A ADC GIJoe Surprise For You Guys

JayC

ok

before we break into the good versus bad battle here

lets set some ground rules: (my interpersonal skills in action)

Rule 1: Everyone is entitled to their opinions. if you like them tell us. If you hate them tell us.

Rule 2: No name calling (I know I have been guilty of it in the past but I am being the bigger man) if you disagree with someones thoughts.

Rule 3: Where in the world is the new drednock? ok not a rule but still want to see it.

Having said that: my thoughts

I like the Crimson Guard (retro style is tight)

Scalpel...cool idea, good colors, love the saw accesory Not sure about the helmet...

Recondo. while i like the figure I feel sorry for "our Recondo"... Sorry dude sometimes life throws you a curve ball. Hey if it helps I have an Old Recondo I can give you to help ease the pain.

Tunnel Rat: friggin sweet.

Iron Grenadier: lose the cobra emblems and I am sold!

Fan Club Exclusive: SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS

The Ben Afleck look alike: nice sculpt like the snap on armor. but who is he again?

Cobra WORMS figure? not sure but good design. *mystery why when his armor is gone no cobra insignia...spy?

OverKill: cool idea of the cyborg. trim the neckerchief down. HEY closer to the classic cobra officer. Come ON Hasbro MAKE IT!!!

Over All I have to say I am not overly disappointed by anything I saw. Nothing that makes me say I wont be buying that! in fact even among the haters. I bet everyone here buys at least one of them.

and once again sorry Recondo....

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marty - Where do you get off setting baby-ass "ground rules"? I mean, WTF? You've got less than 60 posts under your belt and you're handing down laws to anyone? Geez...

As for your comments:

I totally agree with you on Scalpel - That helmet is an eyesore, and mine will rarely wear it when helping out his fellow Vipers. My question is how is Hasbro gonna set up a grudge match for this guy? "Dr. Scalpel was a successful Cobra surgeon until Recondo came into the operating room and ate one of the good doctor's patients."

Cobra WORMS - Is that what his name is supposed to be? I never saw that mentioned anywhere, but that's a clever re-use!

Which one is supposed to be Tunnel Rat anyway? I saw someone mention the dude with the Fisherman's hat is TR, but that guy doesnt look anything like the mix TR is. And I thought the guy with the black cap might've been Torpedo (because of the rebreather on his chest armor)

I know it was mentioned here already, but that red Cobra soldier is probably a IG commander.

Tom

COBRAAA.JPG

i was setting the stage to stop the haters and lovers battle bull#$%^ that happens on every post. Hey lead follow or get the hell out of the way.

I have no idea if it is infact a worms trooper. but that is just what it looked like to me.

i totally agree: the skull cap HAS to be torpedo. Good Call man. and it looks pretty cool.

I G Commander....Nice Now give me a new Destro that is regal and not constipated.

i was setting the stage to stop the haters and lovers battle bull#$%^ that happens on every post. Hey lead follow or get the hell out of the way.

Seriously man, I don't want to hate you, but you gotta drop this garbage. Just speak your mind on what you see, and leave people free to do the same. See how I responded politely to what you said about Scalpel and the rest? Yeah, it was on-topic.

Oh, and you want a regal Destro? Build a time tunnel and head towards 1988, cuz that's the only place we'll ever find him again :lol:

Tom

COBRAAA.JPG

Not a clue....but he looks REALLY..uncomfortable? :wink:

:o ...

Holy CRAP!!! Some of those figures are SUH-WEEET!!! (Notice I said some of them...)

I LOVE the Crimson Guard, and the Cobra Soldier-looking one. (Is that a Cobra soldier?) And is Overkill the one that looks like Darth Vader? He looks like he could give Cobra Commander a run for his money! I'm not familiar at all with him from the original line, though. Can someone give me a brief synopsis on this guy?

And as for a Cobra medic(!); Scapel? Hm... it adds a new dimension to Cobra as a terrorist organization. I didn't think Cobra cared enough for their kind to keep them alive. I thought the soldiers were genetically engineered, highly trained terror troops/cannon fodder totally and blindly devoted to the Cobra cause of world domination; ready to sacrifice themselves for Cobra Commander and the "greater good". Interesting!

Anyway, some of those figures I can live without, but Great Googley-Moogley!! Some of those are the most awesome G.I. Joe figures I've ever seen! By the way, am I a totally idiot and just didn't see them, but what are the names of those Joes and Cobras? I know one's supposed to be Recondo(?), but other than that I was just guessing.

Cool figures! Thanks JayC!! :)-

I've been a big supporter of the new Joe vs. Cobra line but MY GOD WHAT THE HELL WERE THOSE THINGS!!!!!!!

Besides the Iron Gren, Iron Gren Commander and maybe the guy with the blade attached to his arm...those thing were.....I'm not really sure what they were :cry: :cry:

My thoughts exactly! I thought Jay had accidentally posted a link to another toy line until I saw the cobra symbols and the wierd Frostbite/Wet Suit hybrid. :-?

Huh... check these out...

Could this be... undercover-action Tunnel Rat? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1771449852

The head looks like Tunnel Rat, but why does he have the cobra emblem on on the chest plate, helmet and shield? Better yet, why would Tunnel Rat even have armor and a shield?

My vote would be on it being a new Alley Viper, what with the Shield and Armor and all.

Overall, I'm not really sure what to think of Wave 5. The Iron Grenadiers and Red (Crimson Guard???) look great. So does this figure: http://66.221.124.161/g/?mode=view&album=G...ize=500&start=0. Not too sure about the rest though. GI Joe isn't supposed to be this futuristic. If they had named the line GI Joe: 2020, I might buy into these figures...at least now Wet Suit will fit in with the rest of the line. :-?

They get our hopes up with Wave 3 and then totally shoot down all hope again. I thought the military was supposed to break you down and then build you back up, not the other way around. :(

And as for a Cobra medic(!); Scapel? Hm... it adds a new dimension to Cobra as a terrorist organization. I didn't think Cobra cared enough for their kind to keep them alive. I thought the soldiers were genetically engineered, highly trained terror troops/cannon fodder totally and blindly devoted to the Cobra cause of world domination; ready to sacrifice themselves for Cobra Commander and the "greater good". Interesting!

It's Cobra... Who said anything about saving their guys... Maybe the guy is into experiments and torture of the human body...

lol.. Martini.. thanks for the heartfelt support.. lol.

Who is in charge of this stuff? Does Hasbro not have ANYONE with even a little bit of military knowledge on the GI Joe (a MILITARY toy) staff!?!

Here's a brilliant idea! Lets create a JUNGLE trooper who doesn't look anything like he belongs in a JUNGLE & then we'll give him an ANTI-ARMOR weapon since there is just SOOOOO many armored vehicles traipsing around in the dense jungle flora.

I can't believe that grown adults could be so obtuse. Even common SENSE should've kicked in here!

(I HOPE that at least the "bazooka" is just a filler weapon.. unreal)

"Besides the Iron Gren, Iron Gren Commander and maybe the guy with the blade attached to his arm...those thing were.....I'm not really sure what they were"

Take a look at the cloth covered dudes helmet, could it be Major Bludd???A I am not real sure what or who the patchwork guy is,no that was just plain LAZY!

seriously, what i wouldnt give to see some of the 2 packs be cobra based......the simple thought of army building a pack of cobra doctors and those killer blade handed guys (yeah, im not too good on the whole name thing) would rock massive amounts of da booty, wishingful thinking i suppose

Take a look at the cloth covered dudes helmet, could it be Major Bludd???A I am not real sure what or who the patchwork guy is,no that was just plain LAZY!

He's not missing his left eye, so it can't be Bludd. I think you mean Overkill (Or what most of us have assumed is Overkill)

Two things about the Overkill mold:

Character-wise, I wonder if this is the same Overkill who led the upgraded BATs? I mean, the tech would be old and there would be no moral implications to just dump whatever core personality Overkill might've had (Since he's a machine and Cobra has done much worse to their own organic troops)

Also, that helmet he comes with is PERFECT for Cobra Commander's original battle helmet. Just a little bit of sculpting putty on ANY head that'll fit under the helmet and voila - Perfect CC battle helmet! :D

seriously, what i wouldnt give to see some of the 2 packs be cobra based......the simple thought of army building a pack of cobra doctors and those killer blade handed guys (yeah, im not too good on the whole name thing) would rock massive amounts of da booty, wishingful thinking i suppose

Word, LH. But an even better comparison would be the IG Commander and the IG trooper. I think Scalpel (The Cobra Doc) is meant to come with Sgt. Hacker - So no Cobra medic + Cyborg 2-pack... :cry:

Tom

COBRAAA.JPG