ADC LOTR Two Towers 15 Figure Forum Give-Away

JayC

well the new Fonews review of the 16 minute preview of TTT says that Gollum puts Jar Jar to shame. Not that that is hard to do at all but Foxnews seems pretty hype about and even mentioned possible Best Picture nominations.

A 3 foot tall Oliphaunt figure would be our 99$ Yoda. Many might not buy, but the hardcore's would LOVE it.

Siege

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the reason they're are holding off on some of the other things they haven't relased yet, is that they want things to sell after all three movies are out. I still hope they don't dummy up the Balrog. Though any decent version of it will be a great addition to any collection.

the weta/sideshow balrog is top-notch for sure, but $300 is awfully steep. was the toy biz balrog supposed to be relativly in-scale with the rest of the line?

you know what would have been an awesome FOTR fig? gandalf on his cart. cruisin' through the shire, humming a tune. yeah.

that would be cool, but can you imagine how massive orthanc would have to be? though i guess grayskull isn't really to scale either. but i really wouldn't mind having a 10-foot-tall orthanc in my backyard. just to make the neighbors jealous.

yeah, i'm sure that will probably never happen though. i'll bet LOTR figs don't do the same biz that star wars does, thus no cool playsets and such. i don't know how well LOTR figs sell wherever you are, but around my land they're not very hot commodoties. all of the toys 'r us locations around here still have all the figs from the first assortment on the shelves. i've heard that it's difficult to find ringwraiths and such, but i could go to toys 'r us right now and probably be able to pick up at least 5 of 'em. but i'm not that hardcore, i have just one and it suits me fine for now.

hey, it would be neat to see a giant eagle fig too, with the g-man riding it.

but as for TTT figs, imagine how cool this would be: "frodo and sam /w gollum in the dead marshes." that would be a creepy little set, for sure!

That idea definatly needs to be sent to WETA!!!

*shivers* it would be sooo cooool but sooo expensive I imagine.

LOTR figures sell pretty well around here (Richmond, VA) most stores that get them in stock sell most with the exception of Newborn Lurtz and the Orc Overseer. I was actually able to nab 6 Wraiths myself so far but i don't see anymore here at all.

Where do you live?

here in detroit, the newborn lurtz is EVERYWHERE, and everything else is pretty much just-as-available. the cave troll was impossible at first, but everbody has those in abundance now. the items that are near-impossible to find here are things like figs from the marvel legends line and certain MOTU figs.

hey, was the gil-galad figure ever released, or is that hanging out somewhere with the twilight ringwraith?

also, what do you think of the 12-inch eowen and arwen? i think they're both sorta freaky...especially arwen. i definitely don't like them too much. they look like barbie dolls in the morgue or something.

I've never been a fan of the 12 inch dolls at all. Frodo looked horrible like the kid from "Boy Meets World" or screech from "Saved by the Bell" and the female figures I've seen don't impress me either.

Arwen does look like a dead barbie doll, which is a pity. Liv Tyler is beautiful and her TOy Biz figure does partial justice but the 12 inch takes it all away. The Eowyn looks ok but her clothes are bad.

The Cave Trolls use to be randomly placed here and there at Toys R Us' and thats when i grabbed mine. I might grab another from Wal Mart if I have the extra money and if they go on clearence.

I believe the Gil Galad bit the dust with the Orc Brute figures. Whether or not we see him in the future is most likely up to sales.

Siege

i've never been a fan of the 12-inch figs either, from any toy line. i dunno, i guess i just prefer the sculpted plastic look. the hair and the cloth generally look clumsy. LOTR, star wars...yuck.

though i do have an awesome AC Slater doll that i picked up on clearance many years ago (don't ask). now all i need is a vanilla ice doll... or better yet, an army of them. and slater could be their king. or whatever.

also, i'm generally not a fan of any toys that are trying to mimic an actual person. they always look...fake. i guess it's sorta like a wax museum. when an actual human is trying to be re-created...it just sorta looks freaky. but i'd have to throw the LOTR figs in a different category, i suppose. 'cuz they're just cool. and the incredible amount of detail in some of those figures is just amazing. hobbits being the exception, of course.

yeah. and i heard that in order to enrage the die-hard tolkien fanatics, the brass at new line decided to write in a musical number for saruman and his fighting uruk hai warriors. they actually have the iceman doubling for christopher lee! the next wave of TTT figures will include "dance party saruman w/floor-humping action."

EXACTLY!

but seriously, it would be completly awesome if toy biz produced a "wizard's duel" set.

i was just looking at the pics of TTT toys, and i couldn't help but notice once again how bad-ass legolas (the regular-sized one) looks! did the first legolas have jointed knees?

also, what does the button on gandalf's (non-horse figure) do?

and grima wormtongue has a sweet looking knife. wonder what he'll do with that in the next film...

i agree... the 12 inch figures really look spooky! the frodo one is the worst!

but the gimli 12" was cool! The legolas 12" looks like freddie prinze as fred in scooby doo!! it would have been better (in my opinion) if they put the real hair on legolas like the one they showed at the toybiz site. the arwen 12 " looks like a half ant half alien! her head is way too small for her body. The 12" ringwraith is a bit ugly because of the plastic head. and why did they put a brown belt with it??

you're all lucky coz the cave troll is everywhere over there...they never shipped it here in the philippines, but i saw one when i went to hongkong and i still didnt buy it because the face was ripped and i was thinking it would still come to the philippines. im very much regreting that now..

anyway, the whole FOTR line is still available everywhere here, especially the newborn lurtz, orc overseer, and the horse gift packs. The TTT is also out everywhere here but theyre all sold out as of now..

all of 'em! seriously! they're all so freakin' cool in their own right. and if you watch them in chronological order, you'll see the progression.

hey, no prob. just trying to spread good cheer. after you see each flick, we'll chat-up the details.

i'm hoping that you have a dvd player? 'cuz that's the only way to watch forgotten silver. the flick itself (which is short) is not complete without viewing the "making of" feature...which in itself is just as important as the feature. see the feature, then the "making of thingy," and then you'll view them both as one complete masterpiece.