GIJoe Vs Cobra Wave 4 Pics Are Up

JayC

Its totally awesome that they actually put a dreadnock symbol on ripper instead of a cobra symbol... That used to always urk the heck out of me in the old line how the nocks had cobra symbols on all their vehicles, even tho they werent actually cobra. hehe..

I like that ripper, I will probably pick him up... That bat looks like a maybe.

Geeze what the heck... Is that duke? Or Luke?

These aren't too bad. The Ripper/Duke pack looks very nice, both in terms of figures and accessories. Dart is pretty cool, too. As I had anticipated, though, the Bat is pretty lame. At least all the sheeple out there should make it so the the Shipwreck is easy to acquire. :P

I'm liking the Wild Bill figure, as well. Overall, I think these guys will continue the progress we've seen in the line. I know I'm looking forward to them.

i like this wave! they look pretty good. i'll be painting wild bill some hair and give him a sculpy mustache. i was really looking forward to dart know i find out he has a pony tail i never saw before in any of the pics :( im not happy about that. :cry: (i know its because he was going to be spirit! but they could of chopped it off!) :o all the rest look very promising.i'll be army building with those bats for sure i hope they produce enough of em' :)

that is all

TM

Good thing I still have a leftover head from the 2001 Wild Bill I used for a custom, I can modify to use on the new bodies.

Someone needs to tell Hasbro no one likes Stone Cold anymore.

I like the BATs detachable chestpiece, but I miss the little 3-D images they used to use on the chests. No apparent arm weapons either. Bummer. Still looks alright.

Shipwreck looks alright, even though his outfit smacks too much of the Image comic. At least you can make a decent custom of Deep Six from the Marvel comic's out of the diving suit outfit. Maybe you can swap heads with Torpedo to create new looks for both. At least theres SOMETHING you can do with the leftover figures of those two if youre army building.

The Neo-Viper with the o-ring isnt very mind blowing, but I wouldnt worry. Im sure we'll see this mold get re-used at least TWICE. I forsee a possible NV COmmander with an o-ring too one day to help fill out a wave.

Scout looks alright. Why couldnt Hasbro have done something that made SENSE like call him Spirit Iron-Knife? Kind of stereotyping Native Americans with this tracker stuff. Shame that nice looking tommy gun has to be disfigured with a sound tab. Would have gone prefect with Headman's gangster motive.

CLAW looks good with the o-ring. Probably a safe bet we'll see this o-ring version a couple more times so Hasbro can justify the mold modification costs.

Duke: This figure looks fairly cool. Too cool in fact to be called Duke. But if you can transfer his head and arms to the wave 1 version you might get something similar to the Duke shown in the comic/brochure from the comic packed with the Wave 2s

Ripper: nice sculpt and detail, and as pointed out before the Drednok symbol is a nice touch. My only complaint is the bright yellow.

At least Ive got yet another good reason to get the mail order BAT troop building sets if they are released.

Sure they may be only the 90s version with just ONE extra arm attatchment, (Two if you count the backpack/launcher) but that's still more than THESE guys appear to have

Duke is too blonde eck! and ripper does have a cobra symbol on his hat, or it least it looked like he had something on it. That thing looks like it should be a bear hat! lol

This wave is kinda in the middle. There is no real gems and no real crappers except maybe neo-viper whose arm should have been fixed too and why couldn't they realize him and claws in their orginal colors? they did it with cc! ack whatever, i may complain but i'll buy them cause they're deciet

Yeah, I don't much like the helmet.  What is it suppose to be?

Yeah Firefly; I'm with you...

No doubt he looks cool...but...um, why exactly does Duke have a pilot's helmet on?? I've mentioned this before, but it's almost like when a kid grabs something and slaps it on when they're role-playing; looks cool, but totally no rhyme or reason to it. Just looks cool. :roll: :lol:

Duke's helmet does look like a pilots one. Maybe it has to do with all his airborne training? It also looks a little bit like a protec helmet that the delta force wear, but with a face guard. Thats probably what I'll use it for...

WHAT? WHAT? is that wild bill or stone cold steve austin! WHAT? I dont know about these figures, I'v e kind of turned away from gijoe collecting because of the sculpts and the paint schemes. most of the figures dont really represent the characters. heres what i think about wave 4

Wild Bill - good body sculpt, needs hair, change colors

bat- not liking the bat, no removable limbs odd looking head

duke- pretty cool like the helmet it gives play value(if you play with them)

Ripper- cool, I like this figure cool guns for both ripper and duke

shipwreck- nice body sculpt, needs a full beard cool fig

Spirit- I mean "dart" alright looking but I wont be buying him

claws- didnt care for the first 3 or 4 dont care for this one

no comment on the range viper repaint or the heavy duty figure.

I pre ordered the shipwreck/bat pack and the duke/ripper pack from kebco toys along with wave 3. I hope to see wave 3 on my door step soon!

at least this duke resembles the "duke" that i kno and love (in a completely hetero way) and the new duke sculpt gives me a reason to pick up those unGodly amounts of cc vs duke packs, im gonna be army building the wave 1 dukes as greenshirts, anyone else with me?