A ADC GIJoe Surprise For You Guys

JayC

perhaps the cobra with all the grey armor is a driver for the troop transport vehicle. anyway, it's just a guess. overall, they look pretty decent, but overkill looks like some kind of prissy cenobite from hellraiser. i.e. he's creepy!

thecamyth

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, those figs rock. As for the Reccondo issue, you can just call the REAL looking reccondo by what he should be. Hey, I play with my joes and create scripts for an upcoming Joe figure theatre. I don't think lawyers are going to come after me for that.

Wow...some of wave 5 looks pretty great...The cobra's all seem wonderful (except for that one with the gray mask..weird...) Overkill has always sadly been one of my favorites, and the design on this one is great, although a bit strange looking so "humaniod" but how hard would it be for cobra to make a B.A.T. with a human appearance...As for Scalpel...a cobra medic? Awesome...when I first saw them in the issue that Snake-Eyes shiskabobed Scarlett, I thought it was a great idea. The Iron Grenadier and Iron Grenadier commander look totally awesome as well..I esspecially love how most of the cobra's seem to have removable helmets, which make Iron Grenadier Commander and Scalpel look even better...As for the joes...So what's so hard to believe that Recondo changed his clothes and shaved his beard? I think the figure looks great and the character's bio is still the same as it's always been (On the Hasbro site). Topedo and the other's look pretty okay, but I'm usually all about the cobras, so if the joe figure I'm getting along with the Cobra figure I'm buying the two pack for is pretty enough, then I'll be happy.

Does anyone know for sure if this figure that is pictured is Overkill. I thought someone post that Overkill would be a repaint of the old version. I think the figure that is shown might be new cobra figure. He might have mech. arm for some reason, like he lost his in a battle. He just to human to be overkill to me.

General

Well...where to start, huh? I've had a little more time to look over the pictures of wave 5, and after reading through everyone elses responses, I thought I'd join in finally.

First off....I'm not that particularly worried about "who is who", but rather, how the figures (whoever they are) LOOK overall. I've had varying reactions and opinions of them, but at this moment in time, I'm a little less dismayed with them now, then I was upon first glance.

I think I damn near called it, in another post, about them being "G.I.Joe 2010 a space odyessy"! :roll: This are some funky far-out figures I'm telling ya, but there is some GEMS in the lot.

The figures that really have me anxious to get a hold of and observe up close (play with, if you will.. :wink: ) are the Iron Grenadier lookin' figure, the supposed Tunnel Rat figure, and the Crimson Guard Commander lookin' dude! :D Nice looking sculpts, molds, color schemes and proportions on these three!

The thing that really struck me on my first inspection of these pics, is how much they really don't look like anything G.I.Joe anymore. Cool looking action figures in one regard, but MAN-O-MAN...they just don't have that "ummpf to them, like they use to.

Now keep in mind, I was 20 years old when the original 3 3/4" line first came out, and I was infatuated with them, almost instantaneously, back THEN..as a young "adult" that could appreciate neat toys, so I don't want to hear anything about these being "different from my childhood, and I'm too old to appreciate them NOW, as an adult! I've been an adult since the beginning of TRAH.

Nevertheless, I do still *hang on* to what I thought was some pretty damn cool looking action figures and the style that impressed me so greatly, way back when (the 80's Joes), is hard to "improve on" in my book.

These JvC Joes aren't quite cuttin' the mustard. When you've got REALLY cool Joes to collect, you look for other subpar sets to help "accessorize" them, with weapons and vehicles and such (ie.CORPS..CHAP MEI etc..) however, these JvC figures are slowly starting to look more and more like the "knockoff" figures we cannobolize for their gear, and less like the higher standard of 3 3/4" action figures that Hasbro maintained for the Joes for so many years. :-?

In anycase, the GOOD points are this....

The rivets finally look smaller, and the proportions look much better on alot of these figures pictured for wave 5. Using the Surefire torso with new arms, for the Recondo figure, should demonsrate how much they've reduced the bulkiness there, as it doesn't look out of place to me. As far as this being Recondo..? I don't like it! :x This figure looks like a PUSS, as many of them do, with their expressionless goofy lookin' faces. His foot is twisted out kinda funky also? :-?

The armor and vests and other removable gear is an AWESOME feature, and I love it..nice touch Hasbro! The proportions, as I mentioned, are looking much better, and I'm seeing some great customizing potential with all the figures I can "frankenstein" parts from and together with previous waves.

Overlord..? The red scarf guy? (ugh!) :x Looks like a really angry Cobra lesbian soldier! "That's not a MAN...that's a shemale, baby!" @*-

And the Scalpel figure, without a doubt, should prove, once and for all, how DIFFICULT it is for Hasbro to come up with "new" or "original" characters for TRAH line. The bestest of the best have been DONE, and there's NO out doing or even equaling THAT! This thing is horrid beyond imagination...or more simply put, pretty DUMB looking! :roll: :lol:

The figure that everyone states, should be Recondo, the one with the jungle gear and hat like Muskrat, looks pretty cool as well, and I would except this as Recondo, much more so, than the proposed one, but even the face on this guy is a little bit "playschool" or "Elite Force" looking. C'mon Hasbro...I know you still have it in you, you just haven't quite got it all BACK..yet. :wink:

Great preview pics though, and as ALWAYS, may not be EXACTLY how we see them show up at TRU (or wherever). Lot's a possibilities till then! :)-

That's my take (and NOVEL) on them for now!

Last time I saw this post it was at 3 pages and now it's up to 6 pages...  

6 pages of Joes is too much to read and is giving me a headache...

What's the difference between 6 pages of Joes in ONE post, and 2 pages of Joes in a thousand posts? :roll:

It's ALL about Joes....ya goofy guy! @-@ :wink:

Speaking of headache..wait till you try and read my small novel! Got started and couldn't STOP! @*-

. . . however, these JvC figures are slowly starting to look more and more like the "knockoff" figures we cannobolize for their gear, and less like the higher standard of 3 3/4" action figures that Hasbro maintained for the Joes for so many years.   :-?

This is THE main problem, one which will in my prediction prevent many "new" fans (AKA kids) to jump on our bandwagon.

Also, in an odd turn of events, Hasbro is decidedly not running with any "name brand" characters with this Wave, which, given the selection they've chosen, seems highly risky to me! I can't imagine any non-Joe fans seeing a Wave 5 two-pack and having their interest sparked.

And while snap-on armour is a cool idea, it's absurd to give it to EVERY character, and I would prefer to see that effort going into better character design and sculpting, or if nothing else better weapons.

Just when I was starting to get used to the "new" style that had been adopted by GvsC, I get slapped in the face with this bizarre crap. Unless they swing it on back around for Wave 6, looks like I'll be stopping with Wave 4.

Just when I was starting to get used to the "new" style that had been adopted by GvsC, I get slapped in the face with this bizarre crap.  Unless they swing it on back around for Wave 6, looks like I'll be stopping with Wave 4.

Sure... Thats what they all say... :wink: :lol:

Using the Surefire torso with new arms, for the Recondo figure>>

That's a new torso sculpt.  It *looks* like the DEF Shockwave torso, but it most certainly *is not*!

(Shhh)...I'm trying to help defuse the large shoulders issue! :wink:

Actually, you are 100% correct this time Straight Edge, that is definitely NOT the exact same torso as the DEF Shockwave, but it sures the heck looks dang similar. :D

This would be a nice figure if...# 1 it wasn't suppose to be Recondo!

and # 2 it had a better looking head sculpt on it!

These Wave 5 guys are lame looking, in the facial expression department.

Did Hasbro fire the STALKER sculpt maker? Now he looked BADA$$! 8)

Hey, did you guys notice four more pictures were added to that archive? Tunnel Rat and Burnout, WITH accesories... Burnout looks like fricken Rob Zombie!

Oh, and Tunnel Rat does come with undercover accesories. I don't want to say I told you so but... then I couldn't complete that sentence.

Tom

COBRAAA.JPG

Now keep in mind, I was 20 years old when the original 3 3/4" line first came out, and I was infatuated with them, almost instantaneously, back THEN..as a young "adult" that could appreciate neat toys, so I don't want to hear anything about these being "different from my childhood, and I'm too old to appreciate them NOW, as an adult!  I've been an adult since the beginning of TRAH.

:o I knew it! You ARE old dude! :lol:

I'm just kidding VH! You've given me hope actually. Lately I've felt a little guilty for some reason being a 28-year-old (soon to be 29) that collects toys. But you know what? Who cares how old we are?! I think it's fun, and it keeps me young at heart, and gives me something to look forwad to all the time. It's exciting! It's that same feeling I used to get when Mom or Dad would take me to town on Saturday mornings to get the newest Joes, or when I would open presents on Christmas morning to find that great new Joe vehicle or base I had begged for. It's a blast and I'm enjoying every minute of it! :)-

Hey, did you guys notice four more pictures were added to that archive? Tunnel Rat and Burnout, WITH accesories... Burnout looks like fricken Rob Zombie!  

Oh, and Tunnel Rat does come with undercover accesories. I don't want to say I told you so but... then I couldn't complete that sentence.

I noticed the lack of pupils on Burnout there, myself. @*-

Definitely a "Zombie" look to him, and maybe an attempt to make the future versions of the Drednoks ALL have the Zartan eyes or something. Then again, the actual JvC Zartan has pupils, and now Burnout will have none..? :-? I dunno, it's all so discombobulated, turned on it's head to try and create..uh, "originality"..? :roll:

The Joes have gone the way of being...PC? It's Cobra vs TRAG!! The Real American Geek! Opie, Barney, Pee Wee Herman and the Village People are the "Hero's" of the future....judging by the lack of "manly" quality these wave 5 Joes look to have.

Give me a Sgt. ROCK or even SAVAGE, for my idealistic "Hero" action figure...hell, how 'bout a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood....Mel Gibson maybe? Bruce Willis or Russell Crowe even? :lol:

Scruffy, rough, MEAN and ruggid! Tobacco chewing, spittin' hard cases, like the "Dirty Dozen"..can't function in the normal military, so they get sent off to the "special" services of TRAH team, where they can do their OWN thing (within reason) to bring down Cobra, an even WORSE bunch of thugs, plotting to "rule the world".

MAN stuff damnit!! :x

ANYTHING....but that "lil Willie..Ken joins the Joes" lookin' bunch of whimps in wave 5! :lol:

umm..I'm okay now, just a little carried away there! :wink:

At least we have the option to leave the armor off if we dont like it.

If the Joe in disguise comes with a troop builder for Cobra, at least when you buy multiples you can use the extra Joe figures as a member of the Cobra squad he's impersonating

At least we have the option to leave the armor off if we dont like it.

If the Joe in disguise comes with a troop builder for Cobra, at least when you buy multiples you can use the extra Joe figures as a member of the Cobra squad he's impersonating

Hmm..that's a good point there Doc! This assortment will definitely offer some nice accessories and such, to mix and mingle amongst some custom stuff. The shield with Tunnel Rat looks very wicked, and may serve as another's shield, of my chosing. :D