A ADC GIJoe Surprise For You Guys

JayC

I think the thing that is over looked here, is that SOME collectors (like myself) did not necessarily, take an obsession with the characters of TRAH storyline (as in the comics or cartoons) but found the craftmanship of the toy action figures, to be extremely appealing, cool, neat, awesome and so wonderful, and so on, that I had to have them.  Like a work of art, the details and effort that went into the making of, not ONLY the figures themselves, but their backgrounds (via the filecards) as well!

Couldn't have said it better myself!! The character ideas, and the show, comic, etc, etc, only serve to ADD to the great toys. But if they aren't great toys to begin with, no over-accessorizing, advertising hype, or cartoon or comic tie-ins mean ZIP!!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... Who would have though Old Viper Hunter would come up with something that makes good sense...

Nice one Bro...  8)

The Geritol must have kicked in! :wink: @-@

Now keep in mind, I was 20 years old when the original 3 3/4" line first came out, and I was infatuated with them, almost instantaneously, back THEN..as a young "adult" that could appreciate neat toys, so I don't want to hear anything about these being "different from my childhood, and I'm too old to appreciate them NOW, as an adult!  I've been an adult since the beginning of TRAH.

:o I knew it! You ARE old dude! :lol:

I'm just kidding VH! You've given me hope actually. Lately I've felt a little guilty for some reason being a 28-year-old (soon to be 29) that collects toys. But you know what? Who cares how old we are?! I think it's fun, and it keeps me young at heart, and gives me something to look forwad to all the time. It's exciting! It's that same feeling I used to get when Mom or Dad would take me to town on Saturday mornings to get the newest Joes, or when I would open prents on Christmas morning to find that great new Joe vehicle or base I had begged for. It's a blast and I'm enjoying every minute of it! :)-

Dude that's a darn good reason to collect...I get the same exact feeling when I go to town to look for toys...I get all excited just like when I was a kid. It's great! :D

Let me just say that these new figures SUCK!!!!!!  

They are the most terribly designed characters to ever be called gijoe toys. And yes, that does include Extreme, which had better character designs but poor figures.  

How come the GvC line is getting worse? All you GvC lovers wanted to try to convince me that I should give this line a chance because "remember how the first waves of the RAH line went before they got really good"? But the GvC line is getting crappier than the first wave. And yes, crappier is a word, I just checked the dictionary.  

Anyways, what a disappointment. I am actually liking a few of the wave 2,3, and 4 figures, but these are horrid. The lone chance of a good figure is the green dude wearing a "Muskrat" hat. He looks okay.

You don't even like the Iron Grenadier or the CLAWS Commander that looks like a CG? These are about the only two figures from this line that I'm liking so far, with possibly the exception of Crosshairs...he looks good. I kind of like the way Sgt. Hacker looks too, even though he does look too futuristic to be a Joe.

I will agree that Wave 5 does suck worse than previous waves. :-?

who's GNR?

Are you being sarcastic, or do you not know who he's talking about? If you don't, GNR = Guns 'N Roses. ;)

Okay, i do know who GnR is now. I just have never heard them refered to as GnR. I actually like some of their stuff, but they are as far metal as I go.

I just wonder at what point in this series are the figures going to start coming with butts again. :)

I realy think all this new Joe stuff is realy cool. I can think of only 2 draw backs.

1 :They are not released in single packs.

2 :The weapon have this big peaces of plastick sticking out of them.

I know it sapposed to make the vehicle make the weapons sound. I just wish the could have came up with a better way of doing that.

Okay, i do know who GnR is now. I just have never heard them refered to as GnR. I actually like some of their stuff, but they are as far metal as I go.

I was about say Clam... Whats up with not know who or what GNR is... I mean what kind of man are you? :-? 8) :lol: