GI Joe: The Weakest Link

The srg didn't realy fit into joe, he was way to unrealistic, but he was kinda funny and i too hated grid iron. SO bye bye Captain!!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clam,  

The sheriff on Dukes of Hazzard was Roscoe...Roscoe P. Coletrain to be precise.  :lol: His dogs name was Flash. He used sit in his car on the old dirt roads of Hazzard County, usually behind a billboard or some bushes. When those Duke boys would come tearing through he'd turn to his doggie pal and say soemthing like "Coo Coo let's go get em Flash, those Duke boys will be behind bars or my name ain't Roscoe P. Coletrain." [Assorted redneck antics and car chases ensue]. No I wasn't a big fan and I really didn't watch it that much as a kid but these sort of things get burned into my 80's memory banks along with all the GI Joe, Voltron, Transformers goodness.

Ah, thats right. Thanks for the reminder. I was too little to remember that, but it is on tv again on TNN.

Flash was voted off with 5 votes.

Slaughter only has 2 votes because clammie voted for him twice last round.  ;)

ROUND 6

I vote for Grid-Iron again.

Hey man, I waited 24 hours to vote for the Sarge, its not my fault if your "rounds" timing is off. :lol:

Okay, anyway, I vote for Sgt.Slaughter.

If you are seriouse.  I will second your Snake Eyes.  He has never interested me in the least bit.

What, you've got to be joking. Snake Eyes may not be your favorite, but this is a process of elimination. You are supposed to vote off who you think is the worst character on the list. And if you think Snake Eyes is the worst, then your vote doesn't count, because you must be ##$%$#ed.

What, you've got to be joking. Snake Eyes may not be your favorite, but this is a process of elimination. You are supposed to vote off who you think is the worst character on the list. And if you think Snake Eyes is the worst, then your vote doesn't count, because you must be ##$%$#ed.

Lets get something straight clam. I will vote for whom I want, when I want. I do not need permission from some jack ball that complains about everything GI Joe because God for bid it is not like the 80's you reject. In my oppinion Snake eyes was a lame character. I never liked the guys that people just went goofy over because they were some kind of loner, one man army, or anti-hero. Last time I checked, moronick liberals have yet to take away my freedom of choice.

Sorry Snakes, it has now become my personal goal to get rid of you.

Don't forget that he has the same body as Flash, who was already voted off.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil: I may have to vote off Snake Eyes in retaliation!  :evil:

Yes, he has the same body as Flash, but he also has the same head as Grunt. He looks like Grunt wearing Flash's outfit. Can you imagine how hard it must be for the Joe team? Everytime Hawk thinks he's talking to Grunt he's actually talking to Flash and everytime he thinks he's talking to Grand Slam it is actually Grunt dressed up as Flash. That must be frustrating!

Lets get something straight clam. I will vote for whom I want, when I want. I do not need permission from some jack ball that complains about everything GI Joe because God for bid it is not like the 80's you reject. In my oppinion Snake eyes was a lame character. I never liked the guys that people just went goofy over because they were some kind of loner, one man army, or anti-hero. Last time I checked, moronick liberals have yet to take away my freedom of choice.

Sorry Snakes, it has now become my personal goal to get rid of you.

no, I understand it if you don't like him. I just can't believe that anybody with a brain would look at that list and think that Snake Eyes is the worst character there. I know for a fact that you don't think he is the worst character on that list, you are just trying to stand out and be the guy who voted off snake eyes.

C'mon dude, if people don't take these games somewhat seriously, they just ruin it for everybody else.

hey if we're voting off snake-eyes i wanna help so he gets my vote.that'll teach him for being mr invincible supergod center of the universe who can kill thousands of moderatly trained soldiers with only a sword and uzi without getting wounded while everybody else who isn't a ninja can barely hold their own(try saying that three times fast).oh how i hate him

I'm not voting for Snakes, but I agree with Zeil. As popular as that ninja bastich is, he doesnt get that responce from ME. It's like you could drop the guy in the middle of Cobra Island and finish the GI Joe / Cobra rivalry once and for all.

Granted, I believe he is better at killing and patience-oriented skills than other Joes but he is by no means invincible. I would love just once to see him pinned down by gunfire and not back-flip his way out of it.

Tom

COBRAAA.JPG

Whoa, there! :o I was only kidding about voting off Snakes. That's the problem with this Internet stuff. You can easily misunderstand the full meaning of words sometimes. I should have put a big J/K in there or one of these :wink: I guess. I do think Snakes is overexposed and he was far from my favorite Joe, but I do not think he is the weakest character. I will not try to discourage anyone who does want to vote him off, it's their right after all, but I will concentrate on other characters who are total crap in my mind.

I've always like Snake-Eyes. He adds a certain something to G.I.Joe that makes it so interesting. I've always like the Ninja aspect of G.I.Joe, but I know that not everyone feels the same way. Some people like Snake-Eyes and some don't. That's the way it is! :)

i would vote for snake a lil later in the game...once all the fodder is gone. the quiet, i can rock all ass, i know 15 and a half martial arts, hasbro is completely on my dick character has never done it for me. its the same reason i didnt use ryu in street fighter. people sweated him, hes the main hero (boo), and he walks off into the sunset at the end, lookin for the next fight. its so cliche...makes me want to puke. gimme ken anyday...the american showoff, who gets laid in the end. THATS what im talkin about. :)

Anyways its hasbros fault for the huge disgust of snake eyes over the years by fans. overhyped, overused, overexposed in the comic/toon has led people to sigh when he shows up anywhere. Now Stormy on the other hand is great imo. the only TRUE ninja through and through...i love that in the image comics he's cobra commanders bodyguard/killing machine. and whats better than that? hes the ONE cobra EVER(excluding nemesis enforcer from the movie :x ) that CONSISTENTLY waxes joe ass...I LOVE IT.

its not Hasbro's fault Snake Eyes was over-exposed, they didn't write the comics or cartoons. C'mon man, snakes always has cool figures and he is a great character in the cartoon. He barely even gets any use in the cartoon. Many of you don't like Snake eyes because of the end of the comic series, when everything went ninja on us. But look past that, he was cool in the early issues of the comic and he was cool in the cartoon. He is nowhere near the weakest link.

I urge you people to actually think about this game and let it be more fun. Don't vote off characters just to make a statement.

I guess I need some clarification here. Are we judging them by appearances as an action figure? By their characters established within a cartoon? Comic book? Mix mesh of all of the above?

I was thinking that some of the listed figures never made an appearance in either the cartoon or the comic book, so they could only be judged by the toy figure alone, whereas, I think Snake eyes is one awesome of a action figure, but was used in the comic book so much, and in a manner that annoyed some people, that's why he's being voted on here..in that regard?

So is it "as a toy"..? Or a Larry Hama written "character" that we're to judge the "weakest link"?

Well, I only consider the figure and the filecard to be anything official to myself. I didn't read the comics and the cartoons were never too consistent.

The sheriff on Dukes of Hazzard was Roscoe...Roscoe P. Coletrain to be precise.  :lol: His dogs name was Flash. He used sit in his car on the old dirt roads of Hazzard County, usually behind a billboard or some bushes. When those Duke boys would come tearing through he'd turn to his doggie pal and say soemthing like "Coo Coo let's go get em Flash, those Duke boys will be behind bars or my name ain't Roscoe P. Coletrain." [Assorted redneck antics and car chases ensue]. No I wasn't a big fan and I really didn't watch it that much as a kid but these sort of things get burned into my 80's memory banks along with all the GI Joe, Voltron, Transformers goodness.

Don't even tell me you were just bashing on the Dukes of Hazard. :evil: :wink:

I guess I need some clarification here. Are we judging them by appearances as an action figure? By their characters established within a cartoon? Comic book? Mix mesh of all of the above?

All of the above. Anything that you think deems them worthy of being voted off before someone else.

First off, I need to restate what the rules are: You only get one vote per round. Therefore, since Cyberbear voted for Serpentor first and then Snake Eyes second in the same round, I didn't count the vote for Snake Eyes. I'm also not counting Jack's vote since it seems he was joking about it in the first place. That is unless he posts otherwise.

Second, I must say, lets not turn this into a MOTU vs GI Joe popularity contest as it was only the MOTU fans who were voting for Snake Eyes...and they know it will piss off a lot of the hardcore Joe fans. Come on guys. None of the Joe fans have hit the MOTU boards and voted for Skeletor, He-Man, Trap-Jaw, Beast Man, Merman, etc on that weakest link thread.

Anyways, Captain Grid-Iron was voted off with 9 votes last round.

ROUND 7

I'm voting for Astro-Viper this round. He never seemed to have a spot on my Cobra team when I was a kid. He was always the one to get taken out first.