A ADC GIJoe Surprise For You Guys

JayC

Ok here is a look at a bunch of upcoming new GIJoe Vs Cobra figures. I am still tring to place a couple of names with the figs but most of these are from wave 5. I should have these posted in the news section later today with names but thought you would enjoy going on and seeing them. So enjoy.

http://66.221.124.161/g/?mode=album&album=...Joe%2FJvsCWave5

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are interesting. Some of the figures look very good.

Could it be that Overkill has a humanoid face?

Who is the red Cobra? Has Overlord returned? Either way, the figure is very reminiscent of the Red Shadows.

It also looks like one of the figures has slightly retooled Jango Fett armour. Could they be crossing lines?

Finally, the first figure looks to have Shockwave V2's chest with new sculpt head and arms. Perhaps some of the design issues have been resolved?

Great pics, btw!

I've been a big supporter of the new Joe vs. Cobra line but MY GOD WHAT THE HELL WERE THOSE THINGS!!!!!!!

Besides the Iron Gren, Iron Gren Commander and maybe the guy with the blade attached to his arm...those thing were.....I'm not really sure what they were :cry: :cry:

Pretty good day in my Joe world. I just got back from Target and saw Wave 2 for the first time. I had to run out of the place before I maxed out my credit card. My girlfriend comes before my Joes, and her birthday is next week. Anyway, these figures look very cool. I like the medic, even with the crappy color scheme. Anyone got a clue which is supposed to be Overkill?

Nevermind, Overkill is obvious. I like how they gave him detachable weapons -- very cool. These figures just keep on getting better.

Put some names to them, if you can. Some are obvious, but some are questionable -- especially the ones that are new characters.

That one with the cobra symbols only on the removable armor may be meant to be undercover.

The iron grenaders shoulnd't have cobra symbols on them but besides the red on there left side (can't tell what is supposed to be!) they look great!! OVerkill looks odd (red scarf man) but that has to be him. Scalpel is probably the blue samauri guy. And that red one,... IS I A CRIMSON GAURDSMEN? it looks like an updated one to me! it looks a lot like an updated one but it does have a removable helmet,... ?

My fav is the blue on with clip on gauntlets! But these do look more futuristic than a lot of joe fans will want. These are a lot of new characters I hope the wave after this they stick in Lady J and a better storm shadow at least. Tunnel rat has no goatee! that one in the bandanna looks like him. Is that clutch the one that is supposed to be recondo?

Is it OK to cry yet, or are there worse figures yet to be revealed? :cry:

Sorry, but this Wave looks like the worst aspects of GvsC (awful proportions) mixed with the worst elements of the latter Waves of 2000-2002 RAH (uber-goofy faces and grab-bag character designs).

And why does every character seem to be ready to board a space shuttle? Are they going to reissue the Defiant??

Never have Hasbro products looked so much like Lanard's!!

I don't imagine this Wave will sell well at all.

I don't underdstand! THIS is Recondo!

http://66.221.124.161/g/?mode=view&album=G...ize=500&start=0

..I mean, we all know that its *not* what Hasbro is going to use for Recondo.. but this SHOULD be Recondo!! I mean cripes.. this guy is EXACTLY how I would picture an updated JUNGLE TROOPER Recondo to look! I can live with the shaved 'stache.. but he's got the Jungle camo, a boonie hat, .203 grenade launcher/m-16.. PERFECT RECONDO!

How the heck can you know that you're going to come out with a (JUNGLE TROOPER) Recondo & then give ANOTHER character this look.. THIS should be what Recondo is. Man am I ticked off.

I don't know HOW I missed this god damned post for so long... Anyways:

Iron Grenadier:

Even in the somewhat turbulent JvC universe of excellent and horrendous molds, the IG's keep their dignity.

Scalpel:

Aside from the peculiar helmet, he will make an AWESOME Cobra doctor. I didn't even expect them to give him green scrubs, I thought they'd fudge it all up and make him blue or something...

Overkill:

A human disguise? I guess that works, but I have a feeling that scarf will be removable and his robo-bits will be viewable. It'll be awesome when one unlucky Joe rips the mask off for the first time! :D

Recondo:

He's a cool toy...but...uh... Recondo? No.

Okay, I think I know who "Sgt. Hacker" is (One of the first armor guys) and as for that Cobra with the huge vest and helmet... Any ideas? He looks very cool regardless of who he ends up being.

One complaint: Some of these guys do look fairly "Lanard-ish" :evil:

Tom

COBRAAA.JPG

..I mean, we all know that its *not* what Hasbro is going to use for Recondo.. but this SHOULD be Recondo!! I mean cripes.. this guy is EXACTLY how I would picture an updated JUNGLE TROOPER Recondo to look! I can live with the shaved 'stache.. but he's got the Jungle camo, a boonie hat, .203 grenade launcher/m-16.. PERFECT RECONDO!

How the heck can you know that you're going to come out with a (JUNGLE TROOPER) Recondo & then give ANOTHER character this look.. THIS should be what Recondo is. Man am I ticked off.

Isnt that Recondo? who the hell is he then?

That may not be Recondo. It could be Tunnel Rat. EEJ over at DD is saying that's Tunnel Rat and the Joe with the ballcap is Recondo.