Will they ever bring it back?

cobia123

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a matter of time before the Cartoon Network or USA or somebody picks up the rights and puts them back on. That show had a long run and was popular, so it would get decent ratings. What I would like to see is for them to release DVD's.

I kinda dread a new Joe cartoon. What if it winds up like RiD or Armada for Transformers? If it winds up like the new He-Man cartoon,it wouldn't be so bad. So it will basically be hit or miss.

Exactly!!!

I would rather shoot myself than see the name of GI Joe degraded in such a low manner like Transformers RID/Armada. That would be so bad. Which is why I'm really against a new Joe cartoon... cause quite frankly, there's nothing wrong with the old one, and the chances that they'll make a new toon that's actually worthy of the GI Joe name are slim to none. :-?

And yeah, USA did show the Joe eps for a while in the early 90s, but they were so heavily edited it was ridiculous (read about it at www.quickkicktheater.com). As for CN showing the eps again soon... I don't see why they wouldn't. They obviously went to the trouble of purchasing the rights, and the 1AM run had "very good" ratings, so... I don't know what they're waiting for! :P

I would rather shoot myself than see the name of GI Joe degraded in such a low manner like Transformers RID/Armada. That would be so bad.  Which is why I'm really against a new Joe cartoon... cause quite frankly, there's nothing wrong with the old one, and the chances that they'll make a new toon that's actually worthy of the GI Joe name are slim to none.  :-?  

That;s EXACTLY how I feel about the GvC toys. They are not worthy of the GiJoe name

I would rather shoot myself than see the name of GI Joe degraded in such a low manner like Transformers RID/Armada. That would be so bad.  Which is why I'm really against a new Joe cartoon... cause quite frankly, there's nothing wrong with the old one, and the chances that they'll make a new toon that's actually worthy of the GI Joe name are slim to none.  :-?  

What was so wrong with RiD? RiD = METAL. It may not be Generation 1, but then again it's not named Generation 1.

I hope they make a new cartoon for G.I.Joe. It would be great promotion for the toyline and would be really nice! :)