ADC LOTR Two Towers 15 Figure Forum Give-Away

JayC

Between now and September 30th 2002 everytime you make a post in this LOTR forum section your name will be entered into a drawing held on October 1st 2002 for a set of 15 new LOTR Two Towers figures from Toy Biz. THese figures have been opened so that we could review and take pictures of, but otherwise un-used and complete with opened packaging and accessories. In order for your posts to be counted for the contest they must actually start or contribute to legitimate thread pertaining to this section's topic. Mainly being The Lord Of THe Rings. So in other words a post by someone just saying they want to win will not count. Posts in this section not only go towards this mini-section contest but they also count towrads our normal monthly forum contest. For details on that click here:

http://www.americandreamcomics.com/bb/view...c.php?t=1920750

The set of Toy Biz's Two Towers figures that one lucky winner will win will include:

King Theoden

Faramir

Grima Wormtongue

Legolas

Eomer

Gandalf The White

Rohirrim Soldier

Aragorn

Saruman The White

2-Packs

Pippin/Ugluk

Merry/Grishnakh

Elven Archer/Berserker Uruk-Hai

You can see pictures of these figures here:

http://66.221.124.161/g/?mode=album&album=...=LOTR%2F2Towers

Remember these figures have been opened but are complete, and only posts in the ADC LOTR Forum section count towards the LOTR Two Towers 15 Figure Forum Give-Away. So good luck and have fun.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the 'new' Saruman isn't new after all. Looks to be the same figure as release with the FOTR line. Dropped the Palatir Stand, gave him a view of the Eye of Sauron and have called it a "NEW" figure. Thought they were going to repaint to make him look more white (at least the press shots showed a whiter figure).

Aragorn appears to be the same figure as well. Oh well...modified accessories...I will end up buyiong them all anyway!

Visit The Green Dragon Today!

TheGD

thats really cool that yall are doing that JayC. ive been meaning to visit this forum more anyway, as i just recently watched LOTR and loved it!

i'm sure everybody has seen the treebeard figure by now. any opinions? also, did anybody notice how incredibly lame the merry and pippin figures always turn out?

The merry and Pippin figures this time I'm told have knee articulation so thry might actually have greater posability. But overall the figures lack what they deserve for TTT and the fact that we are being suckered into buying them again is a major let down. but on a better note it leaves Hobbit fodder for customs :)

Siege

...or how about the [what i'm assuming to be a 12-inch] ringwraith? looks pretty cool, but i'm not so sure i'm jivin' with the plastic hood. it sorta looks...cheesy...and out-of-place on the figure.

but i must say, the new legolas figure looks pretty awesome. he looks mighty pissed!

The 12 inch Wraith looks ok. I still like the Witchking Figures myself though. I have 7 of em as we speak and 2 of the Horse and Rider packs which are also cool but odd with the half rubber/half fabric outfits.

And yes, new Legolas does look awesome, as does the Easterling. The Easterling is my most desired figure.

Siege

is the easterling the fellow that could be mistaken for a wicker-clad warrior? with just the eyes showing? dunno if that's what you're talking about, but i think that fig is really cool looking too. with the exception of the eyes, that is. the eyes sorta make the fellow look a wee bit...worried. oh well. still cool though.

back to the wraith thing. do you suppose they're going to make an appearance [in that form] in the film, or do you suppose it's just another "FOTR variation] for the collectors? i really liked the witch king figure from the first wave of FOTR, it will look awesome flanking sauron.

speaking of which, is there a release date for sauron yet? now THAT looks completely awesome!

I forgot the release of Sauron, but I want to say Nov of this year.

Yes the Easterling is the wicker style fella. The detail in his armor is amazing and that's just from me looking at pictures on the net. I can't wait to have an army of those guys on my shelf.

As far as the wraith goes, I was disappointed to see the wraith and horse rereleased for TTT. it wuld have been a MAJOR spoiler to do the wraith and fell beast combo(who knows maybe the steed was a decoy and we'll actually get the fellbeast) so it might have been shunned by New Line but if they beats look like what they are suppose to(see John Howe's depictions) then they would make one helluva toy.

Siege

The Saruman fig looks different than the one i have from the FOTR line. The likeness on this new figure isn't as good IMO. Also, i am very pissed that they re-released the Aragorn without fixing the damn legs and the stupid head. I have no idea how they managed to turn a great superb-likeness prototype in such a horrible figure. Another peg warmer to go with the FOTR Aragorn's glogging the shelves in collector stores here.

:(

The Wraiths I believe will look more like warriors, since they will be involved in battles instead of looking for the Ring. Sauron is coming out in October. I already pre-ordered mine.

where were you able to pre-order sauron? i can't find anywhere that will just sell 1, it's always a "purchase-by-the-case" situation.

next thought: though i'm not going to rush out and buy this particular figure, i still think it's pretty cool that the theoden fig looks ALMOST EXACTLY like bernard hill (or whatever the actor's name is). that's pretty cool. not like that really weird crappy/generic aragorn that comes with the horse.

and i happen to think that the new gandalf (with the plastic robes w/o horse) is a MAJOR improvement over the original gandalf the grey action figure from the first assortment of FOTR figs. not sure if it looks a lot like ian mckellan, but i still think it's a pretty cool looking fig.

Theoden is probably going to be the Boromir of the next movie in that he is going to steal the show and be the unexpected superb acting. Not that Ian's or Lee's or anyone elses is going to be bad at all, but from the previews (expecially the poem i the 4 min trailer that gave me goosebumps) he is definatly going to be the show stopper. And yes his figure is an excellent sculpt. Toy Biz seem to be getting better and better with the Lazer Tech they are using.

Siege

the poem in the trailer was really good, yes indeed.

off topic (sort-of), but i can't wait to see how the [entities from the paths of the dead in ROTK] look. i have a feeling we're in for some crazy-cool stuff in the next year-and-a-half.

yeah, for sure.

hey, does anybody suppose that the balrog may actually find it's way into the TTT toy assortment? i've read quotes from mckellan, pretty much stating that the next film will feature gandalf fighting the balrog in the depths. so for those debating the "short screen time" in FOTR, perhaps TTT will help matters.

oh, and what's with that crazy-looking neck-joint on the shadowfax toy? is that a crappy assembly job, or some sort of action feature? the wraith's horse doesn't appear to have one, but it may be that the bridle (or whatever the correct term is) is concealing it.

I agree...I think Boromir was awesome in FOTR. The figure was very cool too...the likeness was right on. I sure hope Theoden is as cool and comes across well playing both aspects of his character (down trodden before wormtongue gets a tongue lashing from Gandalf and the hero King at the battle of Pellenor fields)...

I personally do not like the 12" Ringwraith...I think the plastic hood looks awful. The fabric and plastic are 2 different colors...you would think they would at least have done a better job with the prototype...the new 12" Legolas and Bilbo look sweet though so that makes up for a bit.

Hopefully we will see the rumored 12" Samwise and 12" GTW soon. Anyone for a 12" version of Gollum??? How cool would that be.

TheGD

i wonder if the oiliphaunt (or however it's spelled) will make it's appearance in TTT, as in the books. imagine the size of that toy, if it were to scale with the rest of the line!

whatever happened to the "twilight ringwraith?" was that cancelled?

and regarding the "wildman" action figure... i've only seen the small promo photo of it, has anybody seen one of higher quality yet?

I personlaly like the selection of new figures they're releasing for the Two Towers, I just hope they follow them up with some of the other charaters vital to the story(ie: Gollum.) has anyone heard anything about the production of him? Like when or how his figure will be created? I'm also hoping they will go back and revisit the Twilight Ringwraith. I thought that would have made a great figure and I'm still holding out for it's release, not to mention the Balrog.

still, it would be pretty awesome to have a 3-foot tall plastic oliphaunt.

in regards to the gollum fig, i seem to remember reading something a couple of months back...about giving the toy "translucent skin." i assume that's how the character will be portrayed in the film, and i could only imagine that the toy would look fantastic with such a feature (if done correctly, that is).