Go ahead and ban me...

TheOne

But I'm going to have my say before I leave.

For a few years I've been coming here, in various guises. First let me say Jay does a great job with the news portion of his site. From all I have seen and read though, these forums continue to be a pain in the backside for him. That last point brings me to my final post.

There are certain members who feel free to attack others, via PMs or openly for their like of the new line. There's even a thread right now where they're talking about how bad it is to like the revived toy line.

Not once has anyone decried liking the old style figures. Not one single time. However should someone say they enjoy the new line, well that simply can not be tollerated by some. They can not leave a generally positive thread alone. They insist on muscling in. This threatens others right to post what they like, because they simply do not want to be ridiculed or do not want to cause a confrontation.

There is a segment of this board's population that insists on having its own way. They do this through the above means. They prey on those who would give up their voice rather than face them down and make them be quiet for a change. I laugh everytime I hear something about "freedom of speach" because the same people who preach about it themselves seek to prohibit it. Its freedom of speach that they agree with they want to foster. Its the cry of the opressor.

So where does that leave the fandom of G.I. Joe? As others have said, at a crossroads. Thankfully, it will move on, without a lot of the dead weight, as new fans are made. Those who can not put their bias aside, or are so intent on hating anything new, will be left. Those who can embrace change will move along and probably have an enjoyable time left to their own devices.

I have seen G.I. Joe change from its inception. I was here when the first Joes were. I saw Adventure Team come, Mike Powers, Super Joe and finally The Real American Hero. Each and every incarnation has had growing pains. As adults, you would think we would be capable of seeing these are toys... and be happy a new generation will get to enjoy something and maybe find something to enjoy for ourselves too. Instead I see a rash of selfishness and me me me me... and its frankly distasteful. The people who demonstrate this are below contempt.

So I'm done now. Have your negative zone. Good luck NMX and Roy being mods here. Sams Club has Advil at a discount. I will now join the ranks of people not coming back. There are other places to have intelligent conversation with reasonable people.

Jay, delete this account, please.

I am The One. I will see you in the pages of Lee's.

Good Day, Gentlemen.

:o Geesh! Are we talking about G.I.Joe action figure toys and what we like about'em and what we don't like about'em and so on...? Or is this some hidden political type forum, for solving the "problems" of the world?

Are you that timid, that you can't enjoy something you like, without being surrounded by a bunch of equally blissful and enthusiastic people as you are?

You don't enjoy sports do you? Not a competitive person maybe? I don't have as much fun on Sunday's watching football games with my buddies when they are all rooting for the SAME team, what's fun for me is having the teasing and joking and bickering back and forth over why our "favorites" are gonna whip YOUR favorites, and then enjoying the fun of winning or eating humble pie! :wink:

But that's just me though.

I can handle people not "agreeing" with me about my likes and dislikes of the many different toys that make up this G.I.Joe line, I'm not sure I understand why you let objectivity get to you so much.

Is it YOUR "artwork" that's being critiqued? Is YOUR job in jeopardy if the idea didn't fly? What's all the huff?

In the time that I've been reading or posting here (very short) I've only seen you post contentious remarks against another member for making uncomplimentary comments about the new Joes. Why not practice what you preach and simply ignore the negative crap and post what YOU like instead? There's just as many, if not obviously MORE, people that you can share equal sentiments with. You didn't seem to want to share IMO, you just want to complain about complainers!

WOW! Riveting and very enlightening! :roll:

psst...it's just toys, right? :)

In the time that I've been reading or posting here (very short) I've only seen you post contentious remarks against another member for making uncomplimentary comments about the new Joes.  Why not practice what you preach and simply ignore the negative crap and post what YOU like instead?  There's just as many, if not obviously MORE, people that you can share equal sentiments with.   You didn't seem to want to share IMO, you just want to complain about complainers!

Right on. Take me for example. I may think that Viper Hunter's opinions on the JVC line are nothing more than biased thoughts coming from the mind of an old fart who doesn't accept change, but he's still a cool guy IMO. - LOL

(Sorry, Viper Hunter. I just had to throw that jab in there.) ;)

In the time that I've been reading or posting here (very short) I've only seen you post contentious remarks against another member for making uncomplimentary comments about the new Joes.  Why not practice what you preach and simply ignore the negative crap and post what YOU like instead?  There's just as many, if not obviously MORE, people that you can share equal sentiments with.   You didn't seem to want to share IMO, you just want to complain about complainers!

Right on. Take me for example. I may think that Viper Hunter's opinions on the JVC line are nothing more than biased thoughts coming from the mind of an old fart who doesn't accept change, but he's still a cool guy IMO. - LOL

Yea... I got your back DarthJoe... Umm... Viper Hunter... Old Fart... Doesn't like errmmm accept change... Yea... That's it!

Did I mention an "Old Fart?" :lol:

Or is this some hidden political type forum, for solving the "problems" of the world?

Sshhhhut up...

Don't mind TheOne, though. He's just a piddly little bump in the internet highway, one you have to ignore if you're going to have a nice ride.

Tom

COBRAAA.JPG

that's good advice, tom-1. it's best to ignore members you don't agree with.

however, i can see theone's point about naysayers of the new line squating on pro GvC threads. i don't post often at all, but i do read the board everyday. i see certain members constantly bashing the new line, which i guess is their right, but the complaints are so redundant, it's getting just plain ##$%$#ed. i guess stuff gets repeated for the new folks that are lurking around, but my guess is that new folks are lurking around because they like the new line.

and i guess what i'm trying to say is that those that don't like the new line have made their point pretty clear, so why not try and bring something productive to the boards instead of filling pro GvC threads with the same old gripes. stick to the complaint threads because there're are plenty of them. i'll say the same thing to those who like the new line. don't squat on the threads against GvC.

it'll be just like our own little two-party system.

and i'll also say this, i'm not opposed to debate, but this horse was beaten to death long ago. but i'm sure there will be some who will want to dig it up for one more beating everytime a new wave of figures hits stores.

and now i'm back to my original statement, let's all heed tom-1's advice and ignore those and their posts that rub us the wrong way.

phew...thanks for your time.

thecamyth

there is a difference between friendly jokes, intelligent cracks, and witty responses, and just flat out saying "you are an idiot."

It is ok to poke each other but not to stab each other. I think that is the point that everyone needs to think about sometimes.

there is a difference between friendly jokes, intelligent cracks, and witty responses, and just flat out saying "you are an idiot."

It is ok to poke each other but not to stab each other.  I think that is the point that everyone needs to think about sometimes.

Yea... I rib Viper Hunter all the time but thats because him and I are cool with each other and help each other out with toys... Right bud... Right?!?

Actually I think if everyone could act a little more mature and realize people have different opinions and people joke around then things like this wouldn't happen. I know we play with toys, but we don't have to act like 5 year olds. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, TheOne, but if you can't handle an internet message board then you need to stop reading it! Good Luck in the future! :)

That's not the first time someone said very offensive thing through PM. I remember an incident in the TF forum in which someone left after recieving offensive e-mails.

The_One: Who sent them, and how bad were they? Even in private conversations there's only so much people have to take.

Yea... I got your back DarthJoe... Umm... Viper Hunter... Old Fart... Doesn't like errmmm accept change... Yea... That's it!

See there TheOne..? All that jabbing at me, and making fun of my "grumpy old man" routine....and I'm ready to come back for MORE! @-@

btw...YOU GUYS...my farts are never "old", I get rid of'em as quick as they're developed! :wink:

It is ok to poke each other but not to stab each other.  I think that is the point that everyone needs to think about sometimes.

Yea... I rib Viper Hunter all the time but thats because him and I are cool with each other and help each other out with toys... Right bud... Right?!?

You know it! :D When the Joe finds are gettin' low...I can always go on a MOTU hunt for my buddy Outsiders! Of course, then I get hooked on them as well, and have to find MORE, and the wife see's them and threatens to kick me out if I "bring one more TOY into this house!" and...oops, I'm rambling again. :wink:

that's good advice, tom-1.   let's all heed tom-1's advice and ignore those and their posts that rub us the wrong way.  

thecamyth

I don't think Tom was making a "how to properly conduct yourself in a message board forum" statement, I think he was just reassuring me, that TheOne's sentiments weren't really worth losing any sleep over. 8)

well its been awhile since I`ve posted here, but I see things have yet to change " RAH vs GvC" is still the topic of choice it seems. While I dont care for the GvC in a whole, but hell I gotta buy`m to get the battle points to get the old school exclusives :P damn that hasbro for being clever :evil:

But leaving a message board because of it doesnt make sense to me.

I think TheOne has a point, and he voiced his opinion eloquently.  Can't we all be buds?

We all ARE being buds! :)-

He's leaving the party cuz the DJ won't play only HIS music! :wink:

Well, I think the one is blowing things out of proportion here. I would like to say something mean to him, but I am already skating on thin ice. :evil:

But I will say this. It was NOT me who sent anyone a mean private message. I am innocent.

I've seen "Teh One" post on OTHER forums like RTM and The GI Joe 3 3/4" newsgroup. Lets just say that he's acted like a yappy little chihuahua with a chip on his shoulder there too.

Don't buy his "Wounded innocent" routine for a second. He's guilty of launching an attack or two on his own unprovoked. Certainly not one entitled to gripe about people not being open minded.

He'll be back. :roll:

And you are absolutely right. This guy launches more unprovoked attacks than anyone. He sometimes would just insult people for no reason. Most of us insult people we are already having arguments with.

Anyways, I know I am not somebody to complain about people insulting each other. :lol: