Club. Take that info for what it's worth.

By my standards, based off what I've seen, I think what Glen did to the Hartmans is very disturbing and uncool, perhaps downright sinister.
Yes, your right

However, in my experience all of the H's have been both rational and fair-minded people, and I extend all of them enough benefit of the doubt that I *ASSUME* they simply must have discussed this issue at an earlier point in the past, before Glen finally strongarmed them out of the picture.
Now hold on. Thy, here is a quote from the Hartman's statement:

"This contract was only good for that day, that meeting, in which the Hartmans were not informed about what it was for, nor given an opportunity to gain outside input for their decisions."

They had absolutely no clue going into the meeting that they were being by all accounts told that they were out of Botcon. Their hands were tied. If they wanted to stay in Glen threatened legal action to have them removed. They could not afford that and he KNEW that. To quote you Thy, it wasn't "perhaps", it WAS Downright Sinister!

I've been called worse things by cleverer net-kooks.

I don't know whats worse, "extreme liberal" or "net-kook." :wink: I have, however, been accurate in all of my statements. I'm sure their has been emotion mixed in some of them that can be seen as a bit over the top, but daggonnit I know what has happened here. I know more about it than most anyone. I hope everyone that cares about this show and Jon and Karl will know the whole story, will see Glen for who he is, and will make it clear to him that what he did was wrong and that he owes Jon, Karl and all of the fans an explanation!

You have GOT to be kidding me. So basically, Glen did Jon and Karl a favor by firing them? You know what, if Glen wants to put out some sugar coated (emphasis on the sugar coated) "update" on the Botcon situation thats fine. Just remember, the Hartman's issued their statement a few days ago from just the 2 of them. This one on the Botcon page sais it's from all 3 but was posted I'm sure by the only "H" still at Botcon, Hallit, and if you notice at the bottom was only signed by Glen. I wonder why.... Anyways, it was vague and did not address any of the real issues in the Hartman's Statement. All I ask of anybody who has taken an interest in this thread is to read both statements and to make up your own mind. Thanks and Take Care!

• 4 months later...