Which version of Cobra Commander do you like best?

1. 1. Which version of Cobra Commander do you like best?

• 1982 (V1) Mail-In with Helmet
    • 1984 (V2) Mail-In with Hood
    • 1987 (V3) with Battle Armor
    • 1991 (V4)
    • 1993 (V6) Battle Corps figure - Repaint of V5
    • 1997 (V8) Repaint of V3 - Cobra Command Team
    • 2000 (V9) Two-pack w/ Chameleon - Repaint of V5
    • 2001 (V10) Two-pack w/ Laser Viper - Repaint of V3
    • 2002 (V11) JVC Two-pack w/ Duke
    • 2002 (V12) Repaint of V11

I have to go with V11 from the JVC line. While the battle helmet CC is cool, the JVC one is just more dominating IMO. It's by far the best hooded version of CC to date. He's beefed up and intimidating...not like the #$### CC of the 80's. And the touches of gold on the shoulder pads and belt-buckle give him that arrogant, "I want to rule the world", feeling.

The hood is really what makes this figure though. The cobra emblem on the forehead, with the red eyes, and the read streaks below the eyes are just awesome. CC can't get any better than this! (That is...until the o-ring version hits the shelves). ;)

PS - I left out V5 since the repaints of this figure are better IMO and don't have the backpack attached to the figure. I also left out the Star Brigade version since he just sucks.

CC really needs an updated version of him done with his helmet, this is for sure, but until that day has come, my favorite version to use in a diorama scene, of him standing amongst the many troops, is either one of the V5 or V6 hooded ones. Since only the BC version is listed, I'll vote for that (the eyes are just awesome and intimidating, much better looking than V11's filled with red paint from a drippy red emblem painted on his hood at the last minute, look :wink: )

Come on, what kind of question is that, the battle helmet from V.1 Cobra Commander is the best. Even though they mixed it up in the toon, this is the version of CC most people attached themselves to, before he just straight out stopped wearing it (and opted for the Darth armor)

A battle helmet CC would make my collection, I would proudly put him amongst the soldiers he 'commands' ... Right now he's just a Terrordrome lurker, plotting and planning but never leading.

Tom

COBRAAA.JPG

i voted for v11 also. most versions of cobra commander are pretty cool, and there's none more classic than the v1 helmeted commander. however, none depict cc the way he always should have been, as a menacing leader, as the new jvc sculpt. i do feel the repaint is even more menacing (as in downright evil), but he doesn't work as well all round as he does in his classic blue color.

diesel

• 3 months later...

i voted V2 with the HOOD. i think he looked more evil in the comic and cartoon with it on. it makes him look more fierce when he gets mad because you can see the expression in his eyes.